PDA

View Full Version : ND to ACC

Zag 77
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Notre Dame is leaving the Big East where it has all but football. Joining ACC for all sports except football. The interesting aspect is that football will schedule at least 5 ACC games every year. That seems like the best of both worlds for ND, since they already schedule some ACC schools in football anyway. That lets ND keep traditional rivals like USC and Navy. Smart move. Big East is severely downgraded now and ND is well positioned to become a full ACC football school if circumstances warrant. The next big event will be to see how the new 4-team playoff shakes out.

http://www.foxsportscarolinas.com/09/12/12/Notre-Dame-to-become-ACCs-15th-member/msn_landing.html?blockID=789039&feedID=3737

75Zag
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the news. In the world of uninformed opinions that dominates this site (most of which can be blamed on me) it is great to have some interesting and current news.

Go Bulldogs!

maineblackbear
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
just want to point out that ND is joining hockey east. will be playing maine in the alfond this fall. will lose. this particular gonzaga/umaine alum is very excited about that.

very good move for ND in football, as five of their games a year will be versus sub-par ACC squads. Decent move in BB as it involves upgrading, but since they are ND, they can match and exceed Boston College. LOL.

But in hockey? There are schools in Hockey east that we would not send our kids to that will beat 'em. UMass-Lowell for one. BU for another. Maine for a third, but I hate to admit to that. Merrimack for another but that is such a hot academic school that its hard to be upset about that--a school that most of our kids could not get accepted to, but that no-one knows is a D-1 program.

look, I could go on for awhile, but I for one, am totally psyched about the move.

bostoncollegezagfan
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
very good move for ND in football, as five of their games a year will be versus sub-par ACC squads. Decent move in BB as it involves upgrading, but since they are ND, they can match and exceed Boston College. LOL.

But in hockey? There are schools in Hockey east that we would not send our kids to that will beat 'em. UMass-Lowell for one. BU for another. Maine for a third, but I hate to admit to that. Merrimack for another...

I'm sorry to say it but how can you not mention Boston College when you talk about Hockey East? We have won 3 national titles in the last 5 years and in the last 15 or so years we've been to 10 frozen fours, 7 national titles games and we have 4 national titles. There is not one team in college hockey that is even close to being on the level that BC is on. Feel free to bash us on mediocre football and bball as of late, but we are a dynasty in hockey. Also, as far as football goes, our crappy head coach will be gone after this year and we will rebuild O-line U and be a force to reckon with in only a few years and many of us at BC believe in Donahue to strengthen bball as well.

Don't mean to be so defensive, but I don't like the BC negativity. We're all Jesuits, here.

CDC84
09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Decourcy at TSN has a good article about ND and the future of BE basketball:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-09-12/notre-dame-acc-basketball-football-big-east

Originally the ACC wasn't going to let ND in unless they included football. They had a change of heart.