• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottloos
    Redshirt
    • Sep 2007

Battle In Seattle (Pre-Sale)

Any word on the Battle in Seattle Presale?
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Presale starts Wednesday Sept 12 @ 10 AM. Ends Sept 13 @ 10 PM.

Promo code: 10years

Ticketmaster.com

Comment

• Zag365
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
      Presale starts Wednesday Sept 12 @ 10 AM. Ends Sept 13 @ 10 PM.

Promo code: 10years

Ticketmaster.com
      Thanks for the info. Is this available to anyone? In years past, it seemed like the only pre-sales were for season ticket holders and/or Spokane residents. Also, how did you get this info? I don't see it on the Ticketmaster.com webpage or the GU Athletics/tickets webpage. Just curious because I annually attend BiS and am always amazed at how little info/promo goes out to Zag alums about how to get tickets in advance other than the usual purchase when tickets go on sale to the general public

Comment

• jake
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Feb 2007

I got it through the BIS mailing list. I think if you're signed up on the email list they sent out the info this morning.

Comment

• 75Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Battle in Seattle

Advance BIS tickets are available to anybody with a pulse and a credit card regardless of location.

My email from the BIS people offers another password : BIS10

The email also offers this link:

Again according to the email I got, advance tickets are on sale from 10:00 am Wednesday the 12th until 10:00 pm Thursday the 13th.

I think this "presale" is happening after the super secret Bulldog Club presale has been completed, but if the last couple of years are any indication, if you have the cash to spend on front row tickets you will be sitting in as good - or better - seats as any wealthy big time GU booster.

Good luck, and Go Bulldogs!
          Do not go gentle into that good night,
          Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Thank you for the link, 75. . .it might be "an early Christmas present" for some lucky Zag fan in the greater Truckee Meadows. . .
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zag365
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by 75Zag View Post
              Advance BIS tickets are available to anybody with a pulse and a credit card regardless of location.

My email from the BIS people offers another password : BIS10

The email also offers this link:

Again according to the email I got, advance tickets are on sale from 10:00 am Wednesday the 12th until 10:00 pm Thursday the 13th.

I think this "presale" is happening after the super secret Bulldog Club presale has been completed, but if the last couple of years are any indication, if you have the cash to spend on front row tickets you will be sitting in as good - or better - seats as any wealthy big time GU booster.

Good luck, and Go Bulldogs!
              thanks. I'll have to find out how to get on the BiS eblast notification list. This info alone pays for my GUB subscription.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2009

I noticed the marketing materials this year are sort of lowbrow. A good shot of Pangos (he the face of the team now? I am neither here nor there on it, he is the PG afterall...) and then some K-State and GU graphics (skewed a bit to fit the ad space - way to go, SR!).

Last year's was better with the comic book look with Carter, E, Rob, etc.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                  I noticed the marketing materials this year are sort of lowbrow. A good shot of Pangos (he the face of the team now? I am neither here nor there on it, he is the PG afterall...) and then some K-State and GU graphics (skewed a bit to fit the ad space - way to go, SR!).

Last year's was better with the comic book look with Carter, E, Rob, etc.
                  It still has to stick in the craw of UW fans and Romar that the Battle In Seattle has nothing to do with the University of Washington, right there in Seattle.

How would we feel if UW came over to Spokane and captured our audience and TV space for "Dawg Plan in Spokane" or some such catchy name. Even for just one night we would say, "what are you doing over here?"

I love it! We are the best hoops in the state now. Especially since the Sonics are gone!
                  “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• 75Zag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
                    It still has to stick in the craw of UW fans and Romar that the Battle In Seattle has nothing to do with the University of Washington, right there in Seattle.
                    When the BIS first started, we loved to wake up in our Seattle hotel room and read the front page newspaper coverage of BIS activities in the Seattle newspaper(s) - the opposing team was usually a huge national draw, and GU was coming off the Elite 8 and getting a lot of press. The first few years of the BIS were the national CBS Saturday game as I recall - not just a regional or sports network game. And fans for both teams were all over downtown Seattle in their respective colors - at the Pike Place Market, at the retail stores, at the restaurants, etc.

In the past 5-6 years the BIS has fallen off the radar of Seattle press. I don't think the BIS has made the front page of the Seattle Times sports section in the past couple years, let alone the front page of the entire paper like it did in the good old days. The last time I saw a good showing of colors by a GU opponent was the Tenn. game, and that has been a few years.

GU needs to go far in the 2013 Tournament and we need a Kentucky-like opponent for the BIS to bring the prestige of the event back to the national spotlight. If that happens, then the UW folks will be jealous. For now, not so much.

Go Bulldogs!
                    Do not go gentle into that good night,
                    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• Jakester425
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Sep 2008

The economy gets worse and worse, BIS tickets get more and more expensive. I remember sitting court-side for $90/ticket, now that only gets you top of the lower section. I'm still going, just wanted to complain

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Doesn't the Battle in Seattle draw the largest single game crowd of basketball fans in the Seattle area each year (since the Sonics left)?

Comment

• Jakester425
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                          Doesn't the Battle in Seattle draw the largest single game crowd of basketball fans in the Seattle area each year (since the Sonics left)?
                          Yes definitely. The only thing that has come close was last year when Seattle U played a home game (Key Arena) against UW. I believe they had around 11k.

Comment

• zagzilla
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Got 'em!

BIS10 is the correct code

Go Zags!

ZZ

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007