PDA

View Full Version : OT -- Cougs Lose a Commit

hls97
07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Our friends at WSU just lost a solid verbal -- Mark McLaughlin has opened his recruitment back up after agreeing to join Tony B. in Pullman. Big loss for the Cougs as MM is the 16th rated SG in the class. (Then again, it seems like Tony has quite a few 2 guard types signed up.)

Rumor is that he is hoping an offer will be forthcoming from Romar.

El Voce
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
If true, that would certainly make that rivalry even hotter.

cggonzaga
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
:link:

Find that hard to believe from previous articles and quotes from him.

hls97
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
:link:

Find that hard to believe from previous articles and quotes from him.

Front page news on Cougfan...

kyle dixon
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
It would not surprise me that UW jumped in after McGlaughlin's verbal to WSU. Take last week with Breshers suddenly decommiting from Miami...Coincidence? This makes me wonder..

Robzagnut
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
>Rumor is that he is hoping an offer will be forthcoming from Romar.

Someone should check to see if Cameron Dollar is up to his old tricks again.

lothar98zag
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Pizza anyone?

cggonzaga
07-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Is he still considering the Cougs?

MDABE80
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
It's legal till the kid signs in Novermeber but geeeeeeeeeez it makes the poacher look unprincipled and very very bad. Desparate people in desparate times....and all that.

BobZag
07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
The Bennetts--Tony and Dick--have proven they can outcoach Romar and beat him multiple times a year with whatever players they happen to have. I don't see any change because a kid decommits.

El Voce
07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Pizza anyone?

Lothar -- It's Dollar Pizza Night! Phone it in with your cellphone.:)

BobZag
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
It's legal till the kid signs in Novermeber but geeeeeeeeeez it makes the poacher look unprincipled and very very bad. Desparate people in desparate times....and all that.

"If you can't recruit 'em, poach 'em."

sittingon50
07-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I wonder if the ewe has a lead poacher or if dollar & shaw split up the responsibilities?

GoZags
07-25-2007, 05:19 PM
UDub's last two bigtime recruits both "de"committed from their original school and somehow "found" Washington.

Venoy Overton was a USC commit and Breshers was a Miami commit.

Somehow they saw the light, before it was too late. Good for them. Maybe they'll make it to an NIT some day.

In the meantime, I enjoyed the various "pizza" references.

Zag509
07-25-2007, 09:51 PM
You guys are killing me!!! Pizza! cell phones!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love it!

UW is on a major slide, WSU is gaining steam...no way will one recruit change that. It will prolly just piss off the cougs and make them play tougher.

Even Romar's dirty tricks cant stop the UW death-spiral.

Hope you enjoyed your 1.5 years near the top doggies.

SWZag
07-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I've pretty much lost all respect for the UW coaching staff. I grew up a UW kid and still had a place in my heart for them. But over the last couple of years, it's made me very disappointed. No surprise to me if Romar gets McGaughlin. There's no limits for that staff.

My opinion, but it's getting stronger! :)

SWZag

SteeleMan
07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
The Bennetts--Tony and Dick--have proven they can outcoach Romar and beat him multiple times a year with whatever players they happen to have. I don't see any change because a kid decommits.

I *heart* BobZag.

If he does decide to go to the UW then his trips to Pullman will be anything but pleasant.

lawzag
07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
okay here's the choice:
a good program with a great coach or a crappy program with a crappy coach

which would you pick? :D

edit: personally, I'd head for Pullman anyday!

hls97
07-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I almost hope McLaughlin ends up going to UW so that, twice a year, he can be reminded of the mistake he made. Payback is a b*tch!

:cool:

MDABE80
07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
If McLaughlin suddenly finds UW (ala GZ) and if one factors in Overton and Breshers who found UW too, this will make 3 kids who decommitted in favor of the UW, it will trigger something. I do know this, major political capital is being used up as I type this. The odds of this happening by random chance ? Since there's a track record of this already, I wonder if anyone is watching this situation in Seattle. Winning with honor is always preferable. We'll see what happens....