PDA

View Full Version : Rob & Kelly Features

zagballer6
09-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Here are a couple of short features on Kelly and Rob done by the Canadian Sports Channel the Score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdR0VccErcI&list=PLBBB02D8E4F3A0925&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMUl7cy9-hI&feature=youtu.be

hooter73
09-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I heart rob.

as for KO... well here's hoping *shrug?

:cheers:

75Zag
09-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I am trying really, really hard to be positive, but I am having a hard time seeing KO as a great defender in the paint against a top quality offensive 5, but I am keeping the faith. With his new hair style KO looks a bit like the ugliest hockey playing brother in "Slap Shot" so maybe he has more toughness inside of him than I give him credit for.

Wishing KO the best season ever. Please Kelly, we need it.

Go Bulldogs.

hooter73
09-06-2012, 08:05 AM
So many people think its going to be Beast, a few think its going to be Bust, i think its going to be somewhere in between. Better than he was, still maybe not a 1st team WCC. I'm hopeful, but my expectations have been reduced back to reality after watching year after year of development and good progress, but no player has, or will, just suddenly explode.

sittingon50
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Carter did, the end of his Jr. year.

LongIslandZagFan
09-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Mid-career redshirts offer a completely different aspect for the player. The player has D1 experience. They nderstand what the coaches want. Then they get a chance to do something they likely haven't done... Which is truly watch the game. Dan Dickau said the best thing for his college career was the year he sat out. After a year of observing... The game just seemed slower to him... That is a good thing. KO made the most of his year... A 30-50% improvement in his game would be a huge plus to the team.

I don't get the negativity on him. He was the best player in practice much of last year per Few who is not one to offer public compliments to players. Don't expect the world of him, but don't assume you are getting the old Kelly... There WILL be improvement.

zagzilla
09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Not sure about the hair, but he looks like his body is much more developed than the last time we saw him. Looks more like a grown man than 2 years ago.

Hoping to see some of that rim rocking he showed in the video clip to complement his euro big outside game.

ZZ

ZagsGoZags
09-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Hooter 73 said:

"I'm hopeful, but my expectations have been reduced back to reality after watching year after year of development and good progress, but no player has, or will, just suddenly explode."

It seemed to me that Ammo exploded within one year, going from one of our better starters to superstar

OZZY
09-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Mid-career redshirts offer a completely different aspect for the player. The player has D1 experience. They nderstand what the coaches want. Then they get a chance to do something they likely haven't done... Which is truly watch the game. Dan Dickau said the best thing for his college career was the year he sat out. After a year of observing... The game just seemed slower to him... That is a good thing. KO made the most of his year... A 30-50% improvement in his game would be a huge plus to the team.

I don't get the negativity on him. He was the best player in practice much of last year per Few who is not one to offer public compliments to players. Don't expect the world of him, but don't assume you are getting the old Kelly... There WILL be improvement.

Well said LIZF.

A combination of his physical and mental (including understanding the game from a differenmt perspective) maturity can almost guarantee improvement.

The other factor that has not really been touched on is the backcourt he is now playing with is far different then the last time he played. You now have both guards who can stretch defenses with their long range shooting as well as thread passes into the post. He has practised with them now for 18 months. I expect to see both KO and Special K to benefit from the spreading of the floor.

One last thing. If Kelly's physical maturity and strengthening still allows him to get decent lift then he could very well leave a lasting impression.............

2wiceright
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I know it's bad to have too high of expectations but I really expect the biggest improvement from Kelly than anyone else on the team this year- from reasons stated in previous posts I noted... :pray: