PDA

View Full Version : Zags T-Shirt Questions

Oregonzagnut
09-03-2012, 08:47 AM
I am curious what the levels are that people wear and care for their T-shirts and other Zag gear.

But I keep a special pile in my drawers of the early shirts from 1999, 2000,-2001. Those shirts commemorate our 3 Sweet 16's and I rarely wear them because I don't want to wash them or risk holes. I only wear them during the NCAA tournaments. My next level of care goes to my tournament shirts from 2003 onwards. But I still wear them just not as much as my kennel club shirts or plain Zags shirts. I wear my shirts, hoodies and hats that have no commemorative terms on them freely and I wash them whenever I need to.

So those old ones really are my prized possessions out of my Zag gear. Maybe I am too sentimental?

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else felt the same way and takes EXTRA special care of their older T-Shirts or if maybe you are the type that just wears them as often as possible and doesn't worry about getting holes or washing damage.

jazzdelmar
09-03-2012, 10:03 AM
How do u buy a zags tee with a specific players name on back?

GoGU
09-03-2012, 11:01 PM
How do u buy a zags tee with a specific players name on back?

You probably can't buy one officially. The Zags don't print last names on the game jerseys, so they probably don't sell them either. Your best bet would be to buy a t-shirt/jersey and add the name yourself.

bullzag23
09-04-2012, 08:02 AM
You probably can't buy one officially. The Zags don't print last names on the game jerseys, so they probably don't sell them either. Your best bet would be to buy a t-shirt/jersey and add the name yourself.

Gonzaga (or the NCAA) can't sell jerseys with players' names on the back due to legal constraints. If they did so then they would essentially be obligated to pay the players a portion of the proceeds or face lawsuits for not doing so.

RenoZag
09-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I have a lot of Zags / GU gear in the arsenal; I wear mine a lot and several have paint stains, tears, holes, etc.

Hoodies and Polo's get a little better treatment, I guess.

During the season, I tend to wear a GU / Zags logo item to work on game days.

Angelo Roncalli
09-04-2012, 10:10 AM
One option for t-shirts (this quilt belongs to Fr. Spitzer):

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4h_PRRiDetM/UEZEgp1ItiI/AAAAAAAAAy8/-1bQzZpW5hQ/s640/383225_10151183755511273_1307923310_n.jpg?gl=US

Oregonzagnut
09-04-2012, 05:06 PM
One option for t-shirts (this quilt belongs to Fr. Spitzer):

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4h_PRRiDetM/UEZEgp1ItiI/AAAAAAAAAy8/-1bQzZpW5hQ/s640/383225_10151183755511273_1307923310_n.jpg?gl=US

This is the coolest Quilt I have ever seen!! There are a few squares I have never seen before. Very cool.

I want one! :drool:

Bogozags
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
This is the coolest Quilt I have ever seen!! There are a few squares I have never seen before. Very cool.

I want one! :drool:

+1

Bogozags
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I have a lot of Zags / GU gear in the arsenal; I wear mine a lot and several have paint stains, tears, holes, etc.

Hoodies and Polo's get a little better treatment, I guess.

During the season, I tend to wear a GU / Zags logo item to work on game days.

I am proud to announce that everyday is now wear Zag's stuff day as I was allowed to retire last Friday...under one condition - I had to find my wife another part time job to keep me in my accustomed life style!

ID ZAGFAN
09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Me, too!

I have a great assortment of short-sleeved t's, long sleeve t's, pajama pants, lounge pants, and of course red hoodies. When my t's become faded or stained, they become pajama tops. When the hoodies get a little worn, they become the ones I wear in the woods or when camping.

I wear Zag gear everywhere, except when I am out picking huckleberries (wouldn't want them to turn purple) and the 3 or 4 times a year I need to dress up.

Always ready to Zag Up!

ZaGranny

Zagquette
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
My kennel club shirts from my days at gu 01-03 are strictly gameday shirts and have never been in the dryer.

75Zag
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Funny. Our daughter "Little '75" was a rabid GU BB fan for her 4 years at GU and still keeps her KC shirts like they are sacred temple garments. After she left GU she went to med school and now she works at a fancy Ivy League big name place and to the best of my knowledge she has not spent ten cents on any college or university logo items after she graduated from GU.

Undergrad is the best for making life long relationships and making life long loyalties.

Go Bulldogs!

zagamatic
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I literally burned my black Zags shirt, too many bad memories involving those black uni's.