PDA

View Full Version : Reid Travis from SSF

hooter73
08-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Great write up and video.
http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2012/8/16/3246793/gonzaga-recruiting-reid-travis-minnesota#storyjump

Obvious Elias Harris comparisons. Would be a hard get for us but I sure like him.

MDABE80
08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Now THAT'S a good looking player! Kid's far more mobile than most bigs/ tweener's we've seen. Some very good schools looking at him. If Harvard's in the mix, he must be a good student as well. Go hard staff!

U Zig, I Zag
08-16-2012, 11:13 AM
2014, huh? Lots of time to blow up and leave poor GU in the rearview. :/
If we can get him, lock'em up! Looks like a heckuva talent. His outside form is almost exactly like E's. He doesn't look incredible explosive in quickness terms, but he gets up there and has a nice touch.

ZAGGED OUT
08-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Also mentioned in the article was his teammate and PG Grahm Woodard (sp?), a good looking 6' PG of the 2013 class I believe

CanadianZagFan
08-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Not a bad looking prospet. He does not seem to be very explosive, but his movements are pretty fluid. While it is great to have an improved handle and shooting range, I would have loved to see at least one left handed lay-up, jump hook, or bunny around the hoop.

That being said, he looks like he would be a solid addition to the squad, with lots of room for growth.

bostoncollegezagfan
08-16-2012, 01:24 PM
I just read on the Boston College boards that we have offered him in both Basketball and Football. Apparently, he has many scattered basketball offers but Boston College is his only football offer. Interesting.

Here is a link:

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/157640

cjm720
08-17-2012, 08:22 AM
WOW, this kid is unbelievable.

thebigsmoove
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Im thinking more Brock Osweiler than Elias Harris, since you know hes a two sport kid who still has no idea which sport he wants to play in College...

excerpt from a recent interview:

TSAN: Do you have hopes to play both sports at the next level or do you plan to pick one?

RT: "I plan too just pick one when it comes to make a decision but it would be nice to play both so I won’t totally say it’s not an option."

BroncoZAG615
08-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Im thinking more Brock Osweiler than Elias Harris, since you know hes a two sport kid who still has no idea which sport he wants to play in College...

excerpt from a recent interview:

TSAN: Do you have hopes to play both sports at the next level or do you plan to pick one?

RT: "I plan too just pick one when it comes to make a decision but it would be nice to play both so I wonít totally say itís not an option."

The Elias comparison was based on how similar their strengths seem to be on the basketball court, not whether or not they can play two sports. It was actually eerie hearing how Minnesota Pump N' Run's executive director described Reid's progression because it was so similar to Harris. Basically it was that his interior game was very solid from an early age, mostly because he was flat out bigger and more athletic and now he is refining his game to become a better ball handler, free throw shooter, and all around teammate..

Elias made a huge transformation last season, particularly down the stretch when he just became a threat in so many different capacities. It is great to see Reid Travis doing the same thing at such a young age. Really think he is going to be a special player wherever he winds up.

MDABE80
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
He's one of those special kids I'd love to see on this team. he's not your usual 2-3 star kid. We should go at this recruit as hard as possible. Sam.......call him!

hooter73
08-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I think we should really want him and it would be great but its also a setup for a carbon copy of an Osweiler/Spangler situation.

Vanzagger
08-17-2012, 02:00 PM
let him know how many years in a row we have gone undefeated in football.

thebigsmoove
08-17-2012, 02:55 PM
The Elias comparison was based on how similar their strengths seem to be on the basketball court, not whether or not they can play two sports. It was actually eerie hearing how Minnesota Pump N' Run's executive director described Reid's progression because it was so similar to Harris. Basically it was that his interior game was very solid from an early age, mostly because he was flat out bigger and more athletic and now he is refining his game to become a better ball handler, free throw shooter, and all around teammate..

Elias made a huge transformation last season, particularly down the stretch when he just became a threat in so many different capacities. It is great to see Reid Travis doing the same thing at such a young age. Really think he is going to be a special player wherever he winds up.

Fair enough Zach, no biggie...Just stating that im a bit skeptical about whether we can lock him up, its hard with those 2 sport kids to really pin em down to a basketball only school. plus we have practically the whole Big Ten in his ear...if we can lock him up, kudos

cggonzaga
08-18-2012, 01:56 AM
I get the Elias comparison but that guy looks like Rob Jones Jr to me.

DixieZag
08-18-2012, 07:02 AM
He's one of those special kids I'd love to see on this team. he's not your usual 2-3 star kid. We should go at this recruit as hard as possible. Sam.......call him!

Yes, Sam definitely needs to get on the horn, tell him all about how great the BB experience is here and assure him that he will be a football star, just leave out that football will be flag intramurals.