BobZag
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////

On the same trip back east, the Zags will play St. Joe's in Philly. I'm not sure which game comes first (I'm thinking UConn) but just one trip to the eastern seaboard this coming season, not three. :D

Also, the schedule is completed except for the details of one game with a Big-12 opponent, and it isn't Okie State. We won't be playing Okie State this season. My guess is Texas A&M or Baylor or Mizzou, but that's just my guess. It'll be neutral-neutral, with the first game played there and the return game in the Spokane Arena as the Ronald McDonald House Charities Classic.

El Voce
07-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Only one trip East is great news! I firmly believe that last year's travel schedule seriously hindered the team's development.

ZagMania
07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
How come we do so many neutral-neutral series?

Nevtelen
07-24-2007, 07:18 PM
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that mostly that's how you get a lot of good programs to play you (how many home-and-homes do the UNCs and UConns of the country do versus how many of them go to preseason tourneys and name-recognition neutral court games like the Hall of Fame challenge?)

Spike94
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I have a free airline ticket and I am thinking of flying back to Boston on it to see the Zags play. When should we look for tickets to come out for us to buy? Is it at the Boston Garden or whatever they call it? Anyone else from Sacramento looking to go?

RenoZag
07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Here's a link that might help re: UConn. . .

HALL OF FAME CHALLENGE (http://www.hoophall.com/genrel/071007aaa.html)

For the Huskies, the game will serve as the first of a neutral-neutral series with Gonzaga. In December 2008, UConn will play the Bulldogs in their "Battle in Seattle" at Key Arena.

CDC84
07-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Is the 4 year series with Oklahoma State dead, or are they just delaying it a year?

Delaying it would allow Rotnei Clarke to play in his home state during the 2008/09 season :)

BobZag
07-25-2007, 09:00 AM
A series with Okie State is very do-able in the near future, they are receptive, but it just didn't work out for this season. In that regard, it's not dead.