Here's the schedule for the whole WCC announced like 30 mins ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarryBlue4BYU
    Bulldog Fan
    • Jan 2012

Here's the schedule for the whole WCC announced like 30 mins ago.

We have a bye before the Zags come into Provo in 2013 on the 28th of February (Thursday).

Hope everyone's had a good and safe summer thus far, and that Washington wasn't ravaged by wildfires like Utah and Colorado were this year.

Basketball will be upon us before you know it.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go rub aloe I got from my sunburn from sitting in the stands during the open Fall football scrimmage.

Here's wishing the Cougars, Zags and the rest of the WCC a stellar out of conference performance this year.
    GO BYU!

BB.
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

First 2 zags games are AWAY, and then come home to play St. Mary's?

It's a CONSPIRACY!

Thanks for posting Barry.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
      First 2 zags games are AWAY, and then come home to play St. Mary's?

It's a CONSPIRACY!

Thanks for posting Barry.

Yeah, a conspiracy to give us 5 of our last 8 games in the Kennel. I'll take it!

ZaGranny

Comment

• zaglife
        Redshirt
        • Jul 2012

Not too happy about the St Mary game... kids wont be back until the 13th and classes start back up on the 15th. As big as our boys will be playing all year, its still going to be very tough not to have our nationally recognized student section in full attendance.

just saying
        Eat Sleep Work GU

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

1. Both road games vs BYU & SMC are on Thursdays, so no quick turnaround. That's a good thing.

2. Wouldn't you think that after a month off, the students would roll in a few days early for a (probable) nationally televised game?

2A. If not, since there is no RMC game, would the Zags consider a move to the Arena? Would the WCC allow this? Not the Kennel, but 11K+ can/have certainly rocked the Arena (dependent on the hockey schedule for the building).
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Larryzag
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

Zags likely to be 10-0 heading into the St Marys away game.

Comment

• zaglife
              Redshirt
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
              1. Both road games vs BYU & SMC are on Thursdays, so no quick turnaround. That's a good thing.

2. Wouldn't you think that after a month off, the students would roll in a few days early for a (probable) nationally televised game?

2A. If not, since there is no RMC game, would the Zags consider a move to the Arena? Would the WCC allow this? Not the Kennel, but 11K+ can/have certainly rocked the Arena (dependent on the hockey schedule for the building).
              Would love to see the Kennel Klub make a serious push to get as many students to the game as possible!! Love the idea of having the game moved to the arena...would really show the nation how supportive the community is of this top tier program. Not going to hold my breath but my fingers and toes are crossed.
              Eat Sleep Work GU

Comment

• bullzag23
                Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
                • Apr 2008

Here's the problem. The dorms actually get the locks changed while students are out for Summer/Winter breaks. They cannot stay without certain exceptions, and the dorms(C/M, Madonna, Cushing/Dooley, etc) won't be opened to students until 1/13. I can pretty much guarantee that most of those students living off campus or in the upperclassmen dorms(these don't get locked) like Dussault, Kennedy, and Corkery will do their best to be there however.
                A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
                Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
                Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Thanks for that info, 23. Would you think that if there's a big game to get back to that those other dorms could be ready for occupation a few days earlier?
                  But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• 77Zag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by zaglife View Post
                    Not too happy about the St Mary game... kids wont be back until the 13th and classes start back up on the 15th. As big as our boys will be playing all year, its still going to be very tough not to have our nationally recognized student section in full attendance.

just saying
                    +1
                    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• bullzag23
                      Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
                      • Apr 2008

Thanks for that info, 23. Would you think that if there's a big game to get back to that those other dorms could be ready for occupation a few days earlier?
                      I would hope so. Seems silly not to allow them back a few days early for what is one of the two biggest home games of the season. Of course it also seems silly that the WCC would schedule this game at GU before students were there. It benefits everyone(except the SMC team) to have our students out in full force, especially considering this game will likely be nationally televised.
                      A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
                      Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
                      Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• zaglife
                        Redshirt
                        • Jul 2012

The intensity of the BYU and St Mary's games last year was electrifying!!! Granted the students were in full force for both those games, but the rest of the Kennel matched the student section when it came down to it. Not sure which game was louder, or if the students were louder than the rest of us. That same intensity and support will be there this year (if not more!!!) Loved those games and when the Club broke out in their "ON YOUR FEET!!!" chant, it was only said like twice because everyone and I mean everyone had already been standing because the seats were rattling to much to sit!
                        Eat Sleep Work GU

Comment

Working...
                        X