PDA

View Full Version : Delly poster for your bedroom

FuManShoes
08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/g-cvr-120808-kobeOly-635p.grid-6x2.jpg

Just_An_Old_Zag
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
first of all props for playin in the olympics...gotta admit that..but gotta luv his stat line

26 minutes 4 turnovers 4 personal fouls 3 points...ill ignore his 7 defensive rebounds as just being in the right place at the right time...

cjm720
08-08-2012, 06:51 PM
I love Delly's game.

DADoZAG
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I love Delly's game.

:agreed:

If only his game wasn't so "ugly".

Okay, of course it's not ugly, but it's "ugly".

The stoop, the caveman heal first running style, the hair, the mouthguard, the way he drops his head when he shoots....

It's just all "ugly".

But I love Delly's game, too.

Go ZAGS!

75Zag
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
This is a timely post. I have been looking for a new poster for my bedroom. I had the Angelina Jolie poster for so many years, then the PenÚlope Cruz poster, and more recently the Scarlett Johansson poster.

I am willing to replace all of the above with a Delly poster, but before I do, are you sure this is ok with the bigshots at GU and the Archdiocese of Spokane? I was under the impression they don't want people playing for the other team (so to speak)?

Go Bulldogs!

Lurknomore
08-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Kobe has that startled look because he just saw Delly's giant mouthpiece.

sittingon50
08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Delly will be a monster in the WCC this season.

75Zag
08-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Delly will be a monster in the WCC this season.

Yes, but the original post was about putting a Delly poster in your bedroom. I missed your "take" on that.

Go Bulldogs!

sittingon50
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
It seems like kind of a dig to me, '75. You could put Pangos in front of Kobe & get the same thing.

sircreate
08-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Considering Delly drew a charge from Kobe on that play I don't really see it as a bad poster as a Gael fan.

His stat line might not look that great but the turnovers and a couple missed shots happened halfway through the last quarter when the Aussies got steam rolled.. seriously is dropping a turnover or two when your getting double teamed by Russell Westbrook and Harden really that hard to explain lol. If anything Delly has done himself nothing but good these Games and hasnt hurt his chances of getting drafted after the coming season at all.

PS:Kobe is trying to get another Aussie in the same position right now.. by banging Stephanie Rice lol, he's even rocking an O face in the picture :P

Ekrub
08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
I'd rather see someone from the WCC take it to Kobe.

zag944
08-09-2012, 09:19 AM
I'd rather see someone from the WCC take it to Kobe.

In the NBA yes.

Not in the Olympics. Then they are messing with America.

ZAGGED OUT
08-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I can't believe any posters on our boards hold Delly so high in praise. He's from SMC.....the biggest rival we have.....I understand respect for a player but cmon. We need to get that blood boiling a little bit. Take a gander at godisagael and look at the "Hot Stove League" thread and look at how they talk about the Zags, and our guards in particular.

sittingon50
08-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I think I read somewhere that he was a human being.......

zag944
08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I can't believe any posters on our boards hold Delly so high in praise. He's from SMC.....the biggest rival we have.....I understand respect for a player but cmon. We need to get that blood boiling a little bit. Take a gander at godisagael and look at the "Hot Stove League" thread and look at how they talk about the Zags, and our guards in particular.

Anyone is better than those big bad millionaries taking time out of their offseason for the honor of representing the USA.

ZAGGED OUT
08-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm not talking about the olympics/this game in particular, just overall how much love is given to Delly when we get nothing but disrespect from them

bullzag23
08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm not talking about the olympics/this game in particular, just overall how much love is given to Delly when we get nothing but disrespect from them

We're Zags. They're Gaels. 'Nuff said.

Zagalicious
08-09-2012, 10:18 AM
He's showing Kobe his ugly armpit hair too.

Fonebone
08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Its good that a WCC player is playing on that level. Its good for the public's perception of the league.

I suspect that his olympic experience will make him a better, tougher player, and he is already a very good, extreemly tough player. Even if he just got beat down on every play, guarding Kobe will probably make guarding Keven seem easier. Its got to help him.

I just don't see it the way that some of you seem to. When we play SMC I want to beat them by 50 points and hold Delly to zero. Othewise I have nothing but respect for him as a player, and SMC. Its a very good program. He does not come accross like Omar, who was an imature jerk in my opinion, and in the opinion of a nephew who went to SMC, knew him well, hung with him some, and was a huge SMC fan who hated the Zags. Delly comes across as a good guy. He's the kind of player/person that we would love to have as a Zag.

No offense, but "hating" somebody, even in "fun", just because they play for a rival seems childish. I know it is all in good fun, but thats the way it seems to me. Just because some people on the SMC board trash the Zag doesn't mean that we have to respond in like manner.

Thats just my pespective - obvously. No offense intended.

JPtheBeasta
08-09-2012, 11:14 AM
As a Zags fan, I can handle the praise heaped onto Delly much easier than the praise that SMC gets on the regular around here: It's good for the WCC, strengthens our RPI, makes us look better, blah, blah, blah... What started as a general need to validate our own existence in the college basketball heirarchy has turned into downright adulation for some, and it is weird to me, frankly. To me it's like being a fan of the Lakers AND the Celtics, or Yankees AND the Red Sox. Granted, it may be a shortcoming of mine, but it's something I can't grasp intellectually or emotionally.

ZAGGED OUT
08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Its good that a WCC player is playing on that level. Its good for the public's perception of the league.

I suspect that his olympic experience will make him a better, tougher player, and he is already a very good, extreemly tough player. Even if he just got beat down on every play, guarding Kobe will probably make guarding Keven seem easier. Its got to help him.

I just don't see it the way that some of you seem to. When we play SMC I want to beat them by 50 points and hold Delly to zero. Othewise I have nothing but respect for him as a player, and SMC. Its a very good program. He does not come accross like Omar, who was an imature jerk in my opinion, and in the opinion of a nephew who went to SMC, knew him well, hung with him some, and was a huge SMC fan who hated the Zags. Delly comes across as a good guy. He's the kind of player/person that we would love to have as a Zag.

No offense, but "hating" somebody, even in "fun", just because they play for a rival seems childish. I know it is all in good fun, but thats the way it seems to me. Just because some people on the SMC board trash the Zag doesn't mean that we have to respond in like manner.

Thats just my pespective - obvously. No offense intended.

None taken. It's purely a sports hate. I do respect him as a player, but that mouth guard, weird shot, and the push offs put him pretty high on my villian list. I 100% agree with JP it's similar to liking the Lakers AND Celtics. I also agree its good for the perception of the league but Delly will need to show up in OOC to solidify that, however, that is another topic for another thread. I guess I'm just a fan of a heated rivalry over a friendly rivalry.

Fonebone
08-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I agree with both of you - JP and Zagged - to a point. From my side, I probably take it too seriously. Its not that I like SMC really, I just respect them as a rival, and objectively in terms of what they have done the last few years. I just like competition where there is respect - kind of like watching Magic Johnson playing vs Bird - ultra competative, tough, but with a lot of respect. That just feels better to me personally than the "I hate those guys" type of deal. But, each to his own.

Mantua
08-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I thought it was fun to watch Delly in the Olympics. I remember that moment. It was quite comical to me. Delly is an entertaining opponent, whereas Omar was just a drag. Some players, coaches (SF), and fans (BYU) just get under my skin. I think that's just normal for a rabid Zag fan.

ZagFanInNC
08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
If Delly were a Zag we would all love the crap out of him. We would be raving about how another one of our players is in the Olympics and making excuses for why he struggled against the US.

The kid is awesome, just admit it

kreese555
08-09-2012, 10:42 PM
If Delly were a Zag we would all love the crap out of him. We would be raving about how another one of our players is in the Olympics and making excuses for why he struggled against the US.

Make me!

Blitzing-Zag
08-10-2012, 11:15 AM
http://newzealand2009.fiba.com/images/web/Events/09/u19/daybyday/8thFinalRound/070709/AUS_ARG/AUS/_483x332/AUS_DELLAVEDOVA_Matthew_001.jpg

This shot cracked me up.

TheGonzagaFactor
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I love Delly's game.

Ohhh the damage Pangos would do against the schedule Delly plays... PPG would be ridiculous only having to play 3 to 5 relevant opponents yearly.

TheGonzagaFactor
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM

How many BCS teams did he defeat last year? ZERO?

2wiceright
08-10-2012, 05:40 PM

I'm with you Factor...Delly's good but he's no Ammo or Jimmer and doesn't walk on water! On the other hand St. Mary's will only go as far as Deladova and Waldow can take them. I'm predicting right here we take 2 of 3 from them, and quite likely all three. They won't recover from the loss of Rob Jones and Clint...

sircreate
08-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Same #### different year, Gaels wont recover from losing Patty, wont recover from losing Omar, wont recover from losing Rob/Clint.

Gaels will be fine next season, I actually think when we lose Delly things might be different tho and thats got me a little worried

ZagFanInNC
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM

It's not like he had a lot of opportunities. Not only that but the cast of characters supporting him wasn't that good.

I'm not a Saint Mary's or Delly apologist I just call it how I see it. If he were on our team we would all like him. . . fact

2wiceright
08-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Same #### different year, Gaels wont recover from losing Patty, wont recover from losing Omar, wont recover from losing Rob/Clint.

Gaels will be fine next season, I actually think when we lose Delly things might be different tho and thats got me a little worried

First, Delly is fair game for criticism becaues of the 5XXL mouthpiece he wears and a power forward jersey he swims in- anything that unnecessarily calls out, "hey, look at me".....But all in good fun as he's obviously a talented college star and probably a nice guy. But he also has that cheap shot push-off with his elbow that needs to be called by refs... Of course, no matter how odd someone on any team looks is no concern to fans. If he's good, he's our guy. So of course any team would love for him to play for them (I can't believe i just said that).

Reg. the Gaels this year .....Sircreate
Difference is this year you're losing one of your two 'big stars', along with another starter. Team chemisty will change and you won't compare to last year. Kind of like the year we lost Bouldin. He was more important to the team than anyone could have guessed. The whole team chemistry was off. Just MHO and we'll have to wait and see. At least on our board we aren't taking cheap shots at you like your board is at the Zags (especially that Alameda guy!). That and our tourney runs will always separate us (just threw that one out there so you can start a new thread, ... I kid).:D

CarolinaZagFan
08-11-2012, 12:00 PM

I can honestly say I wouldn't love him if he was a Zag. He has passed Tyler Hansbrough as my least favorite college basketball player of all time. I wish Coach K would've left Russell Westbrook on him to hound him the whole game and see if he could frustrate him enough to make him cry.

Zags11
08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
idk why the hoopla over delly??? The guy plays well vs wcc and obviously our zags. I think that is why people are in awe of him. He is ghostly come NCAA Tourny time. He has Stepp-esqe numbers which pains me a great deal. I looked up Delly's # in Tourny time and its below average. He is agood regular season guard and a horrid ncaa tourny guard. He chokes in big time games. If it changes this yr, I will give him credit.

JPtheBeasta
08-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I actually liked Mickey's game better, and didn't expect him to do as well running the point as he did. Delly is kind of plodding, has a low release, and has that well documented forearm shiver. The physicality wouldn't bother me so much if he also wasn't so theatrical when drawing fouls (a la Manu Ginobli), and it is easy to villianize him as a result. He does shoot for good average and runs the pick and roll very well. I still respect him because he is the best player on the team that unseated us last year, and he makes his team mates better (eg he made Waldow look all-WCC at times last year). To each his own, I guess.