08-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Min FGM-FGA FTM-FTA 3PM-3PA OR Reb A PF Pts
Brazil 28 2-7 2-2 0-2 0 3 3 4 6
Spain 28 3-10 2-2 1-4 0 1 5 0 9
China 29 3-5 0-0 1-1 0 3 5 4 7
GBR 27 3-6 0-0 3-5 0 3 3 2 9
Russia 33 2-6 4-4 2-5 3 6 7 2 10
USA ? 1-5 0-0 1-4 0 7 4 3 3

Above are Delle's statistics for the Olympics. I think Dellevedova is a great WCC player, a very good college player, but is he NBA bound?
Which of the 3 mentioned in the title is or was best suited for the NBA? In my opinion they have similar games, not exact, just similar.
As I was watching the game today the announcers made a statement of how disruptive Westbrook and Paul could be on an opposing PG. Opponents were often forced to turn their back to protect the ball, losing court vision. Thats what Dellevedova was forced to do.
If Stepp had had better knees, would he have made the cut? They all three had great college careers, but which one translates to the next level?

Vanzagger
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
If had to pick one guy out of this group I would least want running my team

Isaiah Thomas
Steven Gray
Stepp
Delle
Bouldin

his initials would start with I and end with T

MickMick
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Thomas isn't bad now with some decent pro coaching, but his freshman year at UW was entertaining to say the least.

You want to talk about a guy that left his feet with no preconceived idea of what he was going to do once he got there? Thomas was the poster child for that. That came, of course, after he dribbled into a forest. I guess there was nothing left for him to do.

He came a long way after that though.

Martin Centre Mad Man
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Considering that neither Bouldin, nor Stepp caught on with the NBA, I'd say the Dellevedova has the best chance to make the NBA or any of them.

The biggest knock on Bouldin and Stepp when they were being evaluated for the NBA was that they weren't quick enough to defend NBA shooting guards and weren't quick enough to create their own shot against the length and quickness of NBA players.

Dellevedova is quicker and uses his body control very well to create space against taller defenders. For that reason, he may have a better shot than our guys did.

bartruff1
08-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Considering that neither Bouldin, nor Stepp caught on with the NBA, I'd say the Dellevedova has the best chance to make the NBA or any of them.

The biggest knock on Bouldin and Stepp when they were being evaluated for the NBA was that they weren't quick enough to defend NBA shooting guards and weren't quick enough to create their own shot against the length and quickness of NBA players.

Dellevedova is quicker and uses his body control very well to create space against taller defenders. For that reason, he may have a better shot than our guys did.

They were/are very good college players...but the NBA is reach to far. I doubt Delly will make it.

LongIslandZagFan
08-09-2012, 06:46 AM
I like Delly's game... Well it is sort of a love hate thing... But I digress... He has a perfect college game... I'm not 100% convinced it translates to the next level. I could be wrong. I thought Mills was a much better player and he was a late second round pick and initially saw limited time with the Blazers. Delly IMHO is Mills-lite. Rightly or wrongly he is unlikely to get drafted.

CDC84
08-09-2012, 08:28 AM
I still say that a fully healthy Blake Stepp would probably be playing in the NBA today as a backup reserve. I don't think the average fan realizes how hurt he was throughout his playing career and how much that hurt his overall athleticism and quickness. There were long periods of time during his GU days when he couldn't even practice due to the pain he was in. We will never know just how good he could have become. Same thing with Erroll Knight. We only got to see a fraction of how good Erroll could've become if he had not been sidelined by injuries. His injuries forced him into being a "energy" guy. He was never able to develop his offensive skills or anything. I hate it when this kind of thing happens to players because it's not their fault.

zag944
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Not the same position obviously, but I think Dellevadova's strongest assets are sort of similar to those of Morrison. He is absolutely wonderful at creating shots for himself and making them; a truly gifted scorer when he is the guy allowed to do the work for it.

At the NBA level, I dont suspect that he will be given the chance to do what makes him such a special college player. He can shoot like crazy too, but one has to be very very good to carve out a niche in the NBA doing basically just that.

LongIslandZagFan
08-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Not the same position obviously, but I think Dellevadova's strongest assets are sort of similar to those of Morrison. He is absolutely wonderful at creating shots for himself and making them; a truly gifted scorer when he is the guy allowed to do the work for it.

At the NBA level, I dont suspect that he will be given the chance to do what makes him such a special college player. He can shoot like crazy too, but one has to be very very good to carve out a niche in the NBA doing basically just that.

I can see that comparison. I still think Morrison was a couple levels better. With the defense he'd face at the next level, Delly would have a tough time. Right now he isn't projected to be drafted... E is projected late second round.

zag944
08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
yep. To clarify I think Morrison is quite a bit better too.

Both players just seem to score like star players...something Adam was never given and something Delly probably wouldnt be given the green light to do.

bartruff1
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I doubt if Adam will make it. Yes I am aware of his summer league performance.

BoZarth
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Dellavedova is a really good college player.

He is not NBA caliber.

If you watched him against our USA squad it was apparent.

But hey, the NBA is a whole other level.

Go Zags !!!!

BULLDOG#1
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Delly is a hell of a player. He's one of the best the WCC has seen in a while.
No NBA tho... If Bouldin couldn't make it in the NBA, I can't see Delly making it. Too slow to keep up with the speedsters and not strong and big enough to battle more athletic guards...

Being objective as I can as a zag fan: Bouldin > Delly.

No knock on Delly though. Tough as they come.