PDA

View Full Version : Former Pilots duking it out

BobZag
08-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Christine Sinclair of Canada and Megan Rapinoe going toe to toe in Olympic Women's Soccer Semis. Wow. Sinclair 3 - 2 - Rapinoe. Both ex-UP Pilots. What a game. NBC Sports.

BobZag
08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow. Canada 3-3 USA. Sinclair is demoralizing Hope Solo and making defenders look hapless.

Extra Time. 30 more minutes.

BobZag
08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
One of the most exciting sporting events I've ever seen.

CaliforniaZaggin'
08-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Amy LePelbeit is a Spokane native, right?

Radbooks
08-06-2012, 02:07 PM
That was a great, great game to watch!

BobZag
08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Amy LePelbeit is a Spokane native, right?

Yes, she is.

PilotNut
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
What a great game! I look forward to watching a replay at home that isnt highly pixelated like an Atari 2600 game... (Thanks NBC!)

Sophie Schmidt on the Canadian team is a former Pilot great, as well. Now, for some revenge against Japan!

kitzbuel
08-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Christine Sinclair of Canada and Megan Rapinoe going toe to toe in Olympic Women's Soccer Semis. Wow. Sinclair 3 - 2 - Rapinoe. Both ex-UP Pilots. What a game. NBC Sports.

The announcer said they were from the University of Santa Clara :confused:

asoc
08-06-2012, 08:06 PM
The announcer said they were from the University of Santa Clara :confused:

No, Chastain(the analyst) went to Santa Clara and talked about the reputation UP had/has.

BTW, ref was horrible throughout the game. And royally screwed Canada over with that indirect free kick for the Goalie holding it too long. The hand ball call was correct but that whole play shouldn't have happened. Perhaps if there was a competent ref Canada wouldn't have been winning at that point. So who knows. But wow...

TheBeast
08-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Caught hell at work for coming back from lunch so late, but totally, totally worth it. I have already blocked off an extra long lunch for Thursday as well. I have to watch the replay before I make conclusions about specific calls, but I feel comfortable agreeing that the ref was... not good.
Per the Twitters (http://twitter.com/cascadiafooty/status/232727636789571584) - "...it was an all Cascadia affair. 5 goals from UP Alums, a goal from future PDX resident (AW), and the winner from SEA's Morgan."

PilotNut
08-09-2012, 03:44 PM
3 medals for former Pilots today in WSOC: Gold for Megan Rapinoe, and Bronze for Christine Sinclair and Sophie Schmidt.

Congrats!

kitzbuel
08-09-2012, 04:30 PM
No, Chastain(the analyst) went to Santa Clara and talked about the reputation UP had/has.

BTW, ref was horrible throughout the game. And royally screwed Canada over with that indirect free kick for the Goalie holding it too long. The hand ball call was correct but that whole play shouldn't have happened. Perhaps if there was a competent ref Canada wouldn't have been winning at that point. So who knows. But wow...

It was the other commentator who commented that the University of Santa Clara was well represented.