PDA

View Full Version : Gottlieb says goodbye to ESPN

BobZag
07-31-2012, 09:24 AM
And hello to CBS.

sittingon50
07-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Good for him, I suppose but we won't see him as much. I like his edginess (sp?).

ldszagfan
07-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow... CBS has the best basketball writers now with both him and Goodman. I'll probably wonder over there more often to read what they write.

RenoZag
07-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Jeff Goodman on the new hire:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19694825/cbs-hires-doug-gottlieb-from-espn

Radio, TV, Internet. . .pretty much the same deal as ESPN though the article says he'll get to host his own TV show. . .

NotoriousZ
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
The NCAA tournament coverage just got better. Gottlieb knows b-ball, a refreshing change for CBS.

Two or three years ago, after the field of 65 was announced on selection Sunday, their "experts" were very dissapointed by the omission of some of the big six conference schools in favor of the mid majors. They went on and on about it, and I believe the little guys ended up doing quite well that year.

jazzdelmar
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
gottlieb is smart, informed, salty, candid...the best analyst these days. such a refreshing change from bootlickers like andy katz, esp when it comes to zags. gottlieb has always been fair if sometimes critical of the zags. sounds like a fan, actually. hope this means the end of one of the 3 stooges on the cbs telecasts -- seth, gumbles or the other guy.

GoZags
08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
gottlieb is smart, informed, salty, candid...the best analyst these days. such a refreshing change from bootlickers like andy katz, esp when it comes to zags. gottlieb has always been fair if sometimes critical of the zags. sounds like a fan, actually. hope this means the end of one of the 3 stooges on the cbs telecasts -- seth, gumbles or the other guy.

The Jazzster -- back from sabbatical. Good to hear from you -- and btw -- agree with your take on Gottlieb.

jazzdelmar
08-02-2012, 07:54 AM
thanks my friend. good to be back. its been a glorious, grandkid filled summer....cept for my aching back, all is well.....looking forward to a spectacular season....and sabbaticals are for overpaid tenured profs, not hard working admins. :)

The Jazzster -- back from sabbatical. Good to hear from you -- and btw -- agree with your take on Gottlieb.