PDA

View Full Version : Bonds' Babe To Bare All in Hef's Mag

RenoZag
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Barry Bonds' former mistress, at the center of the government's perjury investigation of the slugger, said Monday she will discuss the couple's relationship in the November issue of Playboy magazine.

The Playboy article, accompanied by a nude pictorial of Kimberly Bell, is scheduled to hit newsstands Oct. 1. The 37-year-old Bell said the article will cover details of her relationship with Bonds that she told a grand jury investigating the perjury allegations in 2005.

Aw, poor Barry. . .

:lmao:

STORY LINK (http://www.ktvu.com/balco/13741614/detail.html)

lothar98zag
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Pretty one-sided poll, isn't it?

a13coach
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM

Maybe Reno has a future as a poll writer for the Dems or Repubs?

RenoZag
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM

One-sided poll, two-faced ballplayer. . .

former1dog
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
If Bonds hit one more, to be one short of the record and then went into a slump and subsequent retirement where he never got that final dinger......

Well, that would be sweet and poetic.

lothar98zag
07-24-2007, 01:04 PM
None of this even matters cuz pay-rod is going to end up w/ over 800 homers anyway.

I really wish Grif jr hadn't been injured so much...

RenoZag
07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
None of this even matters cuz pay-rod is going to end up w/ over 800 homers anyway.

I really wish Grif jr hadn't been injured so much...

I like to think if Willie Mays hadn't played in the Candlestick Wind Tunnel he wouldn't have had only 660.

You're right about Griffey. . .didn't he miss something like 500+ games due to injuries ?

RenoZag
07-25-2007, 07:13 AM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/crmlu/2007/crmlu070724.gif

mendiant
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
My thoughts for what it's worth...

BB never been tested POSITIVE for performance enhancing drugs...

media hates him because he makes NO BONES about his disdain for the media.

Regardless of whether he has or hasn't, he will be the poster boy when publicity is concerned.

The media are all to willing to make someone they don't like their be-atch.

REGARDLESS, of doping (though I DO NOT THINK IT IS RIGHT) there are few people (enhance or not) who could manage such an accomplishment.

I do NOT think Barry needed drugs to do this, if he relied on drugs, he hurt himself.

Thus far there is NO FORENSIC PROOF to support that he has relied on these drugs.

It ain't like he gambled on whether his own team would win...now there's a dawg.

23dpg
07-26-2007, 05:59 AM
Mendiant,

I respect your opinon and you as a poster, but I disagree strongly with what you wrote.

BB never been tested POSITIVE for performance enhancing drugs...

He's never tested positive? They've only started testing 2 years ago and HGH doesn't have a test that would detect it. Plus he admitted taking steroids, but said he didn't know the Cream and Clear were roids.........ugh.

media hates him because he makes NO BONES about his disdain for the media.

As do most of his teammates. Remember his 500th homer. No one met him at home plate. He has distanced himself from everyone.

Regardless of whether he has or hasn't, he will be the poster boy when publicity is concerned.

The evidence is overwhelming. That's why he is the poster boy.

The media are all to willing to make someone they don't like their be-atch.

I think the media was very slow to investigate this. In the late 90s, homers were flying out of the park, and guys were getting huge. Very little questioning was going on.

REGARDLESS, of doping (though I DO NOT THINK IT IS RIGHT) there are few people (enhance or not) who could manage such an accomplishment

Before Barry started using roids, he was an All-Star player headed for the the Hall of Fame. But he was not a home run hitter per se.

I do NOT think Barry needed drugs to do this, if he relied on drugs, he hurt himself.

His home run totals and body mass increased greatly around 99. He was on a pace for maybe 500-600 homers.

Thus far there is NO FORENSIC PROOF to support that he has relied on these drugs.

And there never will be. I doubt that a HGH test is ever developed and it is hard to test someone retroactively for steroids. Plus, they don't test in the off season, and they give just one random test during the season. It's not like the Olympics.

It ain't like he gambled on whether his own team would win...now there's a dawg.

No, but cheating is cheating. Mind you, he wasn't the only one. In fact, I believe that most players were/are on something. If you do it correctly, you will get stronger without getting huge.

Here is a link that shows him year by year, with his stats. Look at his head dimensions. The human body does not change like that without help.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1640086_1640085,00.htm