PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few watching Abdul Gaddy

BobZag
07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/661140.html

"Abdul Gaddy, 6-3 JR PG Tacoma (Wash.) Bellarmine Prep. Off of one viewing, he looks like a contender for the top point guard spot in the west for 2009."

Greg Hicks raves about Gaddy, and likes Avery Bradley as well. His write-up on Gaddy is nothing short of glowing. He reviews Casto, too, fwiw.

cggonzaga
07-24-2007, 10:01 AM
This is the guy I want. When it's all said and done I think this guy has a chance to be in the top 20 in his class.

CDC84
07-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Gaddy has always been my 2009 favorite as well. He would be a perfect fit at Gonzaga.

SWZag
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Here is a list I found of the top players in the West for 2009. I'm not aware of it being showed previously, but here it is. I'm also not sure about the credibility, but it's interesting to look at.

From SoCal Hoops (http://www.socalhoops.tierranet.com/newmenswwwboard/messages/13989.html)

Gaddy is rated as one of the top point guards. According to several links I've seen, only UW is listed.

Also on the list is Tyler Haws for shooting guards.

Brock is rated as one of the top three centers!!!

I noticed that one of the top guards (Aalim Moor) is from St. Mary's in Berkeley, where LG went. Did GU look at this guy?

BobZag
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Ditto, ditto and ditto.

After watching him at a GU team camp, he's '09 priority #1 for Few.

cggonzaga
07-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Do we have a legit shot? Would it help if Siva went to UW?

CDC84
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
If Siva goes to UW, and it's looking pretty good that he might, I don't see Romar getting Gaddy as well. It's one or the other. They have Isaiah Thomas coming in 2008/09.

IMO....the main competition for Gaddy's services will likely end up being the factory schools outside the state. That is, unless Siva commits early to Arizona or some other school besides UW.

azzagfan
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Rivals.com Meyers' comments (http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=694313) on Gaddy and Bradley.
Speaking of the Pac-10, assistants from Washington, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon and Oregon State were all watching Abdul Gaddy and Avery Bradley. Mark Few along with two Gonzaga assistants were also in attendance. Both players played well in a blow out win. Gaddy, who is emerging as the better prospect of the two because of his natural point guard skills to go along with his size and shooting ability, scored 17 points on 5-10 shooting. Bradley scored 15 points on 4-7 shooting.

Gaddy is presently favoring Washington and Gonzaga. He also has an offer from Oregon and said that Kansas and Arizona have picked up their recruiting efforts lately.

Bradley has a sole favorite in Washington.

"Washington is a definite favorite," Bradley said. "It's close to home, and I really like the coaching staff."

ZagNative
07-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Deleted. Either I wasn't paying close attention or it's "Jinx! Ya owe me a coke, azzagfan! We were posting the same link and story.

spudzag
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Ah the roller coaster ride called recruiting.

CDC84
07-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Mark Few along with two Gonzaga assistants were also in attendance.

Folks, this doesn't happen that often. When Few and two assistants are watching a game, you know dang well that they're extremely serious about the prospects they're watching.

There is no doubt in my mind that Abdul Gaddy is the #1 priority for this staff for 2009, and that they are going all out to get him. Getting Bradley would be icing on the cake.

cggonzaga
07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Are they a "package" deal CDC? I'd like to see Gaddy and Haws and Morgan myself. What a class that would be!

BobZag
07-25-2007, 10:11 AM
No package deal. They're two very different kids.

spudzag
07-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Are they a "package" deal CDC? I'd like to see Gaddy and Haws and Morgan myself. What a class that would be!

Dito, good call.

BobZag
07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Gaddy and Haws, or Gaddy and Cunningham, or Gaddy and any other quality SG or Wing.

The key is Gaddy.

Morgan or Lane are both good.

spudzag
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Does the level of talent considering and committing seem unreal to anyone else?

Dayne, Sacre, Gray
Poling, Gibbs, Clarke (hoping)
Gaddy, Brock, Morgan, Cunningham

This anyone one getting better overall talent?

BobZag
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Does the level of talent considering and committing seem unreal to anyone else?

Daye, Sacre, Gray
Poling, Gibbs, Clarke (hoping)
Gaddy, Brock, Morgan, Cunningham

This anyone one getting better overall talent?

Doubt we get 2 bigs in 2009. And I still consider Clarke a longshot. But yes, the North Carolinas, UCLAs and Kansases of the world get more burger boy types.

MDABE80
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I think Gaddy is the best fit for us at GU. He does everything well. Gibbs, Gaddy, Gray. 3 G's or the 3 amigos. It's nearly everything we would need. A Collison type would be good for blinding speed but those 3 guys are a nucleus of Guards everyone could like.

BobZag
07-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I think Gaddy is the best fit for us at GU. He does everything well. Gibbs, Gaddy, Gray. 3 G's or the 3 amigos. It's nearly everything we would need. A Collison type would be good for blinding speed but those 3 guys are a nucleus of Guards everyone could like.

Add Goodson.

The 4 Gringos

I like it. :)

MickMick
07-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Will/would coach Few run the same type of offense that Villanova (featuring Foye) ran a couple years ago?

tyra
07-25-2007, 10:23 PM
With Gibbs as heralded as he is at PG, would Gaddy be concerned about having to wait too long (up to 3 years) to start or to get enough PT? I certainly don't understand this stuff, but I would think that someone as gold plated a prospect as Gaddy might want a program where he would be more assured of starting sooner. ??

MickMick
07-26-2007, 05:33 AM
With Gibbs as heralded as he is at PG, would Gaddy be concerned about having to wait too long (up to 3 years) to start or to get enough PT? I certainly don't understand this stuff, but I would think that someone as gold plated a prospect as Gaddy might want a program where he would be more assured of starting sooner. ??

The more "gold plated" the program, the more likely he will face stiff competition for playing time. If Gaddy goes to a big time school, he is going to see talented kids pushing him for playing time....including at Gonzaga.

CDC84
07-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Keep in mind Pargo/Bouldin, Dickau/Stepp, etc.

This program is one that usualy thrives with two guards on the floor at the same time that can handle the ball and run the team.

BobZag
07-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Santangelo
Hall
Dickau
Stepp
Raivio
Bouldin

They all played PG and SG, mixing it up, keeping the other team guessing. With a better shot, I can see Pargo playing off guard a bit. Only Winston Brooks played PG exclusively, because he couldn't shoot very good.

Gibbs and Gaddy would be no different than Dickau and Stepp.