• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The509sfinest
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jun 2009

GU camp fundraiser...250 freethrows

I just recently moved from Spokane to a small town called Cle Elum in April. It was weird going to a new school with 300 kids but i have already made pretty good friends with the basketball coach and the players! I've went to every single open gym we have had to get to know the team more and even though they had only 2 wins last season I think maybe something special can happen this year! Some of you might know that their is a GU camp coming up on the 26th, and my school is going! It would be an awesome experience playing in the MAC and sleeping in the dorms and meeting some of the coaching staff and some of the former and current players! Its really important to me to go as its my senior year and its a chance to see my friends from spokane again. The only problem is its $300 bucks now thats where the fundraising comes in, my team is holding a fundraiser and im gonna shoot 250 freethrows and was wondering if anyones willing to donate a little money for every freethrow I make so I can go...I mean even without the fundraiser i can still probably go but I really don't want my mother pulling out all that money just so i can go as shes a waitress and doesnt make much, but anything helps guys

P.s. Im not a very good freethrow shooter haha
    Last edited by The509sfinest; 07-10-2012, 12:46 AM.
  • CanadianZagFan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jul 2008

If I lived closer I would sponsor you in your free throw shooting event, while $300 may not seem like much to some, it can be all the savings another person has. Good luck, I hope you reach your goal.

Comment

• The509sfinest
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jun 2009

Thanks! Hopefully I can at least get one sponsor!

Comment

• jaydee77
        Bulldog Fan
        • Feb 2007

count me in @ .50 per made shot. Hope you make it to camp

Comment

• The509sfinest
          Kennel Club Material
          • Jun 2009

Thank you so much talked to my coach and he's letting me shoot the free throws Thursday the 12th to get more pledges!

Comment

• zag67
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Contact me - send me your address

I will send you a flat number for your effort. Good luck and let us know how you do with the FTs and also how camp goes.

Comment

• The509sfinest
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jun 2009

Thank you Zag67 i really appreciate it! I will be shooting freethrows in less than an hour, at 6:00pm

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

I was traveling for work. Message me with name and address and I will match the fifty cents per made free throw....
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• The509sfinest
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jun 2009

Thanks a lot you guys! We are postponing the freethrow till Tuesday so we get a chance to get more sponsers! I will let you guys know the number I make right after I shoot them! Also I will make a post on how the camp goes. Coaching staff and former and current players are helping out at the camp, I wonder who I will see!

Comment

• The509sfinest
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jun 2009

By the way for next season since Connell is in the same league as Cle Elum, does anyone know if #34 on Connell is a senior or graduated? haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6v-bW6wxoY

Comment

• gamagin
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

put me down, too

Originally posted by zag67 View Post
                      I will send you a flat number for your effort. Good luck and let us know how you do with the FTs and also how camp goes.
                      mite be easier to just post an address where we can contribute. Good luck.
                      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• The509sfinest
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Jun 2009

just to let everyone know i'm shooting the freethrows today at 6pm for sure this time! You can send checks to:
                        David Wiediger
                        90 Sunshine way
                        Cle Elum Wa 98922

Make checks payable to Warrior Boosters please! I will let eveyone know how much i make tonight! Thanks for the support!

Comment

• zag67
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

Just one more question

I know for my son's high school, they had a tax id for the booster club so that a person could write off the donation. Do you know if your booster club has one. Thanks.

Comment

• The509sfinest
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Jun 2009

I have no idea, I can ask when I get to school though.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                              Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                              • Feb 2007

Let's see....I'm gonna guess 509 hits......143. I think that's JUST under 60%. I'm horrible at math tho, so don't quote me on that.
                              Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X