PDA

View Full Version : Morrison on NBA tv

ezcure17
07-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Adam is playing on tv right now, on the summer league channel. He played pretty good. 10 points and 3 rebounds. Looks like the Adam of old, kinda like his sophomore season look, no facial hair. Looks like he has the fire again, I really hope he can do it!! Usually the Orlando summer league games aren't televised but this year they are..I have set the DVR to record Adam's next 4 games in the next 4 days. Hey, if not Brooklyn, hopefully some other teams are watching!!

ZAGGED OUT
07-09-2012, 09:09 AM
4-7 from the field, 2-2 from the line, good to see him getting his shots and not settling for 3's.

Also, I can't wait to see Gray play, really hopin he does well.

gamagin
07-09-2012, 09:12 AM
you are now the designated reporter on this topic. don't let us down.

best,

ezcure17
07-09-2012, 09:39 AM
You got it!! Since I live in Las Vegas, I will also update everyone on our guys playing out here as well. I will be there on the first day, I will get to see Gray AND Sacre play their first game. I will wear my kennel club shirt to make them feel at home!! And if any other ex zags show up on rosters I will let you all know.

KStyles
07-09-2012, 10:08 AM
You got it!! Since I live in Las Vegas, I will also update everyone on our guys playing out here as well. I will be there on the first day, I will get to see Gray AND Sacre play their first game. I will wear my kennel club shirt to make them feel at home!! And if any other ex zags show up on rosters I will let you all know.

ZagNative put together a spreadsheet which covers the ex-GU players' (and Michael Stockton) schedules for the summer league (it sounds like you might be able to see Pargo play a game or two in Vegas as well).

http://guboards.com/showthread.php?t=40624

SweetOnionZag
07-09-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/20120709/BKNORL/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

ZAGGED OUT
07-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Not the best video, but better than nothing if you missed AMMO today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXx3rrU_Sp0

JPtheBeasta
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
The NBA still is an offensive game, and Adam can score on just about anybody. If Paul Pierce can stick in the league for as long as he has, it seems like Adam could find a place somewhere. It would be a change of gears for Phoenix (my current home town) because they are enamoured with role players who can't create their own shot, but they could really use a guy like him as they explode their team and rebuild this year.

gu03alum
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Not the best video, but better than nothing if you missed AMMO today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXx3rrU_Sp0

Thanks. He looks like the AMO I remember.

willandi
07-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Watched the clip, and thought he looked good. 4/7 and 2/2 aren't bad. but 10 points in 20+ minutes with 6 of them coming in the final minute of the half (?) makes me think he will have to do a little more...but what do I know?
Spread the points out a little, add in 1/2 three and have 5/9 plus 2/2 just sounds better. It projects out to 20+ with extended minutes. Anyway, I hope that he makes it, proves to be a servicable journeyman and a competent NBA player. I think he has the skills, just will he get the chance.

MDABE80
07-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Game replay at 9 pm West Coast Time..........lol just for you Woohoo:) Add 2 hours and you're there!

ZagFanInNC
07-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Watched the clip, and thought he looked good. 4/7 and 2/2 aren't bad. but 10 points in 20+ minutes with 6 of them coming in the final minute of the half (?) makes me think he will have to do a little more...but what do I know?
Spread the points out a little, add in 1/2 three and have 5/9 plus 2/2 just sounds better. It projects out to 20+ with extended minutes. Anyway, I hope that he makes it, proves to be a servicable journeyman and a competent NBA player. I think he has the skills, just will he get the chance.

He should have had about 3 assists too but his teammates are garbage.

It sounds like his line isn't too impressive but he hit the first two shots of the game and then hardly had any plays run for him. He played within himself and didn't force the action which is what I think he needs to do to be in the league. Almost every time he had a play run for him he either scored or made the right play leading to an open shot.

I liked the way he played yesterday, the new haircut is a lot better too even though I liked the Sampson look.

gozagswoohoo
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Game replay at 9 pm West Coast Time..........lol just for you Woohoo:) Add 2 hours and you're there!

:cheers:

hockeyzag
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
It sounds like his line isn't too impressive but he hit the first two shots of the game and then hardly had any plays run for him. He played within himself and didn't force the action which is what I think he needs to do to be in the league. Almost every time he had a play run for him he either scored or made the right play leading to an open shot.

I wonder if this is the reason after he scored those baskets that he started waving his arms and yelling at his teammates as they were all running back on defense. "See what I do with the ball when you pass it to me, geez!"

JPtheBeasta
07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I wonder if this is the reason after he scored those baskets that he started waving his arms and yelling at his teammates as they were all running back on defense. "See what I do with the ball when you pass it to me, geez!"

His scoring looked effortless. The announcers were questioning why he wasn't in the game at crunch time when his squad needed a bucket, but also made the point that there is no rhyme or reason (paraphrase) to rotations in summer league. My guess is that they know he can score and just leaving him in and watching him score 30 (which he could have easily done in that game) doesn't help them evaluate the other players. He played 20-ish minutes, and I hope he impressed the coaches with other facets of his game.

And as a call back to an earlier thread, he has trimmed his hair a bit and lost the moustache. :]

DADoZAG
07-10-2012, 12:54 PM
...And as a call back to an earlier thread, he has trimmed his hair a bit and lost the moustache. :]

Sold out....

...since it's not for the money but for the love of the game, I guess it's acceptable.

Be the ball, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo...

Go ZAGS!

(enter caddyshack reference here)

bballbeachbum
07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Adam just put in some great minutes in the second quarter

once he entered Boston went after him on seemingly every possession for a spell, got a couple but also failed a few times, and Brooklyn started to pull away with a big run

Just now, Adam got a screen on the high wing, dribble drove for that pullup one hander...swish

looked good, competing hard

bballbeachbum
07-10-2012, 02:53 PM
these games are pretty tough to watch. Guards hog the ball, think they're Michael Jordan, sometimes it goes in but lots of yuck

Adam barely any touches at all

MDABE80
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Adam put up 10 pts and had 10 boards today for the Nets. Not bad.
Maybe he does have a chance. Who knows! Thus far he's perfect from the FT line 6-6. Seems to be passing well. FG percentages could be a bit better as he was 3-9 today.

Be interesting to see how he does the rest of the week.

No doubt though, he's a shooter. D is better but a bit lax.

Oregonzagnut
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Adam Morrison is and forever will be the first player to score a basket for the BROOKLYN Nets!

In fact he scored the first 2 baskets. I know it is the summer league but still, it is none the less the Brooklyn Nets.

ezcure17
07-11-2012, 05:16 AM
For those of you who didn't get to see the game yesterday, all of Adam's 10 points were ALL ADAM'S doing! No thanks to his "teammates". Talk about me, me, me!! I am sooo tired of watching Adam play team ball...passes to open teammates, screens, etc. only to see nothing in return!! I don't know how many times he was wide open on offense only to be stiffed by others who are only worried about themselves. Why WOULDN'T you take a 1 on 3 fall away 30 footer when an awesome 3 point shooter is WIDE OPEN!! And for Thornton?? I have never seen such a black hole in a LONG TIME!! You could tell the look on Adam's face that he was disgusted. BUT, he kept working, evidenced by his 10 rebounds...great work Adam, keep hustling, maybe the coaches can see what I have seen and you will get your invite to summer camp.

LongIslandZagFan
07-11-2012, 05:58 AM
I saw at least one block as well. The 17 point lead eroded when they started playing me me me ball in the last part of the third qtr.

SoCalZag
07-11-2012, 06:21 AM
For those of you who didn't get to see the game yesterday, all of Adam's 10 points were ALL ADAM'S doing! No thanks to his "teammates". Talk about me, me, me!! I am sooo tired of watching Adam play team ball...passes to open teammates, screens, etc. only to see nothing in return!! I don't know how many times he was wide open on offense only to be stiffed by others who are only worried about themselves. Why WOULDN'T you take a 1 on 3 fall away 30 footer when an awesome 3 point shooter is WIDE OPEN!! And for Thornton?? I have never seen such a black hole in a LONG TIME!! You could tell the look on Adam's face that he was disgusted. BUT, he kept working, evidenced by his 10 rebounds...great work Adam, keep hustling, maybe the coaches can see what I have seen and you will get your invite to summer camp.

This^^ +1000 MarShon Brooks is painful to watch. Adam has been playing good unselfish team basketball - hopefully the coaching staff is noticing.

Robzagnut
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Watched the 2nd half of the game against Boston last night. Unfortunately, Ammo missed all 6 of his shots and had a bad turnover on an inbounds play. Brooklyn was up by 17, but lost by 6 or 7.

LongIslandZagFan
07-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Watched the 2nd half of the game against Boston last night. Unfortunately, Ammo missed all 6 of his shots and had a bad turnover on an inbounds play. Brooklyn was up by 17, but lost by 6 or 7.

What? Which game were you watching. I saw hime miss a three and one floater... Everything else went in.

MDABE80
07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
3-9 shooting. SOmebody missed the bad ones and somebody saw the good ones:)

LongIslandZagFan
07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Outside of two, most of is misses were earlier in the game From the tail end of second to the end of the game he missed 2 that I saw.

JPtheBeasta
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
I would recommend evaluating his whole body of work, whether that's his career numbers or his stats when the summer league ends (whether a good opinion or bad). One could easily use his game 1 stats to show how proficient he is on offense. One 3-9 shooting game doesn't tell the story (he had 10 rebounds).

Here's a short interview (http://www.hoopsworld.com/orlando-summer-league-adam-morrison) with Adam.

ZagNative
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the link to that interview, JPTB!

Just saw that Adam's on the roster for the Clippers' Summer League (http://clippers.ocregister.com/2012/07/11/clippers-announce-summer-league-roster/) as well, so we'll have more chances to argue about his performance.

bballbeachbum
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
3-9 shooting. SOmebody missed the bad ones and somebody saw the good ones:)

I think 4 of those misses were late casts once Brooklyn fell apart with very poor guard play and gave the ball to Adam and said shoot it, finally :)

bballbeachbum
07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Adam put up 10 pts and had 10 boards today for the Nets. Not bad.
Maybe he does have a chance. Who knows! Thus far he's perfect from the FT line 6-6. Seems to be passing well. FG percentages could be a bit better as he was 3-9 today.

Be interesting to see how he does the rest of the week.

No doubt though, he's a shooter. D is better but a bit lax.

his outlet passes were excellent, ball always above his head and out of his hands lickity split and on target. good stuff

bballbeachbum
07-11-2012, 01:02 PM
This^^ +1000 MarShon Brooks is painful to watch. Adam has been playing good unselfish team basketball - hopefully the coaching staff is noticing.

Brooks has been awful, the only word that comes to mind, yet he gets on the highlights.

LongIslandZagFan
07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
In regards to Brooks, fans around here consider hime an essential part of the team. Just don't get it.

Which teams are in the summer league with the Clippers? Any chance Big Rob and Ammo face off?

KStyles
07-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Any chance Big Rob and Ammo face off?
ZagNative's schedule (http://guboards.com/showthread.php?p=803842#post803842) has Sacre's Lakers playing the Clippers on July 19th.

bballbeachbum
07-11-2012, 01:23 PM
In regards to Brooks, fans around here consider hime an essential part of the team. Just don't get it.

he's a good player, was great for Providence, was asked to do it all often on offensive if I recall. Looks like Brooklyn wants him to facilitate and run the show and he looks less than comfortable imo; finds his own shot a lot

might look good running next to Williams tho?

ezcure17
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I will be there right behind the Clippers bench to cheer Adam on..I will also cheer Sacre as well, but Ammo will KNOW that he is still appreciated. As I will be the voice for everyone here on the GU board!!! I will get him going!!!!

willandi
07-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Has anybody watched the last 2 games? Why has his shooting etc. gone downhill?

ZAGGED OUT
07-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Has anybody watched the last 2 games? Why has his shooting etc. gone downhill?

He started the first two games and got almost 30 minutes each, the last two he has come off the bench for a substantially less amount of time. He's a shooter, shooter's need time to find their rhythm, he'll be ok

Robzagnut
07-13-2012, 07:26 AM
What? Which game were you watching. I saw hime miss a three and one floater... Everything else went in.

Boston vs. Brooklyn.

Trust me, I wish Ammo did awesome as he's my favorite Zag along with Stepp, but I call em as I see em. My son and I watched the 2nd half of the recorded game, and even he was surprised that Ammo couldn't make a shot. Three of them were bail-outs at the end of the clock, but none of his shots went in that I watched.

bballbeachbum
07-13-2012, 07:32 AM
we all know he needs to stroke it to make it back. the other parts of his game are better and nice compliments, but he needs to make open shots. Needs one game where it happens for him, a breakout, and then maybe that will light his confidence on fire so he feels he belongs...something like that

he can get his shot, just needs to drain.

Man I'm pulling for him! He had as great a college season as I've been able to enjoy as a fan and has had to endure all the BS from the haters.

Come on Adam!!! Yes you can!

bballbeachbum
07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Adam the invisible man to his own teammates out there today so far. His minutes spanned the end of the first quarter-beginning of the second, and he received a pass from a teammate on the offensive end exactly 2 times to my count, in all of his minutes. Got a sceen on one of those touches and missed his 3. Evaluate that somehow.......

JPtheBeasta
07-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Adam isn't really a spot up shooter, and it gets frustrating watching him get used that way. He is much better putting the ball on the floor and getting his shot, which also looks unorthodox because he takes so many shots leaning or on the move somehow. He has consistantly been a square peg in a round hole as I have watched him over the years. Unfortunately, unless you are a top 3 option or so on a team they don't really want you playing with the ball in your hands very much. Maybe he could stick as a sixth man scoring option type thing off the bench somewhere, but that would seem like a tough hill to climb.

JPtheBeasta
07-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Another Adam Morrison article (http://articles.boston.com/2012-07-15/sports/32665302_1_summer-league-besiktas-milangaz-adam-morrison). Nothing much new, but still interesting.

I just need somebody to take a chance and give me an opportunity, he said. Im a good teammate. I work hard, so hopefully somebody will give me an opportunity to show that. Its tough when people say I was just terrible and I was just no good. A lot of people leave out that I missed a whole season and then got traded to the Lakers. So, that part is tough. But for me, I know what happened, so thats just how it is. (emphasis added)

Although the above doesn't speak directly to it, the article shows that he still has a love for the game. If he doesn't stick somewhere, he still has a lot to be proud of. Maybe Coach Dickau can pull some strings for him ;)

ezcure17
07-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I was at the game last night, (Adam's) and he played MUCH more aggressive than he did in Brooklyn. Most of his missed shots were the in and out kind. Much better team atmosphere with the Clippers than with the Nets. I told him before the game to be aggressive, and when he is on the floor to play like it's a Zags NCAA tournament game, and to take control. I sat right behind the Clips coach DelNegro and listened a lot. They really liked his hustle on defense, and I said, "come on coach, give him a chance. That's all he needs, give him an invite to training camp!" He smiled and nodded.

Adam DID have the most shots in the game, 13 and the other players were very receptive to him, unlike the Nets. After the game, I was waiting to talk with him and Sacre showed up so we hung out together. I told Adam what the coaches had said about his D, and he liked hearing that. Who knows, maybe him knowing that will let him know he has a chance, and that's what we all want for Adam, another chance. I will keep you updated.

cjm720
07-17-2012, 09:24 AM
thanks E..17, awesome!

gamagin
07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I was at the game last night, (Adam's) and he played MUCH more aggressive than he did in Brooklyn. Most of his missed shots were the in and out kind. Much better team atmosphere with the Clippers than with the Nets. I told him before the game to be aggressive, and when he is on the floor to play like it's a Zags NCAA tournament game, and to take control. I sat right behind the Clips coach DelNegro and listened a lot. They really liked his hustle on defense, and I said, "come on coach, give him a chance. That's all he needs, give him an invite to training camp!" He smiled and nodded.

Adam DID have the most shots in the game, 13 and the other players were very receptive to him, unlike the Nets. After the game, I was waiting to talk with him and Sacre showed up so we hung out together. I told Adam what the coaches had said about his D, and he liked hearing that. Who knows, maybe him knowing that will let him know he has a chance, and that's what we all want for Adam, another chance. I will keep you updated.

You learn something new every day. I didn't know he had two daughters.

Bogozags
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

E17
Thank You for this update and look forward to the next one! :)

U Zig, I Zag
07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
E17
Thank You for this update and look forward to the next one! :)

+1, way to represent.

zzzjag
07-19-2012, 08:39 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/19/adam-morrison-impresses-on-sixth-day-of-nba-summer-league/#

Good job!

gamagin
07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/19/adam-morrison-impresses-on-sixth-day-of-nba-summer-league/#

Good job!

thanks

ezcure17
07-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Day 2 of summer league for Adam. WOW!!! I haven't seen THAT from him since the good old days at Gonzaga!! If he keeps this up it would look good for a camp invite. He is looking more comfortable out on the floor. You could see the fire in his eyes!! He was yelling for the ball, so great to see. ALSO did you all notice something?? NO HEADBAND!! He never wore it in college, I don't think anyway, but on Monday, I was just about to talk to him when a Clipper fan asked him for the headband, and he tossed it to him, maybe that was his only one, I will be there again tonight, Adam's 28th birthday, and if he is wearing another headband, I will ask him to remove it!! lol.
I don't know if what I told him after the first game, about the coaches really noticing his D and aggressiveness had anything to do with it, I like to think it did...lol..but he looked really good out there, and the fans cheered for him the loudest!! led by me of course. Once I figure out how to add pictures on here, I will post some of Adam, Steven, and Rob.
I am going to try to get Rob's jersey after the game, and Adam's on Sunday..might have to ditch work dealing at the crap table for that one!!

Anyways, hope Adam has another great game tonight and I will keep you all posted!! Thanks