PDA

View Full Version : A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Moraga

Angelo Roncalli
06-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Destination changed. Next stop: Boone Avenue.

Drew (Barham) had a number of D1 programs looking at him as a transfer possibility along with the Bulldogs. While Gonzaga's recruitment of him slipped under the radar over the past month, there were plenty of reports of other schools pursuing him. Interestingly enough, it appears the Zags may have stolen him from their biggest conference rival.

"Before the visit (to Gonzaga), I was actually leaning more toward St. Mary's as the front runner of my top 5" Barham said.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2012/6/25/3116818/drew-barham-interview-gonzaga-Memphis

Kiddwell
06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
A quality transfer having two WCC schools in this top five. Hmm.

:]

NotoriousZ
06-25-2012, 07:28 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m4TZ2RDLD0A/TxvXzMahCLI/AAAAAAAAGj4/dBqMq2J7yNg/s400/simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

Zagtana
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Am I missing something here. Stats that I could find lists 49 games played for Memphis, 11 starts, ave. 2 ppg and 1.1 rebounds pg. ??? Just askin.

CaliforniaZaggin'
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Am I missing something here. Stats that I could find lists 49 games played for Memphis, 11 starts, ave. 2 ppg and 1.1 rebounds pg. ??? Just askin.

We needed depth ASAP.

Zagtana
06-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Also noted he is a smart guy,an honor student, on Dean's List, etc. Welcome Drew. I'm sure you will enjoy and benefit from your GU experience.

zagfan07
06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Also noted he is a smart guy,an honor student, on Dean's List, etc.

And that's why he chose GU. :D

Side note: My favorite chant of all-time from a school not named Gonzaga was at the WCC tourney in 2004 when Santa Clara was playing St. Mary's in the semi-finals. The student section for Santa Clara started chanting "Safe-ty School, Safe-ty School." Got the SMC fans all riled up!

Urika
06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Looking at the date of Drew's signing with GU, the music had already stopped for him at SMC as they had filled their 3 scholarship vacancies already with Reyes, Jackson and Walker.

Stolen? No.

Plan B? Perhaps.....

Gonzdb8
06-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Looking at the date of Drew's signing with GU, the music had already stopped for him at SMC as they had filled their 3 scholarship vacancies already with Reyes, Jackson and Walker.

Stolen? No.

Plan B? Perhaps.....

the date he "signed" isn't as relevant as the date that he visited and made the decision (not sure if thats what you're referring to) and i'm pretty sure smc still had a schollie open when that happened. i could be wrong but thats my recollection.
than again, what player wouldn't want to go to st. marys considering they can boast two tournament game wins since 1989. the bar is set high at smc.

willandi
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
the bar is set high at smc.

Our bar is near the campus!:cheers: