PDA

View Full Version : would you still support Gonzaga?

gu03alum
06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Would you still support Gonzaga if they had a Penn State style cover up?

I feel confident that I would be pretty much done with the university. It amazes me how many people I still see wearing Penn State gear. I have a friend at work who was a huge fan of Penn State. His cube was decorated with lots of memorabilia and posters etc. He has taken all of that stuff down. He is done with Penn State and done with college football.

bartruff1
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Assuming anyone involved was investigated and charged/fired as appropriate.

bullzag23
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I would have a very difficult time with it. I can't imagine what it's like to be a Penn State fan right now after what happened there. Ultimately I'd probably become a closet fan and would hardly talk about GU unless asked specifically....at least until the dust cleared.

RenoZag
06-26-2012, 01:06 PM
I would never write another donation check. I would still follow the basketball teams.

Birddog
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Ummmm, you guys do know that the sitting President of GU had to leave in the middle of the night in May of 69 for similar reasons don't you. The Oregon Province declared bankruptcy didn't they? The Oregon Province Jebbies (among many other groups of priests) had myriad pedophilia problems that were for the most part swept under the rug for years.

KStyles
06-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Ummmm, you guys do know that the sitting President of GU had to leave in the middle of the night in May of 69 for similar reasons don't you. The Oregon Province declared bankruptcy didn't they? The Oregon Province Jebbies (among many other groups of priests) had myriad pedophilia problems that were for the most part swept under the rug for years.

Some reading on the matter, for anyone interested.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2006/09/11/gonzaga

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003249389_webleary08.html

RenoZag
06-27-2012, 06:57 PM

Yup. My response was based on the OP and the premise that such a cover-up would be contemporaneous. . .