PDA

View Full Version : Watched a few recorded games from last season.

MickMick
06-24-2012, 04:51 PM
I counted four different occasions where Pangos took a serious shot to the mouth.

All four times he bounced up with only a minor outward display of discomfort.
Rubbing his mouth with his forearm for a moment than back into high gear.

His toughness isn't mentioned nearly enough. The young man is tough as nails.

Toughness is a difference maker in post season.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Bell is just as tough. This is going to be a very, very good team for the next few years.

Oregonzagnut
06-24-2012, 11:56 PM
The other guys will get noticed that they have toughness too. Sacre seemed to take that label so thoroughly that the next toughest person was a distant second. Now that we are looking to find and replace those things Sacre laid claim to, we may find that this team, top to bottom, is the toughest we have ever seen. Training with Sacre for all those years helped make the competition seem soft.

I know full well that rankings are over-rated, but I think this team can get momentum early and ride it to our schools first #1 ranking.

Reborn
06-25-2012, 06:44 AM
I counted four different occasions where Pangos took a serious shot to the mouth.

All four times he bounced up with only a minor outward display of discomfort.
Rubbing his mouth with his forearm for a moment than back into high gear.

His toughness isn't mentioned nearly enough. The young man is tough as nails.

Toughness is a difference maker in post season.

Nice post, MM. I agree. I don't think most fans truly know how tough college, Div 1 basketball is. In between all the beauty of the game, there's a real fight going on. That is why lifting weights is so important in Div I hoops. You must be ready to rumble. I saw a new pic of Kevin not long ago and he is really ripped. He's been hitting the weight room.

And yes I have always seen how tough that kid is.

hooter73
06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
i do remember seeing him take a few good hits in a couple different games last year and only once for a micro second did he want to lose his cool.

Zagsker
06-25-2012, 08:12 AM
The other guys will get noticed that they have toughness too. Sacre seemed to take that label so thoroughly that the next toughest person was a distant second. Now that we are looking to find and replace those things Sacre laid claim to, we may find that this team, top to bottom, is the toughest we have ever seen. Training with Sacre for all those years helped make the competition seem soft.

I know full well that rankings are over-rated, but I think this team can get momentum early and ride it to our schools first #1 ranking.

nm

VaBeachZAG
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
As a matter of fact, my one and only worry for this team is consistent interior aggressiveness and toughness. Not much to worry about with Harris. However, over the past couple of years I have seen some games by KO and SD where this was a positive and some games where it was not well demonstrated, if at all. I also think the degree of consistent aggressiveness and toughness by PK at the D1 level is yet to be determined. All of these guys have got to play like dominating men against boys in the paint if this team is to achieve the success we all think and hope it can reach. I know, I know, KO and SD routinely banged against Sacre in practice and PK has played against some high quality opponents, but I will not be a believer until I see them consistently bring the pain against opponents in games this upcoming season. Here's hoping....