PDA

View Full Version : Ronny

gamagin
06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
is about to pick up an NBA championship ring ! ! And he's finishing on the court.

gamagin
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
He becomes the second Zag with a NBA championship. Ammo has two. Between them, they have three more than JS.

hooter73
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
you really cant count Morrison's, he stopped bothering to suit up around game three both times :p

Mantua
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I am so happy for Ronny to be able to experience the whole wild ride through these playoffs. He contributed, starting for Bosh in those scary games.

Happy for DWade, juwan Howard and Shane Battier.

gozagswoohoo
06-22-2012, 06:45 AM
He becomes the second Zag with a NBA championship. Ammo has two. Between them, they have three more than JS.

Haha, wow. Ouch.

3 of the last 4 NBA titles have meant a ring for a zag. That should be a nice recruiting tool!!! Also, if you are a zag and play in the NBA, it means you've got like a 50% chance of getting a ring. (Pargo/Turiaf)

willandi
06-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Of course you count Morrison's. He HAS them, and many don't. I was glad to see the Heat win, and glad to see Ronny get his. It was my hope, however, that Ronny not play the last 2 minutes in a blow out. How many other schools would have 3 nba championship rings, with players that didn't play?

zagzilla
06-22-2012, 07:19 AM
I don't watch NBA anymore but was rooting for Miami a little mainly because of Ronny and also because I despise the OKC Sonic Stealers.

When I heard this AM that the Heat had clinched my first thought was that Ronny had a ring. Then I read that it was a rout and that the Big 3 came out with ~3 minutes to go. I stopped reading the article right there and turned to the box score in hopes of seeing Ronny's name and the minutes he played.

Then I realized he got to be on the floor when the horn went off and enjoy that moment and I was really happy for him. The wheel of fortune spun his way when he landed in Miami. Good for him.

Nice souvenir to show the young Zags who cherish hoop dream of their own.

ZZ

Oldzag15
06-22-2012, 07:38 AM
you really cant count Morrison's, he stopped bothering to suit up around game three both times :p

Your statement is not fair to Adam; There is more to winning a championship ring then individual stats. He may not have played in the actual series but he prepared Kobie and a loaded Laker team in practices....

ID ZAGFAN
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/7539431/20120621_ajl_ah6_092_extra_large.jpg

(still working with one hand--gonna go on for six weeks--so someone please post pic for me.

ZaGranny

kitzbuel
06-22-2012, 08:09 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/7539431/20120621_ajl_ah6_092_extra_large.jpg

(still working with one hand--gonna go on for six weeks--so someone please post pic for me.

ZaGranny

bullzag23
06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Clearly the common denominator for winning an NBA championship is to have a Zag on your bench. 3 out of the past 4 titles now. OKC is one piece away from the championship. Trade for Pargo(or draft Sacre) and you're there. :D

gamagin
06-22-2012, 08:30 AM
it seems to me Ammo not only was awarded his rings with the full knowledge and consent of the organization, but was voted a share of the playoff $$ by his teammates & coaches because (1) he was a member of the team & (2) he worked hard preparing his teammates for the playoffs & championships even though he didn't suit up.

BobZag
06-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Without Ronny, Miami would be nothing!

:rolleyes:

zag944
06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Clearly the common denominator for winning an NBA championship is to have a Zag on your bench. 3 out of the past 4 titles now. OKC is one piece away from the championship. Trade for Pargo(or draft Sacre) and you're there. :D

Ronny and the Heat will still be there to stop them. Lets just have them keep stacking up trophies until OKC's window closes somehow.

Sacre and Pargo can get one as members/star players of a Seattle team in a couple years.

zagzilla
06-22-2012, 10:47 AM

Please don't let any Zags go to OKC.

Let's just hope that OKC keeps losing early and often to everybody including and especially any team with a Zag on the roster.

ZZ

bullzag23
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Please don't let any Zags go to OKC.

Let's just hope that OKC keeps losing early and often to everybody including and especially any team with a Zag on the roster.

ZZ

Look at it this way. If a Zag were on the OKC roster at least you have the consolation that a Zag won a title. Much like the Heat for me. I didn't want them to win(even against OKC...but I'm a Portland fan) but I'm happy that Ronny has a ring.

As for how the league is set up right now it's looking very likely that we'll see several Miami/OKC finals matchups in the years to come, unless another team majorly steps up in either conference.

gu03alum
06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
As for how the league is set up right now it's looking very likely that we'll see several Miami/OKC finals matchups in the years to come, unless another team majorly steps up in either conference.

Doubtful, I think we will see Miami again, but OKC's run is probably over next year.

Insider Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8084924/nba-how-oklahoma-city-thunder-solve-payroll-problems)

Unfortunately for Thunder fans, the chances of keeping the roster intact are slim and none.

kitzbuel
06-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Without Ronny, Miami would be nothing!

:rolleyes:

Miami would have swept if they play Ronny in Game 1.

bullzag23
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Doubtful, I think we will see Miami again, but OKC's run is probably over next year.

Insider Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8084924/nba-how-oklahoma-city-thunder-solve-payroll-problems)

They'll keep Harden along with Durant/Westbrook. Perkins won't last, and they'll need to get lucky to keep Ibaka, but I think any team built around those 3 is likely to stick around for a long time. They may not be as good as they were this year, but they could also be better with a good trade or lucky late 1st round pick. The Mavericks look like the biggest threat if they can get Deron Williams and Dwight Howard in free agency. That's a big IF though.

The question is who out of the west is poised to take them out? San Antonio is getting older and that window will close some time in the near future. Duncan can't play forever. The Lakers just aren't as good as they were a couple of years ago. Kobe's past his prime. Bynum's a beast when he wants to be. Pau is on the tail end of his prime. The Clippers are the only example of a team that I feel is close, but they still need a 3rd player to step up for them to truly compete at an elite level. CP3 to Blake can only get them so far.

The Jazz are young but lack a solid star player or two. The Nuggets still need a couple more pieces. The Blazers should have been there at this point.....

zag944
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
I wouldnt root for OKC if they had 5 Zags on their roster.

cggonzaga
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM

OKC is the team to beat for at least the next 5 years. With a roster full of under 25 year olds, the run is just beginning. They'll take care of the guys they need to take care of, i.e. Harden, Ibaka.

I actually think the Heat is going to have trouble soon. Wade doesn't look like the same player he was and Bosh isn't dependable. Unless they add pieces I'd be surprised if they won more than one more.

ZagNative
06-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I like this pic of Ronny from game 5:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0mh-TbSxpvE/T-UN_obddqI/AAAAAAABVVc/2Y8-miKvlOM/s512/2012-06-21%2520Ronny%2520Turiaf%2520Heat%2520Finals.jpg

Miami Heat's Juwan Howard and Ronny Turiaf celebrate a three-point basket by Mike Miller during the second quarter of Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Thursday, June 21, 2012 at AmericanAirlines Arena.

ID ZAGFAN
06-22-2012, 05:27 PM
http://lockerz.com/s/219221630

Will someone with two hands please post the photo?

ZaGranny

ZagNative
06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HqUDKw7NLGw/T-Udb6xIUWI/AAAAAAABVWI/7wuUf1DrZdM/s419/2012%2520Ronny%2520Turiaf%2520with%2520parents.jpg

@Ronny_Turiaf with the trophy and his parents!

75Zag
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
I spent my formative years at GU admiring Bing Crosby's gold record(s) and Oscar on the 2nd floor of Crosby Library. Does anybody know if either Adam's or Ronny's NBA championship rings will be available for pubic viewing in the near future?

Go Bulldogs!

Rangerzag
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
I spent my formative years at GU admiring Bing Crosby's gold record(s) and Oscar on the 2nd floor of Crosby Library. Does anybody know if either Adam's or Ronny's NBA championship rings will be available for pubic viewing in the near future?

Go Bulldogs!

Maybe once the Turiaf/Morrisson Library is built ;^)

sullyzag66
06-22-2012, 09:56 PM
it seems to me Ammo not only was awarded his rings with the full knowledge and consent of the organization, but was voted a share of the playoff $$ by his teammates & coaches because (1) he was a member of the team & (2) he worked hard preparing his teammates for the playoffs & championships even though he didn't suit up.
In fact, not suiting up was a contribution. Every NBA team is required to have one player on the bench in civvies. In the old days they had the injured reserve list which enabled teams to get another player on board. The system was gamed so much that they expanded the roster with the proviso that at least one player is not suited up does not play on any given night. Somebody had to do it and he was available to give Bynum fits in practice.

VaBeachZAG
06-23-2012, 03:59 AM
If it ever happened, I would suspect the most appropriate location would be where ever other sports related awards/items are displayed (K2?).

LongIslandZagFan
06-23-2012, 05:51 AM

No... when you are not on the shortened playoff roster you don't suit up. You only suit up if someone is injured.

Robzagnut
06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
OKC is the team to beat for at least the next 5 years. With a roster full of under 25 year olds, the run is just beginning. They'll take care of the guys they need to take care of, i.e. Harden, Ibaka.

I actually think the Heat is going to have trouble soon. Wade doesn't look like the same player he was and Bosh isn't dependable. Unless they add pieces I'd be surprised if they won more than one more.

I disagree.

Players want to play with LeBron, because he's unselfish and will distribute the ball. Look at Battier's numbers in the series and Miller's shots in the final game. Players in the twilight of their career will take less money to play with LeBron and Wade. Guys like Ray Allen or Steve Nash.

There's no shots to be had in OKC. Durrant, Westbrook and Harden take all the shots, so there's none left. They don't have a distributor. Plus, OKC doesn't have the money for Harden, Ibaka and Perkins.

I also disagree concerning Bosh. The Heat struggled while he was injured. Bosh does the little things well and has a great outside jumper that pulls the defender out, opening up the middle for LeBron and Wade to drive to the hole. You saw what happened in the final four games when he was fully healthy and had his legs back. They are a completely different team when Bosh starts and Haslem comes off the bench.

Oregonzagnut
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM

If assistant coaches can get rings then so can assistant players!

ID ZAGFAN
06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Ronny has several tweets about the champion ship. For some reason I can't copy and paste them

Great pic in one of them.

Try to google it

(Ronny Turiaf twitter)

ZaGranny

Rangerzag
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Like this (http://instagr.am/p/MTJv47BtTL/)?

ZagNative
06-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Like this (http://instagr.am/p/MTJv47BtTL/)?That is hysterical!

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/4959e59ebecd11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg