• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Ronny

is about to pick up an NBA championship ring ! ! And he's finishing on the court.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

One more for the GU history books

He becomes the second Zag with a NBA championship. Ammo has two. Between them, they have three more than JS.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Comment

• hooter73
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2008

you really cant count Morrison's, he stopped bothering to suit up around game three both times

Comment

• Mantua
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

I am so happy for Ronny to be able to experience the whole wild ride through these playoffs. He contributed, starting for Bosh in those scary games.

Happy for DWade, juwan Howard and Shane Battier.
        Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
          He becomes the second Zag with a NBA championship. Ammo has two. Between them, they have three more than JS.
          Haha, wow. Ouch.

3 of the last 4 NBA titles have meant a ring for a zag. That should be a nice recruiting tool!!! Also, if you are a zag and play in the NBA, it means you've got like a 50% chance of getting a ring. (Pargo/Turiaf)
          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Of course you count Morrison's. He HAS them, and many don't. I was glad to see the Heat win, and glad to see Ronny get his. It was my hope, however, that Ronny not play the last 2 minutes in a blow out. How many other schools would have 3 nba championship rings, with players that didn't play?
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• zagzilla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I don't watch NBA anymore but was rooting for Miami a little mainly because of Ronny and also because I despise the OKC Sonic Stealers.

When I heard this AM that the Heat had clinched my first thought was that Ronny had a ring. Then I read that it was a rout and that the Big 3 came out with ~3 minutes to go. I stopped reading the article right there and turned to the box score in hopes of seeing Ronny's name and the minutes he played.

Then I realized he got to be on the floor when the horn went off and enjoy that moment and I was really happy for him. The wheel of fortune spun his way when he landed in Miami. Good for him.

Nice souvenir to show the young Zags who cherish hoop dream of their own.

ZZ

Comment

• Oldzag15
                Redshirt
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                you really cant count Morrison's, he stopped bothering to suit up around game three both times
                Your statement is not fair to Adam; There is more to winning a championship ring then individual stats. He may not have played in the actual series but he prepared Kobie and a loaded Laker team in practices....

Comment

Photo of Ronny and Chris tweeted by SSF

(still working with one hand--gonna go on for six weeks--so someone please post pic for me.

ZaGranny

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
                    http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_image...xtra_large.jpg

(still working with one hand--gonna go on for six weeks--so someone please post pic for me.

ZaGranny
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• bullzag23
                      Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
                      • Apr 2008

Clearly the common denominator for winning an NBA championship is to have a Zag on your bench. 3 out of the past 4 titles now. OKC is one piece away from the championship. Trade for Pargo(or draft Sacre) and you're there.
                      A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
                      Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
                      Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• gamagin
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I'm working strictly from memory here, but

it seems to me Ammo not only was awarded his rings with the full knowledge and consent of the organization, but was voted a share of the playoff $$ by his teammates & coaches because (1) he was a member of the team & (2) he worked hard preparing his teammates for the playoffs & championships even though he didn't suit up.
                        Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• BobZag
                          Dark Lord of the Zag
                          • Jan 2007

Without Ronny, Miami would be nothing!

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• zag944
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bullzag23 View Post
                            Clearly the common denominator for winning an NBA championship is to have a Zag on your bench. 3 out of the past 4 titles now. OKC is one piece away from the championship. Trade for Pargo(or draft Sacre) and you're there.
                            Ronny and the Heat will still be there to stop them. Lets just have them keep stacking up trophies until OKC's window closes somehow.

Sacre and Pargo can get one as members/star players of a Seattle team in a couple years.

Comment

• zagzilla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bullzag23 View Post
                              Please don't let any Zags go to OKC.

Let's just hope that OKC keeps losing early and often to everybody including and especially any team with a Zag on the roster.

ZZ

Comment

Working...
                              X