PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Units by Conference

NorCalCoug
06-17-2012, 08:45 AM
I found this on the NCAA's website and thought some of you folks might appreciate it. It's a report that tracks the NCAA units earned and dollars distributed by conference. This represents the 2011 distribution so it won't reflect the 5 units the WCC earned this past tournament season. For the 2012 distribution it looks like 3 units will drop off from 2012 and 5 will be added from 2012 - a +2 net increase in units. Not bad for the WCC but there's obviously room for improvement IMO. Hopefully WCC teams can get'er done in the future....

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/pdfs/2012/revenue+distribution+unit+chart

willandi
06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't know what system would work better, but it looks like the rich getting richer. The BCS/Big conferences receive the lions share of the payout, ensuring that their finances improve, or at least remain stable. The smaller conferences that get one team in get one unit and 1 percent of the payout. Even the WCC with 3 units got only 2 percent. The ACC, Big East etc each received 9 or more. I guess it really is money driving the re-alignment.