• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZAGGED OUT
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2012

Darin Johnson 2013 G

According to SSF, Johnson is taking a visit to GU and WSU. He does not have an offer from GU at this point, but imo, that can only mean that he has a lot of interest in us. Would love to have his length and athleticism accompany Bell outside

Check out 6'4 Darin Johnson doing his thing all summer... Darin attends Franklin High School in Sacramento, CA in the class of 2013...

Edit: Feel free to move mods, didn't notice there was another thread for this recruit
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Okay, he dunks real good. Is there an eval on him via ESPN or Scout or Rivals or...or...?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• a13coach
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I just saw Tommy Lloyd and Donny Daniels walking around campus with a young man that could be this guy.
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
      Those who understand binary and those who do not.
      "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
      sigpic
      E .· ` ' / ·. F
      The FOO fuels me.

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

3 star at ESPN. Sounds intriguing.

Overall, Johnson is a gifted scorer who loves to play at a relentless pace. He has a knack of finding ways to put points on the board and his energy level is contagious. If he can continue to develop some savvy on shot selection and continue to find ways to get his teammates involved, he should be a solid Division I recruit.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I like Johnson quite a bit, just not sure if he is a high-level prospect yet.

If I had to guess, he would be a solid backup option if Jordan Mathews decides to go elsewhere but Mathews is the guy I would really like as a 2013 wing.

Comment

• SWZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Darin Johnson has a favorite

"Despite being in the middle of taking a few visits, 2013 PHPS (CA) combo guard Darin Johnson has had some leaders emerge in his recruitment lately. After a picking up an offer from USC last week, he says the Trojans are his favorite right now.

“The USC visit was amazing,” he began. “But I also like Washington State, Gonzaga, and Colorado.”

Johnson is scheduled to visit Washington State and Gonzaga this week, so there could be some more changes in his premature list.

Nevada, Pepperdine, Utah, Drake, St. Mary’s, Boise State, Santa Clara, and San Jose State are also involved."
            SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• cggonzaga
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

I like Johnson quite a bit, just not sure if he is a high-level prospect yet.

If I had to guess, he would be a solid backup option if Jordan Mathews decides to go elsewhere but Mathews is the guy I would really like as a 2013 wing.
              Don't we have 8 available scholarships next year? We need to start filling them. I can't imagine this is a wait and see if Matthews commits?

Comment

• KStyles
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                Don't we have 8 available scholarships next year? We need to start filling them. I can't imagine this is a wait and see if Matthews commits?
                Barring a transfer, it looks like 5. 4 if Stockton gets a scholarship next year as well. Still plenty to work with.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

The poor shot selection and relentless pace thing may not go over so well in Few's system.

Comment

• DADoZAG
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                    Barring a transfer, it looks like 5. 4 if Stockton gets a scholarship next year as well. Still plenty to work with.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/page...olarship-chart
                    While I believe minutes for young Mr. Stockton will be dwindling next year, there's not disputing he has earned a scholarship for his remaining stay at GU. Impossible not to respect David's contribution to date.

That said, one could bet there'd be no hesitation for the Stockton family to pony up if that scholarship should be needed next spring for a suddenly available transfer who is attracted to the latest Final Four participant ().

As for the OP, since there is no choice in the matter, I trust in staff's ability to judge the upper half of the glass.

Go ZAGS!
                    Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• ZAGGED OUT
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Mar 2012

Looks like Johnson got his offer

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Yup.
                        darin johnson ‏@D_NASTYJFAM

Gonzaga was dope. The coaching staff is amazing. Glad I picked that offer up from them.
                        1h Garrett Tucker Garrett Tucker ‏@GTuckerF150

2013 guard Darin Johnson of PHPS (CA) picked up an offer from Gonzaga while on a visit today; Mark Few called from Brazil to extend offer

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

What's Few doing in Brazil? Is it Carnival already?

Comment

• ZagNative
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Links to Profiles:

Scout

Rivals

ESPN

Maxpreps

Comment

Working...
                            X