PDA

View Full Version : Coach Sean Woods does it again

SLOZag
06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Morehead State's new head coach, Sean Woods, did it again when he recently spoke with the press about the task ahead of him:

"As he said at his introductory news conference, Woods wants to make Morehead State "the Gonzaga of the South." That is to say a mid-major program that can compete with any college team.

Woods smiled and nodded when asked if he used the same line Gonzaga of the South to describe his intentions when he became coach at [his previous position as head coach at] Mississippi Valley State.

"I did," he said ... ."

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/06/09/2218847/uk-basketball-notebook-unforgettable.html#storylink=cpy

rijman
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Good stuff. GU's success is the goal of many schools. I am definitely one that is satisfied with GU's results, while wanting more, but very pleased with recent successes. Growing up with a dad who went to GU on a basketball scholarship in the 50's (and lived and breathed GU BB until his passing) you have a pretty good perspective of GU basketball. GU's recent successes thrilled my dad and all his buddies that played back then, so that's good enough for me.

JPtheBeasta
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Duke of the northwest?