PDA

View Full Version : Karviar Shepherd

thebigsmoove
06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Zags have offered 2013 Center/Forward Karviar Shepherd

Karviar Shepherd Profile (http://www.zagaholic.com/2012/06/recruit-profile-karviar-shepherd.html)

JPtheBeasta
06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
It appears the Zags are getting into Karviar's recruitment pretty late

My thoughts as well. Count me as skeptical that he will be a Zag.

BroncoZAG615
06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Odds: Zero point Zero.

From a Rivals article yesterday:

When asked what schools were recruiting him the hardest right now, Shepherd listed "Texas A&M, Texas, UCLA, SMU, Louisville, and Georgetown."

He says all of those schools have offered him a scholarship. As far as a timeframe on making a collegiate decision, Shepherd says, "Right now, I'm just focusing on playing ball," and says he has no idea when he will make a decision.

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1373269

Good looking prospect, though.

Hoping we can snag Malik Pope in 2014.

CDC84
06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
It's important that the Zags land a 2013 big man who can step in and play....maybe not starter's minutes, but as a quality reserve.....

BroncoZAG615
06-08-2012, 09:54 AM
It's important that the Zags land a 2013 big man who can step in and play....maybe not starter's minutes, but as a quality reserve.....

I'd LOVE a juco guy to fill this spot. Would be a great instant impact addition.

75Zag
06-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I have been sitting here in my bunker waiting for The Big Pole to win the National Player of the Year award 4 times in a row and show that punk Bill Walton where he can put his puny 3 times in a row National POY award, and here we are talking about landing a big man for 2013???

I thought The Big Pole had us covered from 13 - 17??

Huh?

Go Bulldogs!

sittingon50
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
What caused this young man to miss his Jr. year?

thebigsmoove
06-08-2012, 12:59 PM
What caused this young man to miss his Jr. year?

I believe he sat due to transfer rules, he moved from one program to another and they required him to sit...but i read this on another forum, so idk 100% for sure...

thebigsmoove
06-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Odds: Zero point Zero.

While you may be correct, the Zags did just offer him in the last 24-48 hours following the Pangos...and he isnt trying to make a decision soon, so perhaps there is still time to move up his list and secure a visit...

ZAGGED OUT
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I have been sitting here in my bunker waiting for The Big Pole to win the National Player of the Year award 4 times in a row and show that punk Bill Walton where he can put his puny 3 times in a row National POY award, and here we are talking about landing a big man for 2013???

I thought The Big Pole had us covered from 13 - 17??

Huh?

Go Bulldogs!

It's been a pretty general consensus that Karno will be a two year player at max. I'd love to see him stay four years but judging on how much he already debated skipping college entirely, it's clear that the league is on his mind

coolhandzag
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
The best thing about freshman is that they become sophomores

ZAGGED OUT
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
The best thing about freshman is that they become sophomores

Unless you play at Kentucky....

spudzag
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Not to sound negative, but it seems that a new offers are being handed out freely this spring. Seems like a throw it against the wall and see what sticks approach. Seems like an atypical approach compared to past years. An I missing something or do we jus tahve more information than in the past?

thebigsmoove
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Not to sound negative, but it seems that a new offers are being handed out freely this spring. Seems like a throw it against the wall and see what sticks approach. Seems like an atypical approach compared to past years. An I missing something or do we jus tahve more information than in the past?

In my opinion there is just more info out there with Zagaholic and Slipper competing to get you the little kernels of info that are falling out of the twitterverse and the internet...

ZagsGoZags
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
yes, and every year the tweeting
and leaking hits the 'internet fan'
more than the year before

NotoriousZ
06-08-2012, 03:51 PM

If we are offerring more of these upper-tier recruits than in the past, it could be because we have a better chance of snagging one or more of them now. Unless a kid is set on a "power" conference, the Zags have pretty much everything that recruit would want--national exposure, yearly trips to the NCAA's (knock on wood), and now Gonzaga has the guards that can get them the ball.

Success breeds success.

Shoot for the moon, we just might get there.

thebigsmoove
06-08-2012, 05:33 PM
If we are offerring more of these upper-tier recruits than in the past, it could be because we have a better chance of snagging one or more of them now. Unless a kid is set on a "power" conference, the Zags have pretty much everything that recruit would want--national exposure, yearly trips to the NCAA's (knock on wood), and now Gonzaga has the guards that can get them the ball.

Success breeds success.

Shoot for the moon, we just might get there.

My Sentiments exactly, why restrict our access to recruits to what "we might get", we should be in the big boys discussion, not the scrap heap...How else do you continue to grow the program? There are only so many Elias' and Karnowskis out there to go around, we cannot always make our living off of the diamonds in the rough...

willandi
06-08-2012, 06:28 PM
It's been a pretty general consensus that Karno will be a two year player at max. I'd love to see him stay four years but judging on how much he already debated skipping college entirely, it's clear that the league is on his mind

I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that he is a 2 year max Zag. It well may turn out that way, but he is aware that there are areas that need improvement, and Gonzaga is the place to do that. I would be more surprised if he left after two than three, but at this point, I expect him for four. Do you have any evidence otherwise?

75Zag
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that he is a 2 year max Zag. It well may turn out that way, but he is aware that there are areas that need improvement, and Gonzaga is the place to do that. I would be more surprised if he left after two than three, but at this point, I expect him for four. Do you have any evidence otherwise?

I like to think of GU as the Venus Flytrap of college basketball. If you come here, you are stuck playing your entire BB eligiblity regardless of your personal desire to move to the next level after 1, 2 or 3 years. If you leave early, the Holy Father in Rome and the GU community will cast you into the fires of Hell. You may want to move up, but our fans and commentators will explain why it would be evil for you to do so. You need to further your education. You need to adjust your values. You need to love Spokane more. You need to understand that loyalty to Boone Avenue is worth more than money. You need to understand that our valued GU alumni know what is best for you.

Amen.

Go Bulldogs.

ZagaZags
06-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I like to think of GU as the Venus Flytrap of college basketball. If you come here, you are stuck playing your entire BB eligiblity regardless of your personal desire to move to the next level after 1, 2 or 3 years. If you leave early, the Holy Father in Rome and the GU community will cast you into the fires of Hell. You may want to move up, but our fans and commentators will explain why it would be evil for you to do so. You need to further your education. You need to adjust your values. You need to love Spokane more. You need to understand that loyalty to Boone Avenue is worth more than money. You need to understand that our valued GU alumni know what is best for you.

Amen.

Go Bulldogs.

I wish we had that rule when we had Adam Morrison.

ZagsGoZags
06-09-2012, 08:14 AM
austin daye too

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM

I suspect that the coaching staff makes offers to dozens of kids in any given year. Of those, some show interest. Many don't.

I have no insider knowledge that would back this up, it's just a guess.

JAGzag
06-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Recruiting isn't an exact science - it reminds me of the desperate guy at the bar, putting out the vibe (picture Dumb and Dumber) to as many eligible ladies as possible ... hoping to just get a look or two.

Not to fuel an old fire, but wasn't Coach Daniels really going to help in this area. Has he?