PDA

View Full Version : Euro Cup 2012

bullzag23
06-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Starts in about 45 minutes, Poland vs Greece.

Who's your favorite?

I'm gunning for Germany because you can't beat a name like Schweinsteiger(and my german ancestry doesn't hurt).

Matches you're excited to see in the group round?

Netherlands/Germany
Italy/Spain
England/France

xjzico
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM
All the Group B games.

I'm kind of rooting for Ireland to be that inexplicable team a la Denmark in 1992 and Greece in 2004.

This morning I get cold feat and pull Russia's Alan Dzagoev from all but one of my fantasy teams and he subsequently goes for two goals today.:fingergun:

bullzag23
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
All the Group B games.

I'm kind of rooting for Ireland to be that inexplicable team a la Denmark in 1992 and Greece in 2004.

This morning I get cold feat and pull Russia's Alan Dzagoev from all but one of my fantasy teams and he subsequently goes for two goals today.:fingergun:

No luck for the Irish. First team eliminated from contention today. Netherlands(surprisingly) aren't too far away themselves since they practically need a miracle to get out of group B.

BobZag
06-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Glued to the set. Happy for the Greeks and Czechs. This is great stuff. Two emerge from the Group of Death today. I'll predict Germany and Portugal.

bullzag23
06-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Glued to the set. Happy for the Greeks and Czechs. This is great stuff. Two emerge from the Group of Death today. I'll predict Germany and Portugal.

Right you are. Stoked for Germany as a descendant but then again how could anyone cheer against a guy named Schweinsteiger?

Spain looks really good still. That team is insanely talented. Not sure if even Germany is good enough to match up. They win this tournament and they're in the conversation for all time best national team.

bullzag23
06-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Let the knockout stage begin! My picks in Bold:

Tomorrow:

Czech vs Portugal
Friday:

Germany v Greece

Saturday:

Spain v France

Sunday:

England v Italy

BobZag
06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Right you are. Stoked for Germany as a descendant but then again how could anyone cheer against a guy named Schweinsteiger?

Spain looks really good still. That team is insanely talented. Not sure if even Germany is good enough to match up. They win this tournament and they're in the conversation for all time best national team.

Schweinsteiger passes to Mario Gomez. Huh? lol.

BobZag
06-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Let the knockout stage begin! My picks in Bold:

Tomorrow:

Czech vs Portugal
Friday:

Germany v Greece

Saturday:

Spain v France

Sunday:

England v Italy

Can't argue with your picks, but I can see England and France pulling off upsets, and keep an eye on the Czechs, they were embarrassed in first game and have been atoning for it ever since; if Cech didn't totally blunder vs the Greeks, the Czechs would have two consecutive clean sheets coming into Portugal game. But your picks should advance into semis.

bullzag23
06-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Can't argue with your picks, but I can see England and France pulling off upsets, and keep an eye on the Czechs, they were embarrassed in first game and have been atoning for it ever since; if Cech didn't totally blunder vs the Greeks, the Czechs would have two consecutive clean sheets coming into Portugal game. But your picks should advance into semis.

I see 3 of the 4 as close matches. Germany should dominate Greece, at least on paper, but that's why the play the games. I think the best matchups will be England/Italy and Czech/Portugal.

BobZag
06-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Portugal beats Czech Republic with a Ronaldo header. Czechs really battled but Portugal looked the better team and deserved the win.

Yeah, Germany should make short work of Greece, but never sell those Greeks short. They are unpredictable and pulled it off a few years ago.

bullzag23
06-27-2012, 02:37 PM
2 games in a row now settled by PKs. Really hoping GER/ITA bucks the trend...

asoc
06-28-2012, 07:36 AM
I started watching Spain vs Portugal and was bored... went out and did yard work instead. Came back and caught the end and PKs then went out and did more yard work.

I bet Germany vs Italy is a better game.

bullzag23
06-28-2012, 09:26 AM
I started watching Spain vs Portugal and was bored... went out and did yard work instead. Came back and caught the end and PKs then went out and did more yard work.

I bet Germany vs Italy is a better game.

I hope you're right. I really wish I could catch the game....but I'm stuck at work instead :explode: