Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Robert Hubbs

Zags offered this guy yesterday:

Robert Hubbs Profile
  • ZAGGED OUT
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2012

Not getting my hopes too high on the particular recruit given his offer list and all. However, I am excited to see that it appears (with this recruits and possibly ramello carter) that the staff is pushing for recruits in areas we have not had success before. Would like to see it pay off with someone

Comment

• thebigsmoove
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZAGGED OUT View Post
      Not getting my hopes too high on the particular recruit given his offer list and all. However, I am excited to see that it appears (with this recruits and possibly ramello carter) that the staff is pushing for recruits in areas we have not had success before. Would like to see it pay off with someone
      My thoughts exactly, even if we finish in this guys top 5, it might be a victory in developing more contact in the southeast and pushing the GU name out there...

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
        Administrator
        • Apr 2009

The staff is making a big push to get a Top-50 wing and pushing the regional boundaries a bit to find them. The recruiting pitch is easy to make, "Come to Gonzaga. We're loaded with talent everywhere but at your specific position. You'll get lots of playing time and play with excellent players at every other position."

If they make that pitch to enough Top-50 recruits, they just might land one of them.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Sweet.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZAGGED OUT
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
            Sweet.
            Awfully short responses on both recruits from BobZag. Let the speculating begin lol

Comment

• CDC84
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

If they make that pitch to enough Top-50 recruits, they just might land one of them.
              Seems like a good policy to me.

I have a feeling - and this is just my take - that the GU staff might have some sort of "in" with Hubbs. You almost never see them offer a top 25 player from the east coast who is already being heavily recruited by the biggies.

Comment

• Vanzagger
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

the pitch

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                The staff is making a big push to get a Top-50 wing and pushing the regional boundaries a bit to find them. The recruiting pitch is easy to make, "Come to Gonzaga. We're loaded with talent everywhere but at your specific position. You'll get lots of playing time and play with excellent players at every other position."

should also be...there's no better place to play college hoops, bar none.

Now go get some!
                Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

Working...
                X