PDA

View Full Version : Best Seniors according to SI.

MDABE80
06-02-2012, 07:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_glockner/06/01/seniors.to.watch/index.html?sct=cb_t11_a0

Thinking further than a possible "second weekend" appearance, I think this team has the most talent since the 2006 team.
2-3 very good guards, a superior center, and Elias. Sam, Kelly and one more kid who gets better and we do have a S 16 team easily. If Della doesn't win the MVP, I'm certain Elias will. Elais might win it anyway.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-03-2012, 06:26 AM
All three of the WCC mentions are very, very good players and deserving of the recognition. I still the think the MVP award is Delly's to lose.

gamagin
06-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I like Delly, but I don't believe he will be able to play his game as much as he did last year. Unless he has grown a foot.

If he gets free reign, at least against us, it will be because we fail to realize he is about 40-60% of their game, the quarterback, whether driving, dishing or shooting.

And needs to be guarded with respect, and accordingly.

Nevada Don
06-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I like Delly, but I don't believe he will be able to play his game as much as he did last year. Unless he has grown a foot.

If he gets free reign, at least against us, it will be because we fail to realize he is about 40-60% of their game, the quarterback, whether driving, dishing or shooting.

And needs to be guarded with respect, and accordingly.

Since the WCC possible MVP was brought up for 2012/2013, I obviously don't know who it will be based on their numbers and play for the 16 conference games. But, regarding Dellavedova, some thoughts.

1) it's likely that he will make the Australian Olympic team this summer along with Patty Mills and possible other former Gaels Daniel Kickert and even Mitchell Young, outdide chances. How will Delly's olympic involvement affect his WCC season, plusses and maybe some minuses?

2) Last year the Gaels had three playable guards on the roster. Delly played about every minute and he should break the record for all time minutes played in a career, maybe for the entire NCAA, not sure. However, this year the Gaels will have potentially six very playable roster guards in addition to Delly, Holt and Page they will add James Walker (still not officially confirmed), along with redshirts Paul McCoy and Matt Guisti. Obviously Delly will get however many minutes he wants, the Gaels will have more scoring threats with Walker and McCoy. Holt should be better offensively too. What does it mean? One could expect Delly's assists to go up and his scoring to go down. I believe he will have also have more assist possibilities in the paint even with the absense of Rob Jones. Delly has never been a pure shooter nor has that ever been his first option as a play maker.

Next season, I would expect Dellavedova to be an even better player with his outstanding intangibles, but whether or not that translates to another MVP (how the Gaels will do overall will too be a factor in an MVP selection) is TBD.