PDA

View Full Version : Downs v Daye

Zag509
07-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Compare, contrast, and anaylize.

From what I have gathered they sound very alike. Having not ever seen Daye play, anybody care to adress the above issues?

Downs is clearly skinny, he is long, tall for a gaurd/forward, and athletic. Not to mention very skilled. It sounds like Austin is extreamly similar. Ive heard he is not quite as athletic, but perhaps better and creating a shot. Is that fair?

CDC84
07-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Micah and Daye are similiar in some ways but quite different. Micah is a better long distance shooter than Daye, whereas Daye has a larger offensive arsenal and has a much better mid range game. Both guys can block shots and rebound, but because Austin is 2 inches taller than Downs and has a bigger wingspan, he can do more in those areas. Downs has better hops, Daye has better handles and is a better passer.

BobZag
07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
509 has a pretty good feel for how the two are. I think Downs is equal to Daye in the handles department, and he surprised me with his penetration and dishing (to Sacre when I watched). I'd say Daye kinda has Ammo's game (with solid defense/shotblocking) while Downs is a pure shooter with a very nice skill set similar to Richie Frahm. Downs will stuff shots as well.

Look for both to be on the floor at the same time.

Zag509
07-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys.

Man imagine the line up....

Bouldin-6'5''
Downs-6'8''
Daye-6'10''
Heytvelt-6'11''
Sacre-7'

Wow

Not to mention a super athletic 6'2'' potential AA, a 6'4'' shooter, a few true dirty work D guys and maybe, just maybe, a little 7'5'' action.

Match-up chaos for the other team

jazzdelmar
07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Sounds like DD cd be the Zags' Sean Elliott......