PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com top 75 for 2014

CDC84
05-23-2012, 10:06 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2014

Malik Pope comes in at 45, Namon Wright at 74. Both show Zag offers.

SLOZag
05-27-2012, 01:24 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2014

Malik Pope comes in at 45 ... show[s] Zag offer ... .

Eric Bossi, Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst, discussing Pope:

"During April's live period, we got enough of a look at 2014 wing Malik Pope to know that he was easily a four-start talent.

After watching him more closely in Texas, it's clear that the long and rangy 6-foot-7 sophomore is deserving of that status and possibly even more when it's all said and done.

Because he is tall and has length, Pope has the look of a kid who has probably played most of his basketball life in the paint. However, he has true wing skills and shows the ability to hit pull-up jump shots, slash on the break and move his feet defensively in space against smaller players.

Pope appears to be a prospect who is on the verge of a breakout summer and has already drawn offers from California, Arizona, USC, Baylor, Gonzaga, Boise State and UNLV."

Some pretty stiff competition lined up for us already.

bostonzagfan
05-27-2012, 05:10 PM
even if we don't end up with a XRM, harris, malik pope, or these top 50-100 guys, it is good to see we are in on them. the more of them we are in on, the more we will get

MDABE80
05-27-2012, 05:43 PM
We're going to need a collection of top 100-150 kids who can be milded into the right unit. Little by little we're getting those kids. TEAM is most important. Good kids....good players who are better together. I think we're pretty close in the upcoming year. Elias, Karno ( who apparently would be a top 100 kid if he'd been in the US), Kevin and Gary....through in Sam, KO.... excellent core. We are short on that wing though. Perhaps Edi and Mike will be improved this year. Edi did well at the end of the season. Hart always did well.

Future depends on good recruiting. We have time to find those top 100 kids. We have Kelly and Sam for two more years. We should be fine. We do need a superior wing though.

bostonzagfan
05-28-2012, 07:59 AM
We're going to need a collection of top 100-150 kids who can be milded into the right unit. Little by little we're getting those kids. TEAM is most important. Good kids....good players who are better together. I think we're pretty close in the upcoming year. Elias, Karno ( who apparently would be a top 100 kid if he'd been in the US), Kevin and Gary....through in Sam, KO.... excellent core. We are short on that wing though. Perhaps Edi and Mike will be improved this year. Edi did well at the end of the season. Hart always did well.

Future depends on good recruiting. We have time to find those top 100 kids. We have Kelly and Sam for two more years. We should be fine. We do need a superior wing though.

hopefully dranginis is that wing. we have him for 4 more years.

something i just realized is that i haven't heard anything about the staff recruiting any bigs. i think that we need a 2013 big, no? sam and kelly will be srs. I guess he could be a 2014 big and start as a freshman, but that seems unlikely unless he is a top 100 guy.

just remembered miekle. if no other bigs sign on (too premature to say this) he would be starting as a sophomore at pf I think?

they must be going after some bigs.

roxdoc
05-28-2012, 09:36 AM
And what if the big K is two and through? Yikes!