PDA

View Full Version : Recruit this weekend. . .

ZagFanInNC
05-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Appearantly somebody is going to visit this weekend, it may have been posted elsewhere but here is a look at the current players who might be there.

Samuel Dower Jr.‏@DoloDower

Yeah Bro come mess wit us one weekend haha RT @GBell_5: @DoloDower you back in Spokane bro??

14h Gary Bell Jr.‏@GBell_5

@DoloDower they want me to come back this weekend for the recruit but idk

14h Samuel Dower Jr.‏@DoloDower

@GBell_5 yeah try to come back if u can, but if you can't then its all good

Also. . .

G-Baby‏@llcoollandry

First day workout was a KILLER...cant feel my lower or upper body @DoloDower @BigKelz13 @dstockton32

So after this Twitter stalking what do we know? A recruit is coming this weekend, the players on campus are Stockton, Kelly, Sam, Guy and maybe GBJ

Elaborate with more info if you know it. . .

ZAGGED OUT
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Here's an idea, lets just start posting every twitter post from GU players and make crazy assumptions that will probably be completely wrong.....oh wait.....this is already happening. Sorry but I think this "twitter stalking" is getting out of hand. Give it a rest and just wait a bit

ZagNative
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Zagged Out, it's a legitimate question. There is pparently a recruit going to be on campus this weekend.

I saw Gary's twitter reference to a visiting recruit and had the same questions. Who is it, and which players will be around to meet him? Only two I know for sure are in town are Sam and Guy.

kingzag
05-22-2012, 01:38 PM
:
Here's an idea, lets just start posting every twitter post from GU players and make crazy assumptions that will probably be completely wrong.....oh wait.....this is already happening. Sorry but I think this "twitter stalking" is getting out of hand. Give it a rest and just wait a bit

I don`t see a problem with posting this info. I think lots of us are interested when a recruit visits. Just chill out bro.

Zagsker
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Twitter....lol

ZAGGED OUT
05-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm as interested as anyone when it comes to a recruit visiting, but I just think the twitter thing is being blown out of proportion. I'm sure players browse these boards and I would find it annoying if half of my twitter posts were being disected by a million people who are speculating. I know that this is how we get through the offseason, I just think we should utilize different resources.

Zagsker
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm as interested as anyone when it comes to a recruit visiting, but I just think the twitter thing is being blown out of proportion. I'm sure players browse these boards and I would find it annoying if half of my twitter posts were being disected by a million people who are speculating. I know that this is how we get through the offseason, I just think we should utilize different resources.

lets be honest...Twitter is not designed for people to share things in secret...personally I find it funny and sad that people actually follow "celebrities" twitter stuff

thebigsmoove
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
14h Gary Bell Jr.‏@GBell_5

@DoloDower they want me to come back this weekend for the recruit but idk

14h Samuel Dower Jr.‏@DoloDower

@GBell_5 yeah try to come back if u can, but if you can't then its all good

I wonder if this was meant to be direct messaged, im sure the staff doesnt like info like this leaked out...

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sure players browse these boards and I would find it annoying if half of my twitter posts were being disected by a million people who are speculating.

Isn't the whole point of Twitter for other people to read your Tweets? If someone doesn't want random people to reading his/her Tweets, then one ought not have a Twitter account.

ZAGGED OUT
05-22-2012, 02:46 PM
yes, the point of twitter is for others to read your tweets. However, a normal person tweeting is different then a celeb. Celebs tweet and expect 1,000,000 people to read and react to their post. These guys are just college students, that's all I'm trying to get across here. They have twitter's and facebook's to interact with friends, not so all of Spokane and ZagNation can try to decipher their every sentence. Just my two cents, but to each their own.

whatazag
05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
how can a system that is as hard to understand as twitter become so popular?

KStyles
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
yes, the point of twitter is for others to read your tweets. However, a normal person tweeting is different then a celeb. Celebs tweet and expect 1,000,000 people to read and react to their post. These guys are just college students, that's all I'm trying to get across here. They have twitter's and facebook's to interact with friends, not so all of Spokane and ZagNation can try to decipher their every sentence. Just my two cents, but to each their own.

It may not be 1,000,000 people, but you've got to think that with around 1,900 followers, GBJ expects (or at least should expect) more people than just his 20 closest friends to read his comments.

While not celebs, per se, GU basketball players are definitely somewhat of "celebrities" in Spokane. At least, more so than the average Gonzaga student.

JPtheBeasta
05-22-2012, 03:34 PM
So...hypothetically, if Dower was asked to be around campus for the recruit, is the university allowed to fly him over here from Minnesota?

cjm720
05-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Zagged Out - not sure if you understand what Twitter is...LOL. Chill dude

ZagNative
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
So...hypothetically, if Dower was asked to be around campus for the recruit, is the university allowed to fly him over here from Minnesota?Sam and Guy are both enrolled in the first Summer School Session, which began on May 21. (See the Academic Calendar (http://www.gonzaga.edu/About/Academic-Calendar/default.asp))

JPtheBeasta
05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Sam and Guy are both enrolled in the first Summer School Session, which began on May 21. (See the Academic Calendar (http://www.gonzaga.edu/About/Academic-Calendar/default.asp))

Word. I missed that detail earlier. I will return to back under my rock and ponder the moral turpitude of Twitter.

KStyles
05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Word. I missed that detail earlier. I will return to back under my rock and ponder the moral turpitude of Twitter.

I'm nearly 100% sure that the University flying him over from MN for a recruiting visit wouldn't be allowed if he did happen to be at home. Competitions during institutional vacations are a bit of a different story, but there's still a ton of rules on those too.

zagapotomus
05-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Is this who we're talking about?

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2012/5/18/3029550/zags-set-to-host-another-european-talent

hockeyzag
05-22-2012, 04:43 PM

If they cared that much about people reading their tweets they probably would have just texted each other that information.

BobZag
05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
One would assume Jaiteh, but I ain't saying for sure.

ZagaZags
05-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I asked around if Jaiteh came last weekend. I heard he should be here next week. So i hope the visit goes well.

ZagNative
05-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Hmmm....

Eurohopes ‏@Eurohopes

Mouhammadou Jaiteh ('94), already arrived to USA to visit Washington and Gonzaga #ncaa #france

hondo
05-27-2012, 09:06 AM
The weather here today is very much like Paris.

gamagin
05-27-2012, 09:34 AM

I'm still offended when passersby point & stare at me. Some of them are even brazen enough to laugh. Out loud. Especially when the they are waiting for the light to change. It's as if they have nothing better to do.

But wait, it gets worse. Some of these "busybodies" are offended. They complain, to the cops, and set off a whole string of overreactions.

This happens over and over.

I'm with you, here. Whatever happened to the right to privacy ??

BobZag
05-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Not a good image, gammy.