PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pacific's Head Coach Retires

SageOfZagville
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
There was some board chatter at the time the WCC added Pacific to the fold, about bad blood between Few and Thomason. Not relevant now.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7956989/pacific-tigers-coach-bob-thomason-retire-2012-13-season

BobZag
05-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Pacific coach Bob Thomason announces his retirement after the 2012-13 season. Thomason had longstanding respected career in Stockton.

Malastein
05-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Gotta think they'll find a solid replacement. Or it could be a revolving door of coaches for the next 10 years.

madness
05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Possible Giacoletti opp? Would have to think the spot is attractive with their entry into WCC? If I'm a Bay Area assistant I'm on the phone with Pac AD now.

SWZag
05-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't think Giacoletti would want the job. It's hard enough playing Grier at USD. I'm a bit disappointed by the news. I thought Thomason did a pretty good job at Pacific. With Ted Leland as the AD, I do think they'll end up with a good coach for their entry into the WCC.

Thomason Announces Retirement Following 2012-13 Season (http://pacifictigers.com/sports/m-baskbl/2011-12/releases/20120521a30h3h)

His legacy is certain at Pacific, not only in the wins on the floor, but the wins off the court. Under Thomason's guidance, 96% of his student-athletes that have finished their eligibility at Pacific have earned their degrees. Pacific has a long history of its athletes achieving the highest GPAs in the Big West Conference -- with graduation rates and GPAs that often are much higher than the NCAA average. As Thomason has coached, recruited and driven the Pacific program for the last 24 years, he has posted four All-Americans (Michael Olowokandi, Miah Davis, David Doubley, Christian Maraker), a number one overall NBA draft pick (Olowokandi) and 59 All-Big West Conference awards.

SWZag

CDC84
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
It would seem to me that RayG wants to get back to his midwestern roots.....