PDA

View Full Version : USA tops France and advances

Nevtelen
07-21-2007, 01:31 PM
A squeaker and a come-from-behind win for the US (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/langid/1/newsid/20805/arti.html)over Les Bleuets (hope I spelled that right...). Sounds like we're facing off against the home-town team for the championship.

Bouldin had another lackluster performance saddled with fouls. In 10 mins he was 1/4 from the field with 1 board and 4 fouls. Ouch.

BobZag
07-21-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm not worried about his offense.

It's the number of fouls that sticks out like a sore thumb.

dim4sum
07-21-2007, 06:17 PM
My recommendation is that both Bouldin and Pendo take ballet class before the season starts, so that they develop the finesse to go through the season without picking up tacky fouls.

MickMick
07-21-2007, 08:08 PM
The international game is called a little different than the WCC.

Remember how the rest of the WCC tried to "thug" Morrison? A player with lesser fire could have been intimidated. Although there were a lot of no-calls, Ammo still found his way to the line enough.
Some of the roughest play I have seen were in WCC contests...primarily because of how the games were called.

I am not concerned about Bouldin enduring foul problems this upcoming season and if he does have trouble, then insert Ira, Steven, or Micah.

There many reasons why we are so excited about the team's depth. Potential foul trouble is one of em.

soonerterp
07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
My recommendation is that both Bouldin and Pendo take ballet class before the season starts, so that they develop the finesse to go through the season without picking up tacky fouls.

Oh thank you so much. Now I'm going to go to bed with visions of big, awkward (but not unattractive) guys wearing toe shoes and tights plodding around to "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy" and it isn't even Christmas.

dim4sum
07-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Really what I had in mind was the pas de deux from Swan Lake. How in the world would they ever foul again after mastering that.