PDA

View Full Version : About that West Virginia game...

BobZag
05-17-2012, 03:44 PM
According to the Athletic Director of WVU (Oliver Luck), the game will be in Spokane. Now, I doubt Few would agree unless it were to be in The Kennel, then back on WVU's campus arena the next year. If Huggy wants to play a game on Neutral courts, then it's Spokane Arena and wherever a neutral court is in or near Morgantown.

If in K2, which I believe it will be, then that gives der Zags:

Baylor (Big 12)
Illinois (Big Ten)
West Virginia (Big East)

Okay, I lost track, where are das Zags playing K-State? Seattle?

MDABE80
05-17-2012, 04:07 PM
That's AMAZING scheduling for the Kennel. Dr Krause should be sent roses. I just hope the students are around!!!

ID ZAGFAN
05-17-2012, 04:46 PM
TonyCaridi
‏@TonyCaridi
Follow

Oliver Luck tells crowd in Shepherdstown that WVU men's basketball will play at Gonzaga this coming season in Spokane. #WVU

That should clarify it if Tony is correct. I pulled this tweet off the WVU site. SSF also retweeted this.

ZaGranny

Birddog
05-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Clarification: West Virginia will be in the Big 12, not the Big East, still........

ZagaZags
05-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Any chance this is going to be the RMD game in arena?

kitzbuel
05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I know where I'll be going next year.

CDC84
05-17-2012, 07:11 PM
It's odd that Gonzaga could potentially play them at the Old Spice Classic as well.....just a week or two later after the K2 show down. Even when Gonzaga played Tennessee two times in the same season a few years ago, one game took place in November and the other in January.

ZagaZags
05-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I wonder if this could be a part of ESPNs 24 hour marathon.

Birddog
05-18-2012, 04:55 AM
The Zags could potentially be playing Big 12 opponents 5 times next season:
Kansas St.
WVU (possibly 2 times)
Baylor
Oklahoma St (still up in the air)

VaBeachZAG
05-18-2012, 05:07 AM
I thought Oklahoma St. in Stillwater was a lock for the upcoming season.

Birddog
05-18-2012, 06:25 AM

Others. presumably more in the "know" have stated that the game is not yet set. The Zags owe OSU a return but rumors are that Travis Ford wants to soften his OOC schedule. His job is on the line this year. I really hope the game happens as it is just 50 miles ups the road for me and Gallagher/Iba is a great venue, one of the classics for sure.

titopoet
05-18-2012, 06:44 AM
According to the Athletic Director of WVU (Oliver Luck), the game will be in Spokane. Now, I doubt Few would agree unless it were to be in The Kennel, then back on WVU's campus arena the next year. If Huggy wants to play a game on Neutral courts, then it's Spokane Arena and wherever a neutral court is in or near Morgantown.

If in K2, which I believe it will be, then that gives der Zags:

Baylor (Big 12)
Illinois (Big Ten)
West Virginia (Big East)

Okay, I lost track, where are das Zags playing K-State? Seattle?

Sorry to correct you but
Baylor (Big 12)
Illinois (Big Ten)
West Virginia (Big 12) as West Virginia has moved
with KSU at Seattle that means three top level Big 12 teams playing home or semi-home

titopoet
05-18-2012, 07:11 AM

I think Bob, and I say this with fear and trembling out of speaking for Bob, that the ones he mentioned are home or semi home games (KSU). That is why he also did not mention WSU and Butler as those will be on the road.

BobZag
05-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I can't keep up with all this reallignment going on. I might just say BCS from now on. :)

sittingon50
05-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Probably a good strategy, BZ. I heard TCU & BSU joined the WCC yesterday but are already gone to greener pastures today!!