PDA

View Full Version : Darin Johnson 2013 guard

RRZagFan
05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I scanned through and didn't see this posted.

@GTuckerF150: 2013 guard Darin Johnson @D_NASTYJFAM of Play Hard Play Smart (CA) has unofficial visits scheduled: http://t.co/LGw7JgAt

cggonzaga
05-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Has offers from SCU, St. Mary's, USF, Fresno St and WSU. Awesome athleticism but the overall game needs work. Low release point on jump shot. We have plenty of schollies for 2013 though so start filling em up

thebigsmoove
05-16-2012, 07:10 AM
according to a recent interview he stated that he has already visited wazzu, so this will be his second time in pullman...hmmm

Recruit Profile: Darin Johnson (http://www.zagaholic.com/2012/05/recruit-profile-darin-johnson.html)

hooter73
05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh I like him. A fast, athletic slashing guard that finishes strong. If he can D up then I like him even more. Pargo didnt have much of an outside or point guard game when he first came here either so being in need of a little work looks fine to me.

75Zag
05-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Has offers from SCU, St. Mary's, USF, Fresno St and WSU.. . .

Perhaps a great kid and I wish him well. But if the point is to get GU to a Final Four in the next couple years, I don't think stealing recruits from the named schools is going to do the job. GU needs to be snatching kids from the jaws of Kentucky and Duke and Kansas and UCLA, not from Fresno St. And I mean no disrespect to Fresno St.

jazzdelmar
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Perhaps a great kid and I wish him well. But if the point is to get GU to a Final Four in the next couple years, I don't think stealing recruits from the named schools is going to do the job. GU needs to be snatching kids from the jaws of Kentucky and Duke and Kansas and UCLA, not from Fresno St. And I mean no disrespect to Fresno St.

you mean like we just did? :) amen.

LongIslandZagFan
05-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Bring in a kid that needs work. Redshirt him... They have depth right now and it's a way to stick it to the other teams in conference. Win win on a few levels"

DagsZags
05-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Truth. There are already a lot of other potential recruits out there who look to already have a more complete game. Work hard to get DJ Fenner, Namon Wright, and Xavier Rathan-Mayes out here. I'd be ecstatic with any of those three