PDA

View Full Version : All-Freshman Team - Przemek Karnowski

Jakester425
05-15-2012, 08:58 AM
The bench

C Przemek Karnowski, Gonzaga
Background: 7-1/280; unranked prospect from Torun, Poland
Buzz: Karnowski (his name is pronounced Puh-shemick Car-now-ski) signed with the Zags last month, and if he lives up to the hype he has been compared to Marc Gasol Gonzaga will be one of the top three teams on the West Coast. As with many European big men, Karnowksi has a high basketball IQ and has a nice all-around game. He has played on the Polish Junior National team and in several European championship tournaments, among them the 2008 U16 European Championship, the 2009 U16 European Championship, the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship, the 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship and the 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship. This past season, Karnowski played in Poland's top league and averaged 10.1 points, 4.4 rebounds and shot 54 percent from the floor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--all-freshman-team-boasts-a-lot-of-firepower.html;_ylt=AvJETSAM1jt.sc6kNaB7mdbevbYF

LongIslandZagFan
05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Very cool. Hope they hype is right...

Also noted this... And so it begins...

C Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
Background: 6-10/200; five-star recruit from Tilton (N.H.) The Tilton School
Buzz: The NCAA is investigating Noel's background, specifically his ties with two men from the Boston area, where he grew up. Regardless of the inquiry, Noel is a defensive difference-maker. While he lacks bulk, he is athletic and already has advanced shot-blocking techniques. His offense remains somewhat raw, but his defense and rebounding make up for that. Noel reclassified as a senior during the school year.

75Zag
05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
"And God said, Jesus - get thee away from here soest I may bringeth my newest chosen one - Bol Kong - to sitteth at my right side.

. . .

And then God said, Bol Kong, get thee away from here soest I may bringeth my newest chosen one - The Big Pole - to sitteth at my right side.

Amen.

MDABE80
05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Rarified air.... If Bell and ELias are top 10 at their positions AND Kevin is say a 10 for his. Now comes Karno as a frosh in that category (described by Hugenin), we might be closer to a top 10 rating than I thought. I'm kind of surprised he rates Karno so high. I'd like to see a few games before we annoint him. BUT with him on board, seems like the sky is the limit.

Still, we need that WING!!!

KStyles
05-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Very cool. Hope they hype is right...

Also noted this... And so it begins...

Eamonn Brennan had a blog post with a few more details about it last week:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/58869/ncaa-investigating-nerlens-noel-of-course

Zagcity
05-15-2012, 12:47 PM
"And God said, Jesus - get thee away from here soest I may bringeth my newest chosen one - Bol Kong - to sitteth at my right side.

. . .

And then God said, Bol Kong, get thee away from here soest I may bringeth my newest chosen one - The Big Pole - to sitteth at my right side.

Amen.

Just be thankful he's not the anointed one :pray:

CDC84
05-15-2012, 01:02 PM
When a kid turns down visitation offers from Kansas and Duke, he's probably destined for some preseason publicity.

tinfoilzag
05-15-2012, 01:16 PM
...and if he lives up to the hype...Gonzaga will be one of the top three teams on the West Coast.

Weren't we there without him?

I know SDSU is there but Arizona and UCLA haven't proven anything yet. If The Big Pole decided to redshirt, we are still top 3 West Coast.

That said, I prefer to be underestimated.

Gonswagga
05-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Weren't we there without him?

I know SDSU is there but Arizona and UCLA haven't proven anything yet. If The Big Pole decided to redshirt, we are still top 3 West Coast.

That said, I prefer to be underestimated.

UNLV looks real scary too...