PDA

View Full Version : Zags mention as marker

SweetOnionZag
05-15-2012, 04:04 AM
"Not even Gonzaga gets this much talent".

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/19045015/unlv-returns-to-national-stage-thanks-in-part-to-canadian-import-bennett

JPtheBeasta
05-15-2012, 06:18 AM
I don't know a) how they were able to land all those guys and b) how they are going to keep them all happy.

Birddog
05-15-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't know a) how they were able to land all those guys and b) how they are going to keep them all happy.
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

hondo
05-15-2012, 06:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB6QhoB6GWQ&feature=related

JPtheBeasta
05-15-2012, 07:41 AM
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

You're right :] I probably don't want to know. I would become some combination of disgusted and depressed.

BobZag
05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I read somewhere that the new Morehead State coach vowed to be "The Gonzaga of the south."

Jakester425
05-15-2012, 10:34 AM
I read somewhere that the new Morehead State coach vowed to be "The Gonzaga of the south."

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/05/14/2187420/sean-woods-promises-morehead-state.html

MDABE80
05-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Pointing out that Zags were/are predictied TOP 20 BEFORE Karno signed.
This will be a fascinating season.......5 months till formal practice and 3 mores weeks till tipoff.

ZagFanInNC
05-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Bennett, Reinhardt and Birch and two others. That is a REALLY good class, especially for a mid-major

Bogozags
05-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Bennett, Reinhardt and Birch and two others. That is a REALLY good class, especially for a mid-major

Many may not agree with this but I believe UNLV will dominate this year and with Bennnett will be a strong top ten program and possibly the BEST team on the West Coast.

If we had a strong SF, then I think we would be as tough as UNLV and stronger than UCLA as after last year, I question UCLA's heart.

I believe that UNLV, GU and UCLA will be the best teams west of the Mississippi...just my opinion

SweetOnionZag
05-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Many may not agree with this but I believe UNLV will dominate this year and with Bennnett will be a strong top ten program and possibly the BEST team on the West Coast.

If we had a strong SF, then I think we would be as tough as UNLV and stronger than UCLA as after last year, will question UCLA's heart.

I believe that UNLV, GU and UCLA will be the best teams west of the Mississippi...just my opinion

Remember Texas, Creighton, SDSU, Baylor, Kansas and Zona.....All ranked in the preseason top 25 and all west of the Miss......Just kidding...I knew what you meant.....

Bogozags
05-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Remember Texas, Creighton, SDSU, Baylor, Kansas and Zona.....All ranked in the preseason top 25 and all west of the Miss......Just kidding...I knew what you meant.....

SWZ actually, I was taking in ALL teams west of the Mississippi inconsideration as with our depth and the strength of recruiting by UNLV and UCLA, they far out-weigh those BCS schools as well as SDSU...again just my opinion.

Baylor and KU lost strong, key members of their team to the NBA and AZ has the pieces but don't know if they know how they will all fit and Creighton has a pretty stout team but believe GU's bench is as strong as any of those teams...also, if we pick up another sharp shooting SF, we will be extremely tough at both ends of the court...IMHO.

SweetOnionZag
05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
SWZ actually, I was taking in ALL teams west of the Mississippi inconsideration as with our depth and the strength of recruiting by UNLV and UCLA, they far out-weigh those BCS schools as well as SDSU...again just my opinion.

Baylor and KU lost strong, key members of their team to the NBA and AZ has the pieces but don't know if they know how they will all fit and Creighton has a pretty stout team but believe GU's bench is as strong as any of those teams...also, if we pick up another sharp shooting SF, we will be extremely tough at both ends of the court...IMHO.

Yup..Yup................you're right...Except for the Jay's, I don't think any have as many returning minutes (Remember KO) as the Zags. I think, come March, all those young teams will be coming into their own.....especially the ones that have better coaches than UCLA and UNLV. I'll leave it up to others to determine who has better coaches......How much we improve during the season will have alot to do with how many weekends we play in March. We certainly have the talent and I think we'll be just fine at the 3....

Coach Crazy
05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
You're right :] I probably don't want to know. I would become some combination of disgusted and depressed.

Probably illegal benny's.

Maybe they went the Coach Cal route and started handing out bags of money?

JPtheBeasta
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Probably illegal benny's.

Maybe they went the Coach Cal route and started handing out bags of money?

And Vegas is such a dirty town for stuff like that. I understand how UNLV has some natural draw because of the, ahem, ammenities, but the sudden influx of talent has to catch the NCAA's attention. I watched Baylor start getting all of their recent talent wondering what was going on down there, and they ended up with recruiting violations (granted somewhat minor; too many phone calls, it think). Time will tell, I guess.

Bouldin4Prez
05-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Bennett looks to me like a top 5 pick in next years draft. the explosiveness mixed with a good looking jump shot will land him a high pick, I don't care if he project to be a tweener.