PDA

View Full Version : Campus visits on dead campus?

Zag 77
05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
I just wonder if scheduling campus visits this time of year is somewhat of a negative. Nobody around (at least until summer school) and there is not much campus life even during summer school. Plus, the recruits will not get to sample the wonderful Sodexho cuisine. Recruits may get to play some pickup games I suppose, but overall I wonder what there is to show/do.

This has to be a disadvantage compared to schools that are on a quarter system and don't let out until June.

gu03alum
05-14-2012, 09:09 AM
I just wonder if scheduling campus visits this time of year is somewhat of a negative. Nobody around (at least until summer school) and there is not much campus life even during summer school. Plus, the recruits will not get to sample the wonderful Sodexho cuisine. Recruits may get to play some pickup games I suppose, but overall I wonder what there is to show/do.

This has to be a disadvantage compared to schools that are on a quarter system and don't let out until June.

Have you seen Gonzaga after all of the students leave? It's beautiful. The sun comes out. The trees have leaves. There are flowers. If they come any other time of the year they might run into snow, ice, and cold temps. May through August is the best time of the year in Spokane.

SwainZag
05-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I will 2nd that. I worked at the bookstore the summer after my sophomore year and lived just off campus, and campus during the summer is gorgeous. I loved it. I was actually semi-bummed out when fall came around to see it get so populated again. Then again fall meant basketball was coming soon, so not too big of a bummer ;)

kylasdad
05-14-2012, 07:58 PM
As long as high quality recruits are visiting spokane, I am happy. Doesn't matter to me the month.