PDA

View Full Version : Karnowski vs. Mönninghoff June 5 in Berlin

ZagNative
05-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Mathis and Karnowski have both been invited to training camp for their respective national U20 teams this summer, and their teams, Poland and Germany, will play a warm up game in Berlin on June 5 (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.basketball-bund.de/news/teams/jugend/u20-herren/u20-herren-testen-gegen-polen-110534%3Futm_source%3Drss%26utm_medium%3Drss%26utm _campaign%3Du20-herren-testen-gegen-polen&ei=D8yrT5SBE4OY2AW06MimAg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CEsQ7gEwAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMathis%2BM%25C3%25B6nninghoff%2BOR%2B Monninghoff%2BOR%2BMoenninghoff%2B-guboards%2B-slipperstillfits%2B-sbnation%26num%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26tbs%3Dqdr: d%26prmd%3Dimvns). Should be fun to follow.

German camp opens May 14 and runs to the 21st.

Mathis in a game v. Greece last summer:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qcX_rcd8PeY/Tir7aRaHJoI/AAAAAAABR74/TSyYFXV17Zc/s560/2011-07-22%2520Mathis%2520Monninghoff%2520Greece.jpg

Go Zags!

(I assume both will accept their invitations and will make the team. Hopefully, Mathis plans to be back on the Boone Avenue campus this fall.)

rijman
05-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info. I agree, I hope Hoff is still with us this fall.

dnj116
05-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Well since May 16 is the final signing day for recruits next fall, does the same hold true for transfers?? Am I correct in assuming that if Monninghoff does not transfer by May 16 he will be around this fall?

I join in the sentiment in hoping he stays with the Zags. In my opinion, the commitment an international player makes in joining a collegiate team goes above and beyond that of a US born player, simply because they are playing on the other side of the globe and essentially starting a whole new life overseas. I hope he sticks it out, as I feel like he can and will find his place with this Zag team. Love his spirit and think he will continue to develop.

That said, I certainly plan on watching that game. Keep us posted ZN (as I am sure I will forget about that game by the time it happens). Danke!

whatazag
05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Well since May 16 is the final signing day for recruits next fall, does the same hold true for transfers?? Am I correct in assuming that if Monninghoff does not transfer by May 16 he will be around this fall?

Someone who sounded like they had inside information said that if MM does not come back next year to play for GU, he will be playing professionally in Europe, not transferring, so the May 16 date probably doesn't matter in this case.

Add me to the list hoping he is back next year.

Martin Centre Mad Man
05-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Is there any way to watch that game in the U.S.?

ZagNative
05-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Is there any way to watch that game in the U.S.?I'm betting it will be available for online viewing, especially since Germany is involved. They're usually pretty high tech.

75Zag
05-10-2012, 11:37 AM
. . .since Germany is involved. They're usually pretty high tech.

I agree in principle, but my wife's brand new fancy loaded BMW is the worst handling car on snow and ice since the 1962 Fiat I owned in high school. You would think that for $89,000 they could make a car that would handle as well on snow and ice as a Honda Accord, but I guess that is too much to expect.

And now, back to the original topic.

Kiddwell
05-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I agree in principle, but my wife's brand new fancy loaded BMW is the worst handling car on snow and ice since the 1962 Fiat I owned in high school. You would think that for $89,000 they could make a car that would handle as well on snow and ice as a Honda Accord, but I guess that is too much to expect.

75Z, would you loan Kiddwell $25,000?*

:]

<*w/a "no payback forever" clause>

ZagFanInNC
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM

I have a 2006 Escape that I bought from my sister for 16k, it does great in the winter. I'll trade you straight up.

ZagNative
05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
... and so we kiss this thread goodbye .... Thanks, 75, for the expensive name-dropping. :fingergun:

75Zag
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
ZN - no offense intended. My apologies, etc.

I think I don't treat posts on this Board with the same amount of reflection and respect as some of you because I view the Board as a place to have fun and goof around and escape day-to-day stress. You used the word German, and I say my wife's BMW is crap. And for the record I drive a 2002 Honda Accord, and my Honda does handle better in the snow than my rich wife's BMW. But I will try to stick to the script more closely from here going forward, with no promises or predictions of success.

Peace - Out.

ZagNative
05-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I view the Board as a place to have fun and goof around and escape day-to-day stress. Did you never hear of the Foo? I know - it's gotten difficult lately to tell where the Foo ends and the MBB begins ....

hockeyzag
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Did you never hear of the Foo? I know - it's gotten difficult lately to tell where the Foo ends and the MBB begins ....

I second ZN's frustration, keep it in the Foo

gamagin
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
that is a game I, too, would love to watch. Second the motion to let us know if you find where it might be streaming.

best,

Kiddwell
05-10-2012, 02:22 PM
... and so we kiss this thread goodbye .... Thanks, 75, for the expensive name-dropping. :fingergun:

:horse: Kiddwell is also to blame. :horse: Sorry. Beat me with a stick. :horse:

Back to that game, Kiddwell would like to watch it too: two Zags in Euro competition! Cool. So when the game's date approaches, perhaps we can have a reminder and a link for the German broadcast?

:]

zagitarious
05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
ZN - no offense intended. My apologies, etc.

I think I don't treat posts on this Board with the same amount of reflection and respect as some of you because I view the Board as a place to have fun and goof around and escape day-to-day stress.

+1

It's the internet.

hooter73
05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
is there an emoticon for talking about yourself in the third person?

I still am a believer in MM becoming a multi faceted player for us. He just has to come back from Germany to do it.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Few players look more impressive during warm-ups than MM. He's tall, long and athletic with a great shooting touch. Here's hoping he takes a substantial jump forward this season and proves to be much more than a guy who simply looks the part of a big time player.

Ebay
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Few players look more impressive during warm-ups than MM. He's tall, long and athletic with a great shooting touch. Here's hoping he takes a substantial jump forward this season and proves to be much more than a guy who simply looks the part of a big time player.

Completely agreed. I am amazed at how athletic he looks in warmups.