PDA

View Full Version : OT - Anthony Bennett narrows list

CDC84
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Final 2 schools are Oregon and UNLV.

He dropped Florida and Kentucky, and I don't think it's because those 2 schools ended up not wanting him.

cjm720
05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I am sensing that UNLV will have some sanctions in a few years.

jazzdelmar
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
agree, no way UNLV is that much more attractive to 5 star players like Bennett, et al. than the leading brand teams. something fishy going on. wait for it.

MDABE80
05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Mike Moser and Khem Birch is what's going on....he'll do to the desert with his friends. Best frontcourt in the nation with those 3. Run RUN RUN and dunk!!

zagitarious
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Idk. A kid wants to play ball on the West Coast, if you want to compete on a big level you have few choices. Tucson, Westwood, Spokane, and Las Vegas.

jazzdelmar
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Idk. A kid wants to play ball on the West Coast, if you want to compete on a big level you have few choices. Tucson, Westwood, Spokane, and Las Vegas.

.......and LAS VEGAS????? San Diego State has eclipsed UNLV in its own conference....

cjm720
05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
agree, no way UNLV is that much more attractive to 5 star players like Bennett, et al. than the leading brand teams. something fishy going on. wait for it.

Reinhardt will do quite well too.

BobZag
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM

I understand UNLV, he's spent years near them and has developed a relationship with them, although Findlay Prep has strong connections with UNLV. I think if you were to sniff that fish, jazz, it may smell a lot like a Nike shoe. Ducks came out of nowhere. It's bloody smelly.

DagsZags
05-09-2012, 03:13 PM
When Anthony cut UK from his list, his Twitter feed blew up. In a very bad way. Many UK "fans" were all but wishing death on the kid for not choosing their school. Anthony seemed to take it in stride, but it was embarassing to see.

Even UK's incoming freshmen were defending Anthony's decision from the haters. @ABennett24 is his Twitter account

ZagaZags
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Were not nice at all to Bennett on Twitter. Very rude.

madness
05-09-2012, 03:28 PM
One of Bennett's Findlay teammates is going to Oregon (a PG) so that combo makes sense, but my bet would still be UNLV.

Kid is so legit, powerful and poised.

810Suited
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
He's unlv bound visit locked it up

thebigsmoove
05-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Its official, Bennett is headed to UNLV...along with Khem Burch, they are gonna be really good next year.

madness
05-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Let's get that Home and home series signed up now Few...gotta play these guys this year!

cjm720
07-09-2013, 10:37 AM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9441937/todd-simon-joins-unlv-rebels-coaching-staff-sources-say

Not the first or last time this will happen, but seems very underhanded.

jazzdelmar
07-09-2013, 11:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9441937/todd-simon-joins-unlv-rebels-coaching-staff-sources-say

Stinks from the head. And from Lexington KY.

webspinnre
07-09-2013, 11:02 AM
It does say that he used to work for UNLV, so its not completely crazy.

maynard g krebs
07-09-2013, 11:05 AM

When I watched Findlay with Artis, Williams-Goss et al a couple years ago, they were an extraordinarily well coached hs team. That was the previous coach, so hard to say, but it's entirely possible this guy was hired on merit.

And Bennett's choice really couldn't have worked out better for him professionally, in addition to the fact that Vegas might just be a fun place to go to school.

If people are going to assume the worst, they ought to offer something besides speculation and innuendo to back it up imo.

cjm720
07-09-2013, 11:08 AM
When I watched Findlay with Artis, Williams-Goss et al a couple years ago, they were an extraordinarily well coached hs team. That was the previous coach, so hard to say, but it's entirely possible this guy was hired on merit.

And Bennett's choice really couldn't have worked out better for him professionally, in addition to the fact that Vegas might just be a fun place to go to school.

If people are going to assume the worst, they ought to offer something besides speculation and innuendo to back it up imo.

Speculation on top of speculation, that's all. It's summer and we know these things happen. I connected some dots...might not be anything but at first glance shady...fast forward 15 months...just connecting dots.

jazzdelmar
07-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Hmmm, so the tarkanian legacy and its location in sin city aren't enough to raise an eyebrow.

maynard g krebs
07-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Hmmm, so the tarkanian legacy and its location in sin city aren't enough to raise an eyebrow.

Just sayin' Bennett going to UNLV and one of his ex coaches getting hired there later doesn't seem like an issue compared to a lot of stuff that goes on.

webspinnre
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Especially considered that the ex-coach worked for UNLV BB before going to Findlay Prep in the first place.

75Zag
07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Has the NCAA patched the loophole where a team could hire a prospect's parent or cousin or "advisor" or AAU coach as an employee on University payroll? That was a great scam while it lasted, but I think I know it has since been banned. Can anybody confirm that? When I see +++++ recruits wandering to non-blue chip schools, I always remember the good old days when the University could hire a kid's dad (who had been unemployed for 14 years in a row) as "ambassador of funk" for $145,000 a year and then the kid magically chose that school.

Ahh, the sweet, sweet smell of corruption. Kind of like napalm in the morning.

Go Bulldogs! Don't Cheat!

BobZag
07-10-2013, 08:41 AM
The underbelly.