PDA

View Full Version : yahoo- #13

zagfan1970
05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--here-s-an-updated-look-at-the-preseason-top-25-for-2012-13.html;_ylt=Aos3rMKyrz8rJ4CggTv8i8fevbYF

Mantua
05-04-2012, 04:18 PM
How many times have the Zags been ranked ahead of Duke? Nice to be ranked above Syracuse and Michigan State too.

MDABE80
05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Good stuff but notice how there is no mention of a "wing" or 3 spot. We need a good one there.

Ekrub
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Count me as one who doesn't believe in this UCLA hype. I may be wrong, but I see them as a fringe top 25 team

rijman
05-04-2012, 06:05 PM
How many times have the Zags been ranked ahead of Duke? Nice to be ranked above Syracuse and Michigan State too.
It'll mean something during the season.

Good stuff but notice how there is no mention of a "wing" or 3 spot. We need a good one there. .
I'm not convinced we don't have the 3 spot already covered with GLE, Hoff and Drangs.

Robzagnut
05-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Count me as one who doesn't believe in this UCLA hype. I may be wrong, but I see them as a fringe top 25 team

I'll have to politely disagree. They have key pieces returning and have 4 top level recruits playing next year. Plus, Howland is an excellent coach. Finally, they're playing in a weak conference.

U Zig, I Zag
05-05-2012, 11:41 AM
It'll mean something during the season.

I'm not convinced we don't have the 3 spot already covered with GLE, Hoff and Drangs.

Bingo. I think #3 by committee will be good.

Vanzagger
05-05-2012, 12:16 PM
me too. I'm glad you guys included Hoff. If he stays i think he gets easy traction from those feeds from KO and Karno.

jpwils
05-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Teams will have done their homework and will initially let Dranginis, GLE, and Hoff have open looks. Teams will key on Harris, Pangos, and Bell. I think these 3 will rise to the occasion, however.

So kicking out is good but those 3 need to practice HARD now and Harris may be able to help us at 3 some hopefully. KO and PK need to work on setting solid picks without fouling as well.

JPtheBeasta
05-07-2012, 06:51 AM

They have been a team who has had a lot of talent but hasn't done well because it is dysfunctional in the locker room. Time will tell if the new recruits don't get scared away like the other recent transfers. I'm not buying into any of the hype, either.

bullzag23
05-07-2012, 07:17 AM
They have been a team who has had a lot of talent but hasn't done well because it is dysfunctional in the locker room. Time will tell if the new recruits don't get scared away like the other recent transfers. I'm not buying into any of the hype, either.

If Josh Smith loses 30-40 pounds then I'll start to buy in. Otherwise count me in the 'weight and see' crowd. See what I did there? :p

JPtheBeasta
05-07-2012, 11:06 AM
If Josh Smith loses 30-40 pounds then I'll start to buy in. Otherwise count me in the 'weight and see' crowd. See what I did there? :p

:] Josh Smith sounds like an aweful teammate. I should probably quit there because I don't want to take this way of topic, but that somewhat recent SI article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/02/28/ucla/index.html) painted a pretty ugly picture of the whole situation

Oregonzagnut
05-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Karno's commitment raised us 8-10 spots in the rankings? WOW! If we can win our marque games and go into WCC play with only 1-2 losses, not only will we be ranked top 10 but we would be a strong 2-3 seed for the tourney esp. if we can win the conference with only 1-2 losses.

Can this be the Zags first 30 win season? I think YES!