PDA

View Full Version : If Harris plays

ZagaZags
04-30-2012, 10:01 PM
If Harris plays 30 mpg next season at the PF position. That would leave 50 minutes ( 10 at PF and 40 at Center ) How would you divide the 50 minutes? For Dower, KO and maybe Karnowski.

cggonzaga
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
20-25 Sam. 20-25 Kelly. 10 Karno. I know it adds up to more but there will be games Sam and Kelly split minutes differently due to foul trouble or better matchups or Karno just doesn't get as much time

ZagaZags
04-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Will that be enough to keep him happy?

2wiceright
04-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Will that be enough to keep him happy?

With regards to Karnowski, it all hinges (assuming we get him) on just how good he really is at this level. If he comes in here and plays like the second coming of Elias (his freshman year), I think he gets as many minutes as he wants. I know E was older and had played some 'semi-pro Euro- ball' (or however you want to describe it) but nobody really knows just how good Karno is at this point. I'm no talent expert, but it's fair to assume he has tons of potential and hopefully he is as good as hyped.
I'm really hoping Kelly has made a big jump and Karnow is good enough to play a good chunk of minutes from day one (makes everybody better)!

I predict we get the nod from Karnow no later than Wed....:pray:

ZagaZags
05-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Harris 29 mpg
Dower 26 mpg
Onylyk 25 mpg

jim77
05-01-2012, 12:29 AM
If teams can play 3 guards...why can't we put 3 bigs in at the same time? Its not like KO or "E" can't handle the rock. I could see our "3" losing minutes to KO....we could easily play 3 bigs with Karnowski in the game. Basketball is about mismatches.....and KO is gonna cause quite a few. The 3 slot needs to give up minutes to Dower and KO.

ZagaZags
05-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I will say that wont happen. Just like the posters here on GU boards say Harris cant play the 3.

ZagaZags
05-01-2012, 01:00 AM
To divide between the PF and center positions. Please try to do that with Harris, Dower and KO. And MAYBE Karnowski. And when you have a hard time you will see why i made the post last week about Harris playing a FEW minutes at the 3.

hooter73
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Whoever is playing well that night and staying out of foul trouble will be getting the time. its that simple.

ZAGGED OUT
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I wish I had a nickel for every time someone suggested one of our bigs play the 3 position....

JPtheBeasta
05-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Whoever is playing well that night and staying out of foul trouble will be getting the time. its that simple.

I agree. Dower, who a like a lot, had some games when he didn't have "it." KO, iirc, had multiple games where he got into foul trouble. Depth is great situation to have, but many people here get extremely worried about it. If we end up with only three guys, we will be bemoaning the fact that we don't have a deep enough bench. Playing time will sort itself out.

ZagaZags
05-02-2012, 01:46 PM
I agree. Dower, who a like a lot, had some games when he didn't have "it." KO, iirc, had multiple games where he got into foul trouble. Depth is great situation to have, but many people here get extremely worried about it. If we end up with only three guys, we will be bemoaning the fact that we don't have a deep enough bench. Playing time will sort itself out.

Thats not alot of minutes for 4 players. I think that is why Spangler left. Harris will get his 29-30 mpg. Now we have 50-51 mpg to split between 3 players.

titopoet
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I know E was older and had played some 'semi-pro Euro- ball' (or however you want to describe it) but nobody really knows just how good Karno is at this point. :

Karno played in a better league than did E Harris. E Harris played in the B German league (There are three leagues BBL, A and B), while Przemyslaw Karnowski played at the highest level of Polish pro ball. (His PG was the former starting PG of Mizzou.) Though E had better number than PK, the level was much higher. The team PK was made a huge leap in wins with PK. I think that PK will get minutes, but how many will up to how he performs. He has the tools to be successful in D1 and by playing with and against a bunch of D1 players and same level, his learning curve will be better than most freshmen coming in.

SteelZag
05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Minutes to Dower can be easily allocated. He is either feelin' it or not. If he is on he doesn't mind shooting every touch of the ball. In that case ride him until he drops. If he is not on he tends to defer and become almost disengaged in other areas as well. I think his rebounding ability is overlooked due to the fact he doesn't have the opportunity for as many offensive rebounds as other players do. No chance for an OR when he doesn't miss.

2wiceright
05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
:cheers:
Karno played in a better league than did E Harris. E Harris played in the B German league (There are three leagues BBL, A and B), while Przemyslaw Karnowski played at the highest level of Polish pro ball. (His PG was the former starting PG of Mizzou.) Though E had better number than PK, the level was much higher. The team PK was made a huge leap in wins with PK. I think that PK will get minutes, but how many will up to how he performs. He has the tools to be successful in D1 and by playing with and against a bunch of D1 players and same level, his learning curve will be better than most freshmen coming in.

Thanks Titopet for the info on Karno... It's funny how last year most of this board talked like they would't want him if he came (I know he's lost a lot of weight and a lot can change in a year. But so much conflicting info. about a guy half-way around the world). I even heard rumors he was being looked at by NBA scouts...Any truth? Is this the type of player that can be a two and done guy or do you think he'll spend 4 years as a ZAG! Either way I think we win.

ZagaZags
05-02-2012, 10:56 PM
My guess for mpg next season.
Harris 28 mpg
KO 12 mpg at PF and 4-5 mpg at SF. So 16-17 mpg
Dower 22 mpg
Karnowski 18 mpg

Thats 80 minutes. I think all the players will be happy with that. I know it is just a guess but if you can do better please post it.

I really hope KO or Harris can play 5-8 minutes at the SF position. Because i wanna see as much of Dower, Harris, KO and Karnowski as i can.

U Zig, I Zag
05-03-2012, 08:31 AM
My guess for mpg next season.
Harris 28 mpg
KO 12 mpg at PF and 4-5 mpg at SF. So 16-17 mpg
Dower 22 mpg
Karnowski 18 mpg

Thats 80 minutes. I think all the players will be happy with that. I know it is just a guess but if you can do better please post it.

I really hope KO or Harris can play 5-8 minutes at the SF position. Because i wanna see as much of Dower, Harris, KO and Karnowski as i can.

KO at the SF with some good handles would be just sick. Can you imagine that, playing SF on the other team and matching up against that? A 7-footer can guard a SF in the WCC, especially if they worked with Rob for 3 years.

CDC84
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Olynyk couldn't guard a 6-5 small forward at this level to save his life.

I think a lot of the issues brought up in this thread would be handled easily by allowing Elias to play 5-10 MPG (or more - depends on the game, the matchups, etc.) at small forward.

GUZag08
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
kelly is too slow to play SF

U Zig, I Zag
05-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Olynyk couldn't guard a 6-5 small forward at this level to save his life.

I think a lot of the issues brought up in this thread would be handled easily by allowing Elias to play 5-10 MPG (or more - depends on the game, the matchups, etc.) at small forward.

Matchup zone, closing out of the shooters - Kelly could do that. Few likes his centers guarding the PG, remember ;)

Harris at the 3 will almost have to happen at some point each game, if the 3 other bigs are going to get a fair share of minutes. Other than keeping players happy and avoid defectors (a problem lately) I think all these bigs is a GOOD problem to have. Sure they will figure out something that works.