PDA

View Full Version : Well, hello again. Bruce Irvin...........

Mountaineer
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Is a solid pick. He's lightning fast and a beast. He was like #2 in the nation in 2010 in sacks. Last year, he did not get that many sacks due to being double and tripled teamed a lot. Many times he will not get a sack but he will affect the quarterback.....much like a shot-blocker who affects opponents shots. His size is very similar to Von Miller and Clay Matthews. He's faster than both of them. He also done the same # bench reps at the NFL Combine as Matthews did, more than Von Miller. His vertical is very similar to theirs. Yet, Irvin is a "reach" but they weren't. Jesus could play for WVU, and he would still get 0 respect. Either way, the Seahawks got them a talented player. Could Seattle have got him in the 2nd round? Maybe.....................? There were a few other teams who were very interested in him and he could have gone late 1st round to a team like San Francisco. I think that is why Seattle didn't screw around.

gu03alum
04-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Is a solid pick. He's lightning fast and a beast. He was like #2 in the nation in 2010 in sacks. Last year, he did not get that many sacks due to being double and tripled teamed a lot. Many times he will not get a sack but he will affect the quarterback.....much like a shot-blocker who affects opponents shots. His size is very similar to Von Miller and Clay Matthews. He's faster than both of them. He also done the same # bench reps at the NFL Combine as Matthews did, more than Von Miller. His vertical is very similar to theirs. Yet, Irvin is a "reach" but they weren't. Jesus could play for WVU, and he would still get 0 respect. Either way, the Seahawks got them a talented player. Could Seattle have got him in the 2nd round? Maybe.....................? There were a few other teams who were very interested in him and he could have gone late 1st round to a team like San Francisco. I think that is why Seattle didn't screw around.

If he sucks I'm holding you personally responsible.

Seriously though, his combine numbers make me feel much better about him. It seems that he would have been much higher on people's boards if it weren't for some serious character issues.

gu03alum
04-27-2012, 03:33 AM
LINK (http://mynorthwest.com/292/668280/DE-Bruce-Irvin-is-Seahawks-choice-with-15th-pick)

"I love eating quarterbacks," Irvin said in a conference call.