PDA

View Full Version : Tweets from Poland

NorthoftheBorder
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
PK sent out the following at noon Spokane time today:

I have backed to poland yesterday , commit soon

Somebody named David E. Rodriguez ‏replied to PK's tweet at 12:06 with the following:

@PKarnowski Hope you choose @CalMensBBall ! More difficult competition, better conference, more playing time, better degree, better weather!

Are there any restictions against sending tweets to potential recruits?

Ebay
04-26-2012, 03:17 PM
That tool has been tweeting Karn throughout this entire process.

zagfan24
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
"more difficult competition/better conference" -- the pac-12???

:lmao:

SweetOnionZag
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Send it to the NCAA.............

gu03alum
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Send it to the NCAA.............

OT: SweetOnionZag is an awesome handle

On topic: I hope that he's not basing his decision on some random fan that tweets him.

TheZagPhish
04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
OT: SweetOnionZag is an awesome handle

On topic: I hope that he's not basing his decision on some random fan that tweets him.

Unless, of course, it's RandomZagFan. Then, you know, cool.*

*This is a joke.

KStyles
04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
That tool has been tweeting Karn throughout this entire process.

Yeah, I've noticed that. That definitely wasn't the first tweet he's sent to PK.

As a grad, according to his Twitter, he'd be considered a booster for Cal (it'd be the same even if he was just a Cal fan tweeting PK) and recruiting is prohibited by boosters. He's certainly not the first to break the rule, and I don't think anyone has ever been punished for tweeting to recruits.

Zagdawg
04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
A neutral party should tweet/remind him how many teams out of each conf got in the dance this year-- and how many top 50 wins each conf had.

rijman
04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
"more difficult competition/better conference" -- the pac-12???

:lmao:
+1, more difficult than what???

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Cal is a better school? Ask this Cal alum.

http://magazine.gonzaga.edu/2012/young-minds-bloom-self-revelation

Dr. Garvin was one of my all-time favorite professors. When I called his office, last year, fully fifteen years after I graduated, he recognized my voice before I gave him my name. You don't get teaching like that at a school as big as Cal. You don't get that kind of faculty attention at Cal. You get that level of teacher-student interaction at Gonzaga.

MBZags
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Dr. Garvin was one of my all-time favorite professors. When I called his office, last year, fully fifteen years after I graduated, he recognized my voice before I gave him my name. You don't get teaching like that at a school as big as Cal. You don't get that kind of faculty attention at Cal. You get that level of teacher-student interaction at Gonzaga.

+1

Garvin's the man. I loved his classes.

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
This is, in fact, a recruiting violation. We have been warned and admonished several times on the Boise State boards against doing this very thing. Someone should forward these tweets to the NCAA compliance office; seriously.

Oregonzagnut
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Look at the SOS of Cal at #86 last year and look at Gonzaga's SOS at #79. There is your answer to who has stronger competition. The smaller school, private Jesuit education and the COG Sunday brunch all add up to the school that Karno should attend.

IMO Gonzaga is more likely to get into the final four.

webspinnre
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
This is, in fact, a recruiting violation. We have been warned and admonished several times on the Boise State boards against doing this very thing.

This. Don't do it, as tempting as it might be. As far as I know it has never been enforced, but don't take any risks.

GoZags
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Cal is where it's at.

3 wins in 6 NCAA appearances over the past 15 seasons.

That's bigtime for you, especially when compared to Gonzaga's paltry 17 wins over their 14 consecutive NCAA tourneys

Cal is where it's at.

GoGU
04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
The smaller school, private Jesuit education and the COG Sunday brunch all add up to the school that Karno should attend.

The COG Sunday Brunch is why I came to Gonzaga. ;)

RRZagFan
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Waiting for his answer to this ?

@CalBear2: @rafjuc Gun to your head who do you think Karnowski will pick?
Cal or Zaga

jimmy b
04-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Cal or Zaga

wow that is bad form.

also, Often American expressions just do not translate. Juc may be familiar with the phrase...maybe not.

bballbeachbum
04-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Cal is a better school? Ask this Cal alum.

http://magazine.gonzaga.edu/2012/young-minds-bloom-self-revelation

way to represent Cal tweeters...not. what a bunch of maroons! man.......

anyway, no comparison in basketball...none. Irrelevant Cal basketball in irrelevant Pac12 basketball conference. Gonzaga in a walkover. No contest.

Stephen Greenblatt would lecture to standing room then stay after discussing with whomever regarding any number of items all the time. I know he would not recognize my voice but the experiences remain with me to this day of regularly conversing (or listening in!) with such a figure, then walking across Sproul Plaza to Sather Gate and seeing Polka Dot Man do his thing to his own large crowd of interactors.

Gonzaga is a great academic school with exposure and excellence to so much of life, and so is Cal :)

but our basketball program ain't that much ;)

TheGonzagaFactor
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
He's right about one thing and only one thing, the weather is better in Berkeley than Spokane.

Oregonzagnut
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM

Cal or Zaga

This is exactly how and why being able to say something off the top of your head and have the entire world hear it will be the undoing of many a reputation.

If a statement can be read in a negative way, it will. No do over's. No take backs. No benefit of the doubt.

ID ZAGFAN
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
He's right about one thing and only one thing, the weather is better in Berkeley than Spokane.

If you are a person who likes having four seasons (read: needs to have), (like me) Spokane's weather is a lot better than Berkeley's.

ZaGranny

ZagsObserver
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
If you are a person who likes having four seasons (read: needs to have), (like me) Spokane's weather is a lot better than Berkeley's.

ZaGranny

This

MaroonZag22
04-27-2012, 01:40 AM
way to represent Cal tweeters...not. what a bunch of maroons! man.......

Hey now. Don't pull me into this argument. I have nothing to do with Cal tweeters! ;)

JAGzag
04-27-2012, 02:59 AM
This. Don't do it, as tempting as it might be. As far as I know it has never been enforced, but don't take any risks.

You might be right, I looked but couldn't find that tweet!

JAGzag
04-27-2012, 03:00 AM

Cal or Zaga

Here's his response:

@CalBear2 For all this procces I was thinking that Karnowski will pick Gonzaga, but now I'm mixed. Seems that Cal is back to the game...

rijman
04-27-2012, 05:53 AM
wow that is bad form.

also, Often American expressions just do not translate. Juc may be familiar with the phrase...maybe not.
I was thinking the same thing. I could see this being perceived as a threat or bad joke.

As far as how we'll learn of PK's decision, It looks like we'll get our answer in the form of a tweet from Poland.

Thomas_Sutpen
04-27-2012, 05:55 AM

You do know he's got Caller ID, right? ;)

ZagsObserver
04-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Absolutely no "inside knowledge" but just feel like this is slipping away.Where would that put us - a few bodies short.

BroncoZAG615
04-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Absolutely no "inside knowledge" but just feel like this is slipping away.Where would that put us - a few bodies short.

I wouldn't worry too much, to be honest. Karnowski has really struggled with decisions throughout this process. It took him a very long time to decide whether he wanted to play in the pros or in college so I'm not terribly surprised that this process has been quite extensive. I can't blame him...if I was trying to decide on the next stage of my life and it involved me being on another continent, I might take my time as well.

In the end, I think he's a Zag.

tlark420
04-27-2012, 06:39 AM
Przemek Karnowski ‏ @PKarnowski
just ate lunch , study time...

:roll:

SteelZag
04-27-2012, 06:44 AM
It's almost dinner time in Poland. Not sure whether I'm going to make it through today as anxiety level is rising to the "It's 5:00pm somewhere" threshold.

A to Zags
04-27-2012, 06:45 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, to be honest. Karnowski has really struggled with decisions throughout this process. It took him a very long time to decide whether he wanted to play in the pros or in college so I'm not terribly surprised that this process has been quite extensive. I can't blame him...if I was trying to decide on the next stage of my life and it involved me being on another continent, I might take my time as well.

In the end, I think he's a Zag.

Precisely, and I concur completely! BZ and SSF seem to be the best information that I can rely on but every coach in the recruiting business, even the very best, has probably been left standing at the altar alone by some recruit and more than likely more than once. Wasn't it just a year ago that a Missouri transfer was supposedly "ours" according to BZ and ended up at Cal? That gives me the feeling of been there, done that with PK. I feel a bit childish listening in on tweets to get information so think I'll go feed the horses and let the young man do what's best for him.

KStyles
04-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Someone should forward these tweets to the NCAA compliance office; seriously.

In all fairness, Cal fans aren't the only ones who've been tweeting him. You can easily find tweets from fans of all of the main 4 schools (UK, Duke, GU, Cal) who were recruiting him.

http://i.imgur.com/oRDN9.png
http://i.imgur.com/8GaKn.png
http://i.imgur.com/VVTxN.png

webspinnre
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
And that's the reason that it's so difficult to enforce. Most of these people probably have no idea they shouldn't be doing it, and GU has no way of preventing them from doing it.

KStyles
04-27-2012, 08:17 AM
And that's the reason that it's so difficult to enforce. Most of these people probably have no idea they shouldn't be doing it, and GU has no way of preventing them from doing it.

This.

And if they did start penalizing schools somehow, I could see crazy diehard fans like the Alabama tree poisoner posing as, say, an Auburn fan and sending all sorts of tweets to Auburn recruits to get Auburn in trouble. I think the NCAA's hands are kind of tied until they find a way to fairly and easily enforce it.

gamagin
04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
It's almost dinner time in Poland. Not sure whether I'm going to make it through today as anxiety level is rising to the "It's 5:00pm somewhere" threshold.

in Poland: Meksykańska żywność

titopoet
04-27-2012, 08:39 AM
"I was going to go to North Carolina after Coaching Roy visited me over 20 times and been developing a relationship with myself and family for past three years, but then I got this great tweet by an anonymous guy, who in eloquence of 140 characters, describe the benefits of going to East Valley Central State College for Terminally Bored and play for fighting donkeys. This moved me and now I will shun Coach Roy and all other others and play for the fighting donkeys. While I don't know who will be my coach or even if the fighting donkeys play in the NCAA, the tweet brought me to tears and that is all that matters."

Consider, just consider, that maybe, just maybe tweets aren't all that big a deal.

bullzag23
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
"I was going to go to North Carolina after Coaching Roy visiting me over 20 times and been developing a relationship with myself and family for past three years, but then I got this great tweet by an anonymous guy, who in eloquence of 140 characters, describe the benefits of going to East Valley Central State College for Terminally Bored and play for fighting donkeys. This moved me and now I will shun Coach Roy and all other others and play for the fighting donkeys. While I don't know who will be my coach or even if the fighting donkeys play in the NCAA, the tweet brought me to tears and that is all that matters."

Consider, just consider, that maybe, just maybe tweets aren't all that big a deal.

WHAAAAAT????

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxb9auSODD1qze1jro1_500.jpg

titopoet
04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
WHAAAAAT????

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxb9auSODD1qze1jro1_500.jpg

No, no not West Mountain State Technical college for machine workers. He is not planning to play for the dazed monkeys but the fighting donkeys.

http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/donkey-basketball2.jpg

dnj116
04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
On the topic of tweeting prospective players, BroncoZAG615 -- this is a question and not a slight, as I love what you do with SSF -- I have seen, or at least perceive myself remembering, that you have tweeted Karnowski in the past. Could this be considered then, in effect, a recruiting violation? Are there different standards for those running and operating such sites?

BobZag
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Supposed fans on twitter may be fans of the school they hate the most, just trying to make that school look bad. It's all so anonymous. A Zag fan could actually be an angry Wazzu fan, you just never know for sure.

BroncoZAG615
04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
On the topic of tweeting prospective players, BroncoZAG615 -- this is a question and not a slight, as I love what you do with SSF -- I have seen, or at least perceive myself remembering, that you have tweeted Karnowski in the past. Could this be considered then, in effect, a recruiting violation? Are there different standards for those running and operating such sites?

Unless someone has hacked our account, we have never directly contacted a PSA on our Twitter account. We have retweeted certain tweets (which is basically quoting their tweet so our followers can see it), including Karnowski, if they tweet something that we think our fans would be intrigued by (like when he was visiting GU). We haven't, however, ever engaged in discussion or asked questions of recruits.

If we did actively engage in back and forth with recruits and attempt to convince them to go to GU, it would be a violation because of our affiliations.

In the long run, it just isn't worth it to engage in that sort of thing. The site isn't our full-time job so to tweet recruits like adoring fans just seems odd but, like I said, we do use the retweet function to keep our followers informed.

CDC84
04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
It can also be annoying to recruits. Especially the ones who have yet to cut down their school list. They are contacted and bothered enough as it is.

There is not single person at Cal or Gonzaga who can sell their respective programs like Mike Montgomery and Mark Few. Leave it to them.

75Zag
04-27-2012, 10:45 AM
I liked it better when "twittering" was exclusively the pasttime of 12 year old girls.

Get Off My Lawn!

dnj116
04-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Unless someone has hacked our account, we have never directly contacted a PSA on our Twitter account. We have retweeted certain tweets (which is basically quoting their tweet so our followers can see it), including Karnowski, if they tweet something that we think our fans would be intrigued by (like when he was visiting GU). We haven't, however, ever engaged in discussion or asked questions of recruits.

If we did actively engage in back and forth with recruits and attempt to convince them to go to GU, it would be a violation because of our affiliations.

In the long run, it just isn't worth it to engage in that sort of thing. The site isn't our full-time job so to tweet recruits like adoring fans just seems odd but, like I said, we do use the retweet function to keep our followers informed.

Thanks for the clarification. I think what I remembered seeing was what you described as a "retweet". I hope the interviews that you guys do could never be considered a recruiting violation either, because that is my favorite aspect of SSF. Keep it up!

Originally Posted by 75Zag
I liked it better when "twittering" was exclusively the pasttime of 12 year old girls.

Get Off My Lawn!

Love it.

bullzag23
04-27-2012, 01:07 PM
No, no not West Mountain State Technical college for machine workers. He is not planning to play for the dazed monkeys but the fighting donkeys.

http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/donkey-basketball2.jpg

That's too bad...the dazed monkeys could use a guy like PK :D

tinfoilzag
04-29-2012, 02:30 PM
A Zag fan could actually be an angry Wazzu fan

Yes I am.

RockandRollJames
04-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Przemek Karnowski ‏ @PKarnowski
@G_Reese I won't do an other visits couse I dont have enough time , I will commit very soon. sorry bro

NorthoftheBorder
04-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Here's the complete sequence of tweets sent between 3:00 pm & 4:00 pm Spokane time today leading up to the one posted by RockandRollJames

From George L. Reese ‏ @G_Reese:

@PKarnowski, what's good? Are u still on the US tour?

Reply by PK:

@G_Reese nop, i came back to pl couple dayz ago , it was good to meet all those people, i couldnt go to kansas my man, congrats on todays win

From George L. Reees:

@PKarnowski, thanks man. Did u get setup for a trip to THE other school? Lol

Reply by PK:

@G_Reese I won't do an other visits couse I dont have enough time , I will commit very soon. sorry bro

Geroge Reese is an alumni of the Ohio State Univeristy Alumni so I suppose he was hoping PK would visit there. Reese is playing professional basketball in Poland right now.

http://www.georgelreese.com/biography/

rijman
04-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the update. Every time I check into this forum, multiple times a day, I am hoping to see a new thread with confirmation PK is a Zag. Todays tweets aren't a confirmation, but appear to confirm this is still a 2 school race with no other school visits planned or thougts of turning pro.

RRZagFan
04-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Looks like soon is this week, crossing fingers and toes.

@rafjuc: Przemek Karnowski ('93) is going to announce his NCAA choice later this week. Will choose between Gonzaga and California.

jazzdelmar
04-30-2012, 08:33 AM
hard to see Cal as a competitor, given all the factors we know about. certainly can see KU and Duke, even Marquette, but Cal is a relative college BB backwater...great school but urban and very big. would seem like Zaga is a shoo-in but the delay is anxiety producing.

U Zig, I Zag
04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla

Retweet
Favorite
Open

A small building in Spokane or Berkeley! RT @MisterRoberts: That Przemek Karnowski is a large dude according to my handy google search!

Gonzdb8
04-30-2012, 09:42 AM
one of the only criteria that i think cal MIGHT have the edge on us in is how much PT he'd see. i suspect he could get a few more mpg on a cal team with very little talent or depth up front. if it were me i'd prefer 5 less minutes on a possible ff contender than 5 more minutes on a team just hoping to make the tourney.
fingers crossed.

sittingon50
04-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Cal's arena holds 11,877. Their avg. attendance was 7893 ('11)

FYI: Blue Ribbon had them pre-season #21. They lost their play in game to USF (the Florida variety) 65-54.

Tough choice.

webspinnre
04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Exactly. I've got to think that if PT is his primary consideration over and above anything else, I could see why Cal would have an appeal to him.

gozagswoohoo
04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, if Elias decided to leave for Europe, and we got that news at the exact same time as hearing Karno wanted to go to CAL.....do you think the board would:

A) Take the info in stride, wish both players luck, and then start discussing a random topic.

B) Implode into itself, creating a black hole that sucks the rest of the universe in, herein destroying every known thing ever created.

northsidezagfan
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Hey guys, if Elias decided to leave for Europe, and we got that news at the exact same time as hearing Karno wanted to go to CAL.....do you think the board would:

A) Take the info in stride, wish both players luck, and then start discussing a random topic.

B) Implode into itself, creating a black hole that sucks the rest of the universe in, herein destroying every known thing ever created.

C) Go to Taco Bell

gozagswoohoo
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
C) Go to Taco Bell

Post of the day nomination.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

rijman
04-30-2012, 10:31 AM
So if the tweets and BZ forum posts are accurate, I assume they are, this is what I know; Lloyd has been in touch with PK for at least 2 years and developed a good relationship. This is confirmed in the fact that GU was first to bring PK to the US, no small feat given the interest of other well known schools. PK and Pangos know each other from a 2011 FIBA tourney where they were both named to the all tournament team. Few and Lloyd visited PK in Poland and PK gave them a verbal commitment to attend GU followed by a trip to GU for a recruiting visit. PK did not sign his LOI while here then visited just one other school, Cal. PK is now close to deciding between GU and Cal.

My unknowns are the strength of the relationship between and Cal and PK and whether or not a Cal visit was planned when PK left Poland.

With PK's stated goal to play in the NBA, I wonder how much stock he'll put in NCAA tournament appearances, because we obviously have Cal beat there. How much does an international player care about the NCAA tournament before they get here and learn first hand what it's all about? If playing time and personal development with team coaches is his main criteria, I'm not sure who has the edge there, that will be based on his own perception.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

In response to WooHoo's question, the answer is obviously "B."

madness
04-30-2012, 10:47 AM

B) happens if and only if a 3rd Domino falls, say Trent Lockett surprising commits to SMC on the same day, with the quote, "I can't wait to beat the Zags 3 times this year...the coaching staff really ticked me off for not replying to my Twitter DMs."

Mantua
04-30-2012, 10:49 AM
So....Saturday at midnight we might know a little more.

How late is Taco Time open?

I wonder what Snookie is up to? Is that off-topic?

ZagsGoZags
04-30-2012, 11:23 AM
the longer he waits
the less surprised we will all be if he decides to not come here

is there any type of deadline for him to decide ? ....

Kiddwell
04-30-2012, 11:32 AM
PK and Pangos know each other from a 2011 FIBA tourney where they were both named to the all tournament team.

Unless Kiddwell's wires are crossed, the Karnivore and Pangos played again together in Portland too. Last year?

:]

stevet75
04-30-2012, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=ZagsGoZags;791412]the longer he waits

When you wait this long, to make a decision, you are probably trying to find the nicest way of telling your current girl friend that you like someone else better.

rijman
04-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Unless Kiddwell's wires are crossed, the Karnivore and Pangos played again together in Portland too. Last year?

One of PK's tweets indicated travelling to GU was his longest trip. I was under the impression he had never been to the U.S.

Gonzdb8
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
the longer he waits

is there any type of deadline for him to decide ? ....

the deadline for freshman to confirm their attendance is tomorrow. i assume that only applies to mere mortals and not athletes but its the only university deadline i'm aware of.

maynard g krebs
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
One of PK's tweets indicated travelling to GU was his longest trip. I was under the impression he had never been to the U.S.

PK played in the Nike Summit in Portland last year, with Pangos.

rijman
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
PK played in the Nike Summit in Portland last year, with Pangos.
I just looked it up and sure enough PK was in Portland in 2011. The U.S. had some kid named Anthony Davis that played well and helped them pull out the win. PK only played 8 minutes in that game and didn't score. So PK's trip to GU may have been his longest trip ever, his words not mine, but not by much.

Beer_Engineer
04-30-2012, 01:00 PM
C) Go to Taco Bell

haha, well done...

Oregonzagnut
05-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Ouch, don't talk like that. Even joking about something like that puts ripples of vibration into the planetary cosmic building blocks. What is commonly known as "The power of suggestion" in reality is a much bigger equation of cause and effect.

Instead lets ask this:

Hey guys, if Elias decided to stay at Gonzaga, AND we got that news at the exact same time hearing Karno wanted to go to Gonzaga.....do you think the board would:

A) Take the info in stride, wish Europe and Cal good luck, and then start discussing a how to afford tickets to the Final Four.

B) Explode with happiness, creating a huge band wagon that sucks the rest of the fandom universe onto it and herein destroy every other teams hopes and dreams so much so that we sell all that we have and bet it all on Gonzaga winning the National Championship.

Kong-Kool-Aid
05-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I thought he committed?

Kiddwell
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Ouch, don't talk like that. Even joking about something like that puts ripples of vibration into the planetary cosmic building blocks. What is commonly known as "The power of suggestion" in reality is a much bigger equation of cause and effect.

Instead lets ask this:

Hey guys, if Elias decided to stay at Gonzaga, AND we got that news at the exact same time hearing Karno wanted to go to Gonzaga.....do you think the board would:

A) Take the info in stride, wish Europe and Cal good luck, and then start discussing a how to afford tickets to the Final Four.

B) Explode with happiness, creating a huge band wagon that sucks the rest of the fandom universe onto it and herein destroy every other teams hopes and dreams so much so that we sell all that we have and bet it all on Gonzaga winning the National Championship.

+1 Positivity, this board needs a lot of positivity in this matter right now. Along those lines then...PK coming to GU puts him on ESPN regularly. ESPN is exactly where he wants to be to draw the excited attention of all those NBA owners and coaches who'll be bargaining with each other (through trades, cash, etc.) to have drafting rights to GU's next great 7-foot center.

On top of that, PK will be a nationally known bball star because the Zags are ALWAYS Top-25 caliber, and the Zags ALWAYS play in the NCAA Tournament! Every darn year!

Plus, PK will be on the court with his international bball buddy, Kevin Pangos, who in four years will also have the NBA owners thinking, "Yo! Another Steve Nash!"

Finally, by playing for Gonzaga University, PK will be the latest GREAT EUROPEAN to wear Zags gear!

Ziggy
05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
I thought he committed?

He gave a Verbal to Few in Poland but did not sign the LOI when here on his visit. So we wait...:pray:

SLOZag
05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Looks like soon is this week, crossing fingers and toes.

@rafjuc: Przemek Karnowski ('93) is going to announce his NCAA choice later this week. Will choose between Gonzaga and California.

This tweet spurred SBNation to create an article that it posted today in the "California Golden Bears Recruiting" portion of its website.
http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2012/5/1/2990856/Przemyslaw-karnowski-california-golden-bears-gonzaga-bulldogs
The article is more a recap than big news, but it does contain a nice viewer for a somewhat recent YouTube PK tape (of a February 6, 2012 game) that I'd not seen before.

ZAGGED OUT
05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Everytime I see an article on a CAL site or check their boards I'm suprised to see that they think GU doesn't fit foreign players well (do they not see how many we bring in EVERY year?) and that CAL will better prepare players for the NBA....it's like they think the pac-12 is remotely close to a decent conference