PDA

View Full Version : Of all the transfers from all the schools from all the conferences...

BobZag
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
...he walked into mine. ;)

From Jeff Goodman's growing list of transfers (someone, a link, please) on CBS Sports, who would you like to see transfer to Gonzaga?

My choice: Josiah Turner from Arizona.

Note: There is bound to be more as the end of semesters/quarters near.

Section 116
04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Here's a link to a list dated April 10, 2012:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18443369/endofyear-updated-transfer-list-300plus-and-growing

thespywhozaggedme
04-25-2012, 08:22 PM

From Jeff Goodman's growing list of transfers (someone, a link, please) on CBS Sports, who would you like to see transfer to Gonzaga?

Dylan Ennis; stud pg outta Toronto who had a very good rookie year at Rice. His younger bro, Tyler is a 5* but Dylan is no slouch himself. Plus he knows Kevin and Kelly from some junior Canadian teams. You and me Bob, we go waaaay back with our Canadian prospects; we've had some hits, and some misses. Dylan is a hit, I promise you.

sittingon50
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bglrV?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

ZagaZags
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Could be fun to watch in a Zag uniform. And can i pick Ryan Spangler too?

thespywhozaggedme
04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bglrV?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

Oh well. Good move by Jay Wright, Ennis is gonna be a stud.

MDABE80
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Khem Birch before he starts at UNLV

Jakester425
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Here's a link to a list dated April 10, 2012:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18443369/endofyear-updated-transfer-list-300plus-and-growing

This is a crazy long list. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our Zags bubble that we don't realize there are a ton of other schools going through the same thing with players transferring.

dawgfather11
04-25-2012, 10:41 PM

your choice is a guy who was a cancer on Zona? Who was suspended 3 times during the year?

That's a very suprising pick. I wasn't really impressed with him at all during his freshman year.

Worthington
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Ennis committed to Villanova I think.

LAZAGFAN11
04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Renaldo Woolridge from Tennessee.

6'9" wing/sf that can provide depth for us at the 3. He's also eligible immediately and he is from the west coast. He scored 17 against Kentucky this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7-8NEOIIEo

BavarianZag
04-26-2012, 06:35 AM

Nobody picked up on the hidden message in BZ's post? The subject line and first part of the body of the message seem to indicate that a certain Mr. Turner may be in the mix somehow....

at least that is how I read it, and I am already 2 beers in here in Bavaria....

bigblahla
04-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Nobody picked up on the hidden message in BZ's post? The subject line and first part of the body of the message seem to indicate that a certain Mr. Turner may be in the mix somehow....

at least that is how I read it, and I am already 2 beers in here in Bavaria....

Good eye, me thinks your on to something.:D

Go!! Zags!!!

ZagsObserver
04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
I would love turner, but would he be content knowing that we have a certain guy by the name of "Pangos?"

Zagcity
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM

6'9" wing/sf that can provide depth for us at the 3. He's also eligible immediately and he is from the west coast. He scored 17 against Kentucky this year:

Great blood line, father is Orlando Woolridge. Smooth stroke, but looks like he wants to be closer to home. (LA area)

willandi
04-26-2012, 08:07 AM
"I'm shocked! Shocked to find that transfering is going on here!"

paraphrased from the movie Casa Zaga.

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 08:16 AM

Wow, now that ine intrigues me......way more than Josiah Turner. I know he's Orlando Woolridges kid, is he anything like Darren Daye's son?

thickman1
04-26-2012, 08:17 AM

Personally I think there's a message in this. No?

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 08:43 AM

Looks like he's close to signing with USC. Like Lockett, he's available immediately, but unlike Trent, who is undersized for the sf position, Renaldo has great length at 6'9. Why aren't we all over this guy?

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/USC/post/_/id/12584/basketball-a-look-at-the-2012-13-depth-chart

cggonzaga
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Here we go again. Another player not worthy of GU.

Let's look at the positives. Ranked 10th overall in recruiting class. No 2 ranked point guard. 6'3" 193, great size and will probably get a little bigger. Great vision from the point guard position. Averaged 6.8ppg, 3.1rbg and 2.5apg in 24mpg. Not bad numbers at all for a freshmen point guard.

Yes he has some baggage for violating team rules however he did leave Arizona in good academic standing. If the staff thinks he could contribute and not be a menace then I'm all for him coming. What a backcourt that would be in 2013!

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Here we go again. Another player not worthy of GU.

Let's look at the positives. Ranked 10th overall in recruiting class. No 2 ranked point guard. 6'3" 193, great size and will probably get a little bigger. Great vision from the point guard position. Averaged 6.8ppg, 3.1rbg and 2.5apg in 24mpg. Not bad numbers at all for a freshmen point guard.

Yes he has some baggage for violating team rules however he did leave Arizona in good academic standing. If the staff thinks he could contribute and not be a menace then I'm all for him coming. What a backcourt that would be in 2013!

Did you just contradict yourself in your own post? lol

Baldwinzag
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Personally I think there's a message in this. No?

BZ is a Master of Suspense & Intrigue. That is a given,

However, I'm not seeing it, if anything, he's being too explicit for his style. :)

Josiah Turner is set on attending St Johns(he's visiting at the moment), with Iona as Plan B, see MoMo Jones success last season.

ps. I'd choose Roscoe Smith (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/44159/roscoe-smith), a long, athletic combo-forward who just announced his transfer from UConn. He was a Top-40 kid outta HS, his natural position is SF, yet has enough height(6'8"), and length to mix it up underneath as well. He avg just 6 ppg, 5 rpg, but showed flashes of dominance when given an opportunity, less than 20mpg.

Roscoe is getting interest from Washington and UNLV, yet not us...he still has 2 yrs of eligibility and would be a terrific fit as an impact Wing. #missingout

jpwils
04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Can't see where Turner could replace Pangos or Bell at all.

Can see Bob's argument if one gets hurt you could see him playing ok.

But to edge out Stox like that would be cold imho.

Don't see him as a 3 replacement. Drangs should work well especially in conference.

Wonder if the culture is a fit for Turner as well.

My choice would be the 6-9 guy from Western Michigan who is transferring either to Xavier or Cinci-forget which.

This guy could play now and would replace KO nicely when he graduates.

When should there be a definite answer from the PK camp??

Just am not enamored with Turner-sorry.

jpwils
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Would like to see Kyle Wiltjer transfer to us asap.

would fit right in and play immediately after 1 yr out.

BobZag
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Just scanning down the list, there are some worthwhile guys. Woolridge, certainly. I see a lot of guys from good programs, including BCS schools, who look promising. I can see GU taking one.

jpwils
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Guy sits out a yr

Fills in for Hart , GLE, and Harris after they graduate.

Why couldn't we grab a couple decent ones??

Makes sense. Stay tuned, eh??

gamagin
04-26-2012, 10:24 AM

From Jeff Goodman's growing list of transfers (someone, a link, please) on CBS Sports, who would you like to see transfer to Gonzaga? My choice: Josiah Turner from Arizona. Note: There is bound to be more as the end of semesters/quarters near.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAS4o51tPzA

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Guy sits out a yr

Fills in for Hart , GLE, and Harris after they graduate.

Why couldn't we grab a couple decent ones??

Makes sense. Stay tuned, eh??

Woolridge doesn't even have to sit out, he's like Lockett, can play ASAP. Imagine a 6'9, 6'8 and 7'0 front court? Surely we've got more to offer as a program than USC. Are there non stops from Spokane to LA?

Baldwinzag
04-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Woolridge recently took *unofficial* visits to Pepperdine & USC in the same weekend, also considering UNLV & UTEP, yet appears to be between the former two. USC is the so-called front runner and he's headed there this wkend, expected to commit.

He's from Sherman Oaks, CA.

cjm720
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
But to edge out Stox like that would be cold imho.

I've seen this reference a few times and don't get it. He's arguably the number one spot to upgrade at (back-up roles). Like the kid, stepped up against MSU but went silent against the smaller WCC. He can't do that this year or Draganis will take a lot of his minutes.

As far as big time transfers who never really showed interest in GU to begin with...ain't gonna happen.

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Woolridge recently took *unofficial* visits to Pepperdine & USC in the same weekend, also considering UNLV & UTEP, yet appears to be between the former two. USC is the so-called front runner and he's headed there this wkend, expected to commit.

He's from Sherman Oaks, CA.

I know. I already posted all of that in this very thread.

Baldwinzag
04-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Like the kid, stepped up against MSU but went silent against the smaller WCC. He can't do that this year or Draganis will take a lot of his minutes.

As far as big time transfers who never really showed interest in GU to begin with...ain't gonna happen.

A given.

Coaches are extremely high on Dranginis and have admitted countless times he could have easily fit right in and helped out last season, maybe even starter-worthy, hence dressing him for games and keeping him fully engaged. Just in case.

"Best natural passer on the team and its not really close."

-- I won't say who, but have heard this quote numerous times from various sources regarding Kyle.

That said, apparently he hasn't been quite as good of shooter as advertised, still superb, yet lacking some consistency in this area(when compared to GBJ & KP & KO). Very streaky, but infamous for having the longest "range" on the team. Will pull the trigger from anymore inside the half-court line. Fearless.

Lastly, Coach Few & Coach G publicly commented/mentioned KD's ability to slash and praised him as one of our best, if not the most talented cutter/slasher to the hoop, just needs more strength.

Expect Kyle to play a big role next season, off the bench.

cggonzaga
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Did you just contradict yourself in your own post? lol

C'mon Spy, I thought our friends to the north recognized sarcasm. I'm kind of a big opponent of the "he's not zag material" argument.

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
C'mon Spy, I thought our friends to the north recognized sarcasm. I'm kind of a big opponent of the "he's not zag material" argument.

That went right over my head, DOH! P.S. I live in Greenville, SC, moved here from Los Angeles five years ago. I'm as American as apple pie, but used to live in Canada, and was one of the early ones to recognize and report Canadian prospects.

cggonzaga
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
No problem. South Carolina is beautiful this time of year!

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 03:38 PM
No problem. South Carolina is beautiful this time of year!

Yeah, it's gorgeous here. We live close to the Blue Ridge Mts. and it's really nice, but the allergies are absolutely brutal; worst in the country. But other rhan that, it's great. The Carolinas in general are booming.

zagitarious
04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
I see that Stainbrook kid from W. Mich. Is transferring to X. Interested to see if he gets any run.

madness
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Adam Zagoria announced that Josiah Turner cancelled his visit to St. John's...hmm...

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Adam Zagoria announced that Josiah Turner cancelled his visit to St. John's...hmm...

Bobs winking emoticon was a pretty telling sign.

Kiddwell
04-26-2012, 09:52 PM

...Josiah Turner was a really big deal outta high school:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=Josiah&lastname=Turner&class=2011&starsfilter=GT&stars=0&ratingfilter=GT&rating=&positionrank=&sportid=4294967293&x=44&y=15&collegeid=&conference=&visitmonth=&visityear=&statuscommit=Commitments&statusuncommit=Uncommited&honor=&region=&state=&hometown=&height=&weight=

After sitting a year he'd have sophomore eligibility. Also, he had a chance to see us this last year in the Battle in Seattle. So he "knows" this team.

:]

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Despite Bobs post, rumors floating around Mizzou that JT may be headed to Columbia. I'm not too worked up either way.

JAGzag
04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Despite Bobs post, rumors floating around Mizzou that JT may be headed to Columbia. I'm not too worked up either way.

Wow, if true Mizzou is a hotbed of transfers this year!

thespywhozaggedme
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow, if true Mizzou is a hotbed of transfers this year!

Oriakhi and Turner, anyone else?

titopoet
04-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Oriakhi and Turner, anyone else?

Keion Bell (from Pepperdine), Jabari Brown (from Oregon), Alex Oriakhi (from Connecticut) will all see serious minutes for Mizzu next season.

BobZag
04-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Well crud.