• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Gaddy update

[Abdul] Gaddy holds offers from Oregon St., Washington St., Pepperdine, Gonzaga, and most recently Washington, and Kansas, Oregon and Arizona showing interest..

"I want to make a decision before the school basketball season starts because I don't want any distractions, probably in September or October."
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • pbriz
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2007

hmmm

before september or october.... thats probably in our favor....
    It's F4 or bust.

Comment

• steventreich
      Redshirt
      • Feb 2007

Unfortunately, what BZ left out from the Rivals article is the fact that Gaddy apparently has a very high opinion of the Huskies, based on his personally knowing Romar, Dollar, and many members of the past and current Husky team. The article left the impression that UW is in the lead for Gaddy's services. I certainly hope that is not the case, particularly given the numerous Gonzaga connections to Bellermine Prep.

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Seems like it would be pbriz. WSU would be the only competition of who has offered. Seems like he feels good about someone to make that statement.

Correct me if I'm wrong Steven but wasn't the article written by a Husky writer? Just an observation.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Unfortunately, what BZ left out from the Rivals article is the fact that Gaddy apparently has a very high opinion of the Huskies, based on his personally knowing Romar, Dollar, and many members of the past and current Husky team.
          The same can be said for Gonzaga..........

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

What I failed to mention was that the article is an extremely slanted piece written by a Huskies fan/writer.

As much as I'd be thrilled to get Siva, Bradley, Cunningham, etc., Gaddy and Tyler Haws would be awesome. Two 6'5" guards. I can dig that.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• steventreich
              Redshirt
              • Feb 2007

I'm just reading the tea leaves MDABE. I have no love for the Huskies, and sadistically, I enjoyed watching them have a down year. But in their defense, they were awfully young. No way the performance could match the hype. I just hope the preseason optimism surrounding the Zags doesn't lead to similar disappointments. But before last season, the Huskies went to two sweet sixteens, and their players have been going to the NBA with regularity. Personally, something about Romar leaves me wanting to take a shower. But I wouldn't be too quick to throw Romar under the bus just yet as a coach or recruiter.

Comment

• steventreich
                Redshirt
                • Feb 2007

Of course, my comments can also be completely disregarded since it is apparent that the article was written by a Husky...

Comment

• ZagAddict
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

It looks like the 2009 recruiting class could start to take shape this summer. I hope Gonzaga in on the receiving end of a committment from one or more of these prospects we've been following. It would be nice to have a solid committment early to persuade other top tier players to commit to GU for the 2009 class.

It's also interesting to see a lot of these players that we are recruting list Pepperdine as well. It appears that Pepperdine is really being active on the recruiting path with top tier recruits. It will be interesting to see what level of committments they get. I keep hoping the WCC picks up its level of competition, and Pepperdine seems to be serious about building a "program".

Comment

• CDC84
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Re:

Anyone who knows much about the college game knows that Romar can recruit. That has never, ever been in question....even going back to his days as an assistant at UCLA.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                      Anyone who knows much about the college game knows that Romar can recruit. That has never, ever been in question....even going back to his days as an assistant at UCLA.

It's the whole coaching part he's not so great at.

Comment

• roxdoc
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Romar reminds me of Geo. Raveling - lots of talk, but challenged on the court.

Comment

• lothar98zag
                          PostPadder General
                          • Feb 2007

If a head coach isn't too god at the X & O part, they should have at least 1 good (or great) X & O guy as an assistant. That way the coaching staff as a whole doesn't have a weakness.

Don't know much about UW's full staff to comment further.
                          youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

What you need to know

about ewe dub's full staff.

2 of 'em have crossed the line with the NCAA.
                            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZigZagger
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Feb 2007

CDC - a question about Romar's recruiting abilities: Sure, he is great at acquiring 'blue chippers' but how do you think he does at assembling a team? His teams have consistently struck me as a case of "the whole being less than the sum of its parts." Part of that is coaching but isn't part of that also being able to identify the right guys for your system?

Comment

Working...
                              X