PDA

View Full Version : Harris, Pangos and Sacre Make All-Jesuit Team

Angelo Roncalli
04-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Harris first team; Pangos and Sacre HM:

Senior Tu Holloway has been named to the 2011-2012 National All-Jesuit Men’s Basketball Team, as announced by the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities and the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight. This is Holloway’s second straight year on the team.

The other Division I first team members are Creighton’s Doug McDermott, Marquette’s Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom, Gonzaga’s Elias Harris, Georgetown’s Jason Clark, Detroit’s Ray McCallum and Fairfield’s Rakim Sanders. Two Division II/III standouts also made the team: Steve Catich of Div. II Wheeling Jesuit and Corey Shontz of Div. III John Carroll.

Honorable mentions were given to Aaron Broussard (Seattle), Angelo Caloiaro (San Francisco); Brian Conklin (Saint Louis); Erik Etherly (Loyola Maryland); Corey Gray (Loyola New Orleans); Anthony Ireland (Loyola Marymount); Kevin Pangos (Gonzaga); and Robert Sacre (Gonzaga)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2012/04/18/holloway-named-to-all-jesuit-team/

Reborn
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Congratulations to Elias Harris for making 1st team. He's among some pretty good players. And to think that Elias is coming back for his senior year is just so incredible. He is a man of character for sure. Zags just may make it to the Promise Land next season.

Shout out to Pangos as well to make honorable mention as a Freshman and Robert his last year at GU. Zagland should be proud.

willandi
04-18-2012, 07:16 PM
So, this is based strictly on B'Ball talent and not on personality and temperment. Don't see Holloway making an All Nice Guy team that brings respect to his school!
Congrats to the Zags listed. Worthy based on skills and representative of how most of us feel about Gonzaga.

MDABE80
04-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Live and learn will...I suspect he's learned his lesson...but I bet Pangos and Bell (he didn't show his stuff eary enough) will be the guards on that team within 3 years.

Congrats to Elias.It's a nice honor....not given to marginal kids.

As an aside McDermott really earned it. I had dinner with the Dean at Creighton a few nights ago. He's (and his cohorts) are absolutely astonished the GU isn't playing Creighton. He also told me that he'd push for a Jesuit Invitational to be rotated around the different cities of the particpants.

Even though Georgetown hasn't agreed to anything ( and likey won't) his feeling is that Creighton and GU would set the stage for Marquette and one other major school with the Jesuit moniker would be happy to play. I thought I'd pass this along....it might be time for something like that (again). TV contracts for national attention (ESPN especially) should be an easy sell.

webspinnre
04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
A Jesuit invitational would be outstanding.

cjm720
04-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Harris first team; Pangos and Sacre HM:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2012/04/18/holloway-named-to-all-jesuit-team/

I guess character doesn't come into play with Holloway winning the top honor.

Congrats to Harris, Sacre and Pangos!

jazzdelmar
04-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Live and learn will...I suspect he's learned his lesson...but I bet Pangos and Bell (he didn't show his stuff eary enough) will be the guards on that team within 3 years.

Congrats to Elias.It's a nice honor....not given to marginal kids.

As an aside McDermott really earned it. I had dinner with the Dean at Creighton a few nights ago. He's (and his cohorts) are absolutely astonished the GU isn't playing Creighton. He also told me that he'd push for a Jesuit Invitational to be rotated around the different cities of the particpants.

Even though Georgetown hasn't agreed to anything ( and likey won't) his feeling is that Creighton and GU would set the stage for Marquette and one other major school with the Jesuit moniker would be happy to play. I thought I'd pass this along....it might be time for something like that (again). TV contracts for national attention (ESPN especially) should be an easy sell.

all due respect, i dont think a tourney w a jesuitical theme wd be partic attractive to espn, fox, cbs, et al., nor to the execs at the participating unis. religious consonance left unsaid, as in the wcc's affiliations, its fine. but to headline it, uh-uh. just my opinion.