PDA

View Full Version : Coach Few et al's Recruiting Junkets?

Kiddwell
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
(1) Does anyone have a reliable timeline relative to Coach Few's visit with the Karnivore and/or other recruits? It's happened already, or it's scheduled to happen soon?
(2) Also, any update on Lockett's visit to GU (or Few's visit to him)?
(3) Any other recruiting junkets going on? (For example, if memory serves, BZ mentioned something about Coach Lloyd being on the trail of a French b-baller.)

If exact dates are unknown (or top secret), how about some approximate dates? :drool:

Thank you.

:]

Angelo Roncalli
04-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Few and Lloyd went to Poland and France together. They left late last week (Thursday, I believe) and are either back or should be back shortly.

Kiddwell
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks, Angelo. That stopover in France is very intriguing.

JAGzag
04-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Few and Lloyd went to Poland and France together. They left late last week (Thursday, I believe) and are either back or should be back shortly.

Does anyone know someone who works at Spokane TSA? We could search for that LOI! :p

Zag 77
04-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Gee, maybe Few and Tommy stopped to get their wives some Chanel #5 at the Paris Costco before heading home. Something to go along with the Polish Sausages they bought at the Warsaw Costco.

Birddog
04-18-2012, 03:09 AM
It's also likely they were hitting some french restaurants, a couple days of nothing but pierogies, Keilbasa, and kraut will only take you so far.

bostonzagfan
04-18-2012, 04:31 AM
can someone clue me in to who the french recruit is?

TexasZagFan
04-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Gee, maybe Few and Tommy stopped to get their wives some Chanel #5 at the Paris Costco before heading home. Something to go along with the Polish Sausages they bought at the Warsaw Costco.

Wow!!! Paris has a Costco? The closest one to Paris was in Rockwall, about 75 miles from Paris.

Ooops, never mind...I was thinking Paris, Texas.

A to Zags
04-18-2012, 06:26 AM
can someone clue me in to who the french recruit is?

I often wonder what coaches do when a player like Keita transfers out in regards to not burning any bridges for future recruiting. In this case, is it possible the coaches could be visiting his parents or coaches in addition to looking at prospects?

Kiddwell
04-18-2012, 07:47 AM
I often wonder what coaches do when a player like Keita transfers out in regards to not burning any bridges for future recruiting. In this case, is it possible the coaches could be visiting his parents or coaches in addition to looking at prospects?

Keita recently hitting the dusty trail for another D1 team makes this fan wonder, too, the effect that vacancy has on recruitment in France. On the other hand, there's still Ronny's GU experience that speaks well of Europeans coming in, playing four years, earning a degree, and moving on to the pros.

Like your thoughts about the coaches getting acquainted with the parents on these Euro tours.