PDA

View Full Version : NEW CBS Pre-season Poll 4-12-12

MDABE80
04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/18504130/still-early-top-25-and-one-uk-solidifies-no-1-duke-ohio-state-move-up

Zag@LMU
04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/18504130/still-early-top-25-and-one-uk-solidifies-no-1-duke-ohio-state-move-up
20. Gonzaga
Last season: 26-7 (lost to Ohio State in round of 32)

Notable players definitely gone: Robert Sacre, Marquise Carter
Others expected to leave: None
Notable players expected to return: Elias Harris, Kevin Pangos, Gary Bell, Sam Dower, Guy Landry-Edi, Kelly Olynyk, Mike Hart, David Stockton
Notable newcomers: None

rijman
04-13-2012, 05:50 AM
20. Gonzaga
Last season: 26-7 (lost to Ohio State in round of 32)

Notable players definitely gone: Robert Sacre, Marquise Carter
Others expected to leave: None
Notable players expected to return: Elias Harris, Kevin Pangos, Gary Bell, Sam Dower, Guy Landry-Edi, Kelly Olynyk, Mike Hart, David Stockton
Notable newcomers: None
I wonder if Karnowski would be considered a "notable newcomer" when/if his commitment to the Zags becomes official.

Vanzagger
04-13-2012, 07:38 AM
a west coast team other than UCLA is ranked #20, it really means the talent = top 15.

When that team is from Spokane it means the talent = top 12.

When that team is from Spokane and has a coach with a history of bailing early it means talent = to top 10.

Every year we are ranked in the top 20 preseason. Come on coach, we know the excuses. It's getting stale. Do something this season. The Kennel Club and Tommy can only keep this thing going, the window open, for so long. Put on the big boy pants and earn that big pay check.

I hope I dont have to explain the cost of living in Spokane.

cggonzaga
04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Karnowski would be considered a "notable newcomer" when/if his commitment to the Zags becomes official.

Don't know but Trent Lockett certainly would be! This is a top 10 with Lockett.

JLGutrocks
04-13-2012, 08:59 AM
a west coast team other than UCLA is ranked #20, it really means the talent = top 15.

When that team is from Spokane it means the talent = top 12.

When that team is from Spokane and has a coach with a history of bailing early it means talent = to top 10.

Every year we are ranked in the top 20 preseason. Come on coach, we know the excuses. It's getting stale. Do something this season. The Kennel Club and Tommy can only keep this thing going, the window open, for so long. Put on the big boy pants and earn that big pay check.

So, I'm wondering if you think you could win 80% of D1 games with arguably the hardest schedule year-in-and-out in college basketball? If your answer is no, then I might suggest you try appreciating what we have.

rijman
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM

Not to pile on here, but... the Zags went further in the NCAA tourney and finished the season higher ranked than any other Pac-12 or WCC team. I assumed it took big boy pants to get that far. Is there another pair of pants required to go further I'm not aware of?

TheGonzagaFactor
04-14-2012, 01:12 AM

It's not getting stale to me at all. 14 consecutive NCAA appearances (with only 3 first game losses) is impressive regardless of who you are. He does something every season. His paycheck is nothing compared to Izzo, Calipari, Calhoun, Pitino, and even some who have nowhere neat the résumé Few does. Sure, he's got a couple of huge choke jobs in his past. However, what he has done with the talent he has had is nothing short of amazing.

MickMick
04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
I'll tell you what is starting to get stale........

zag67
04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
MickMick, I agree.

LynetteG
04-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I would really like to hear him talk about winning a national championship, eg "our goal to is to win our conference championship, and then go after a national championship".

Michigan has been irrelevant for a long time, but all last year, and going forward they talk about going after a national championship.

I think you have to have lofty goals to push yourself farther than you thought possible. I dont want to hear talk about winning the WCC, i want to hear talk about winning the BIG ONE! :)