PDA

View Full Version : Lockett Article

Angelo Roncalli
04-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Reports recently surfaced that Lockett was set to visit Gonzaga this weekend but that is not accurate. A source close to the situation, however, says Gonzaga is a possibility. Iowa State, Creighton and Marquette also have shown interest. Minneapolis media have reported Minnesota is in the mix.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2012/04/05/20120405asu-basketball-trent-lockett-pac-12-all-academic.html

U Zig, I Zag
04-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Creighton? Talk about giving an inch (Gibbs) and taking a mile (Lockett).

Baldwinzag
04-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Appreciate the link, AR.

Sounds as if Marquette has been the most aggressive school in recent days.

They'd be tough to pass up, yet they are still a 6+ hour drive from the Twin Cities, although we have quite a few MU Alums around these parts for some reason. I swear, I know more Wisconsinites than Minnesotans in Minneapolis.

Also, the Golden Eagles lose their Top-2 scorers, return their best SF/wing position player, and have TWO more SF/wing players coming in next season.

Marquette is no lock to make the NCAA Tourney next season (which he said he wants) after losing 36 ppg this off-season.

MDABE80
04-06-2012, 11:09 AM
TO me, the only two that make sense are us and Creighton. Creighton has eveyone back save for 1 guard. Much closer to his mom but still quite a hike. I've flown that route quit a bit. It takes every bit as much time as a simple non stop from Spokane to Minne.

One thing is obvious. He's a very good kid. He'll make some school very happy.

A to Zags
04-08-2012, 07:47 AM
TO me, the only two that make sense are us and Creighton. Creighton has eveyone back save for 1 guard. Much closer to his mom but still quite a hike. I've flown that route quit a bit. It takes every bit as much time as a simple non stop from Spokane to Minne.

One thing is obvious. He's a very good kid. He'll make some school very happy.
I can't help but think about his mother and whether she might want to go to some of his games? It may be an easy trip home for the young man but not so easy for a less than healthy adult. It seems playing in the twin cities would be ideal. I am confident that is in the families mind.

ZagaZags
04-08-2012, 03:17 PM
It would be great to get a home and home vs Minnesota so Sam could play close to home.

BMAN
04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Slipper Still Fits‏@slipperstillfitReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Looks like Minnesota just opened up a scholarship for Trent Lockett, as the schools announced Chip Armelin will transfer

CDC84
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Looks like Minnesota just opened up a scholarship for Trent Lockett, as the schools announced Chip Armelin will transfer

It's just amazing how that magically happens ;)

realtydog
04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
it was a pipe dream anyway

KStyles
04-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Slipper Still Fits‏@slipperstillfitReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

The ESPN article writer (and writers of several other articles I've read) seems to think the scholly is opened up for Trevor Mbakwe, but who knows. From what I'd heard, Minnesota had already applied to be allowed to have an additional scholarship for this year for Mbakwe if nobody had left.

http://i.imgur.com/ipAdR.gif

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota has granted guard Chip Armelin his release from the program so he can transfer, clearing the way for star forward Trevor Mbakwe's return for a sixth season.

The Golden Gophers announced Armelin's release on Monday. The sophomore averaged 5.2 points and 13.7 minutes per game. But his playing time dwindled down the stretch last season, and he requested his release.

The transfer means the Gophers now have a scholarship for Mbakwe. He missed most of last season with a torn ACL, but was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA.

Mbakwe has not officially announced his plans for next season. He could also decide to declare for the NBA draft. Coach Tubby Smith and Mbakwe have said recently that he is leaning toward returning.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7793112/minnesota-golden-gophers-grant-chip-armelin-transfer-clear-room-trevor-mbakwe